• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

At one of my LCS every employee collects the action figure variants, and most of them are not big buyers of books. One of the girls gets one for her brother and her father. These action figure books cross over the line into people that just dig star wars not comics, that remember the figures when they where kids.

They are all pissed that they weren't able to get this book. Wont pay $90 bucks for a copy though.

And after seeing it takes $90 to complete their collection they will move on to other things. That's usually the way it goes. Then the inevitable price drop.

Now you see Skybound and Image have multiple con variants starting at $10

Ha! Nice try.

They ALWAYS did....

Back to the 90's

Lonely again on a Saturday night I see. Always starting at $10? Yup. You got me.

Although you can still get a variant for most new Image titles they tend to shy away from variants on established titles.

Confused...

Why would a publisher / creator (seller)

Begrudge

A retailer ( buyer)

From making money?!

You tell me. You feel similar about selling your variants to anyone who might make money on them.

BTW Eternal Warrior #4 is picking up steam, and lowest BIN is at $49,00 shipped.

I have one listed and got 3 offers over night.

Don't understand the EW 4 bump. Rai # 0 is the bloodshot to own, and a he's on the cover, which also is a valiant classic! Back in the day EW4 was to bloodshot what X-O 3 was to shadowman, secondary at best.

Rai 0 has 50K more copies. I'm guessing It's not going to be Rai 0.

At one of my LCS every employee collects the action figure variants, and most of them are not big buyers of books. One of the girls gets one for her brother and her father. These action figure books cross over the line into people that just dig star wars not comics, that remember the figures when they where kids.

They are all pissed that they weren't able to get this book. Wont pay $90 bucks for a copy though.

And after seeing it takes $90 to complete their collection they will move on to other things. That's usually the way it goes. Then the inevitable price drop.

Now you see Skybound and Image have multiple con variants starting at $10

Ha! Nice try.

They ALWAYS did....

Back to the 90's

Wasn't there a Kaptara #1 C2E2 variant this weekend for $3.50?

Just like Hulk 180/181, the market will choose Eternal Warrior or Rai for the one to be the "HOT" book.

Sit back and watch it happen is all we can really do.

It seems that there are enough people shelling out money for both of these issues right now that there might be a situation where there's no clear winner in the long run. Keep in mind that they're both considered classic covers by Valiant fans.

Just like Hulk 180/181, the market will choose Eternal Warrior or Rai for the one to be the "HOT" book.

It seems that there are enough people shelling out money for both of these issues right now that there might be a situation where there's no clear winner in the long run. Keep in mind that they're both considered classic covers by Valiant fans.

I find this recent EW4 vs Rai 0 to be hilarious. This debate was settled back in 1993.

Last page cameo = EW4

1st full appearance and cover, and most important book in valiant history = rai 0

Hasn't changed in 22years, what would make it change now?

I find this recent EW4 vs Rai 0 to be hilarious. This debate was settled back in 1993.

Last page cameo = EW4

1st full appearance and cover, and most important book in valiant history = rai 0

Hasn't changed in 22years, what what make it change now?

What's changed now is a new wave of speculation. So people aren't so much concerned about what they want personally, because there's no debate on that. You want what you want and you buy it. The debate is over what other people will or should want.

Last page cameo = EW4

Hasn't changed in 22years, what what make it change now?

What's changed now is a new wave of speculation. So people aren't so much concerned about what they want personally, because there's no debate on that. You want what you want and you buy it. The debate is over what other people will or should want.

lol

That made me laugh...but I agree. To me Rai #0 is a no brainer though I I really liked a lot of EW issues including #4 and #5 . Both covers were great. It appears to me that scarcity (EW #4) is beating desirability (Rai #0). I can tell you this. There are a lot more Rai books being purchased on ebay relative to EW. That is a solid indicator for the long term to me as there are lots of both issues available.

Just took a quick glance on eBay,

Rai 0 has about 74 listed (including lots) with about 69 sold since the 20th

EW 4 has about 32 listed (including lots) with about 53 sold since the 20th.

I myself prefer the EW 4 over Rai 0, due to the more limited quantity. I also think price point plays a factor in the recent sales. Just my .02.

Although you can still get a variant for most new Image titles they tend to shy away from variants on established titles.

Confused...

Begrudge

A retailer ( buyer)

From making money?!

I look forward to your next Walking Dead phantom variant.

I think that has something to do with AMC...

Confused...

Begrudge

A retailer ( buyer)

From making money?!

There was a WD Ghost Variant a couple years back

Confused...

Begrudge

A retailer ( buyer)

From making money?!

It doesn't. (thumbs u