• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

Wow, just got an email from John Tyler Christopher canceling my order of Boba Fett covers because he says (or his wife says) that they sold more than they had due to a computer error...I orderEd when there were still 3000+ available on the website....and now he sells them for $60 a pop at conventions. Just wow.

just wait a few months and you'll find them for sale for $15 shipped.

Wow, just got an email from John Tyler Christopher canceling my order of Boba Fett covers because he says (or his wife says) that they sold more than they had due to a computer error...I orderEd when there were still 3000+ available on the website....and now he sells them for $60 a pop at conventions. Just wow.

Presold them on eBay is the problem. Only 4 of them at least. Not the smartest thing to do.

Presold them on eBay is the problem. Only 4 of them at least. Not the smartest thing to do.

I didn't get an email yet, now I'm worried. Only ordered 2 copies when they had 3000+ "in stock" too

If you care about your feedback you might have to bite the bullet and pay market price and get them from the sales forum here in order to meet your pre-sale obligations.

I didn't get an email yet, now I'm worried. Only ordered 2 copies when they had 3000+ "in stock" too

What day did you order? I thought I was early with a 4/13 order. Jen claimed they started selling them on 4/8 and sold out within 36 hours...

If you care about your feedback you might have to bite the bullet and pay market price and get them from the sales forum here in order to meet your pre-sale obligations.

Yep, don't want to lose perfect feedback so will be biting the bullet and taking a loss on this one. Lesson learned.

Uh oh...

Here we go!

You have this sorted by "completed" listings, not ones that actually sold.

Seems to be selling for low $50's to mid $60's. If the book cost $20, as was stated in here + cost of shipping, grading and fees, you are losing money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=1&_from=R40|R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=spider-gwen+1+phantom+cgc&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

the laughing smiley face in Lonzilla's post indicates the he was making a joke and pointing out that those Spider-Gwen variants are tanking...

:sorry:

Uh oh...

Here we go!

Yup, this smells bad. Theres an on going discussion about this also o the C2E2 thread under comic events. If the artist really fails to deliver those orders he basically makes Marvel look bad. If alot of people will voice their concern about this to Marvel you may be able to get a quicker response..

Uh oh...

Here we go!

Yup, this smells bad. Theres an on going discussion about this also o the C2E2 thread under comic events. If the artist really fails to deliver those orders he basically makes Marvel look bad. If alot of people will voice their concern about this to Marvel you may be able to get a quicker response..

Thanks for the heads up and the good idea.

That is why I don't presell, way too risky. I'll bet he thinks he can cancel small orders pretty easily and fill the larger ones.

Yup and given the brutality of Diamond's and UPS's handling of the books any given week, I won't list anything until I have it in hand

That is why I don't presell, way too risky. I'll bet he thinks he can cancel small orders pretty easily and fill the larger ones.

I remember you saying that you were way too paranoid to presell! Smart.

You thought JTC's price at the con was high? lol Check this....

Boba Fett for HOW MUCH?!?!?!

If this comes up that he is selling a C2E2 and canceling preorders, then yeah.....It creates drama, then marvel will have to print more. Wow, that 2nd printing though....controversial but might be low print number lmao! Or it will be upped to 6000 copies to fulfill orders and still called 1st print.

Now that is SPECULATION!

BTW Eternal Warrior #4 is picking up steam, and lowest BIN is at $49,00 shipped.

I have one listed and got 3 offers over night.

looks like it may have been late comers that for some reason were allowed to order after they were sold out...I missed the 13th date when I first read the email. I watched the countdown as it sold out and it was way before that date.

I could see a 2nd printing before increasing the totals from the initial 5k....should be some fun reading the next few days.

Edited by krighton

looks like it may have been late comers that for some reason were allowed to order after they were sold out...I missed the 13th date when I first read the email. I watched the countdown as it sold out and it was way before that date.

I could see a 2nd printing before increasing the totals from the initial 5k....should be some fun reading the next few days.

just so I have this on both threads, I paid on the 8th at 750pm per PayPal but John is saying it was the 13th. Makes no sense