• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

A question: I am trying to pick up a set of Divinity to read it (I know #4 has to come out yet) but, aside from variants, if there's so much heat around #1 how do you think this will unfold with the other issues?

I mean, considered it is a mini-series: having #1 alone does not make much sense and even if they adjusted the print run I can’t think it would be much different from the one of the first issue… hm

A question: I am trying to pick up a set of Divinity to read it (I know #4 has to come out yet) but, aside from variants, if there's so much heat around #1 how do you think this will unfold with the other issues?

I mean, considered it is a mini-series: having #1 alone does not make much sense and even if they adjusted the print run I can’t think it would be much different from the one of the first issue… hm

Hard to say what will happen with Divinity, but it was originally envisioned as an arc within the Unity storyline where this character would have made a first appearance... but they "upgraded it" to a stand-alone mini-series.

Divinity #1 is the first appearance, and there are plans for the character after his mini-series.

There should be cover price options for reading all of the Divinity books, because they have gone back to print to make sure there are regular priced books available for ordering through Diamond.

Well, I know it's been rumored, but now it's confirmed. :grin:

So is Batman 40 going to be more hot in the long run or 41? hm

Well after Superman beats the stuffing out of Batman in the movie, and Jim Gordon pulls out his War Machine suit to take his place for a bit, I'd say issue 41.

Otherwise, it probably depends on how long they can keep the joker (or Bruce) dead for.

Hard to say what will happen with Divinity, but it was originally envisioned as an arc within the Unity storyline where this character would have made a first appearance... but they "upgraded it" to a stand-alone mini-series.

Divinity #1 is the first appearance, and there are plans for the character after his mini-series.

Ivar Timewalker #1 I believe is the first appearance of Divinity no? Or does it have a cameo preview , getting way to hard to keep up with this

Well after Superman beats the stuffing out of Batman in the movie, and Jim Gordon pulls out his War Machine suit to take his place for a bit, I'd say issue 41.

Otherwise, it probably depends on how long they can keep the joker (or Bruce) dead for.

Commissioner Gordon as Batman isn't going to last that long.

Ivar Timewalker #1 I believe is the first appearance of Divinity no? Or does it have a cameo preview , getting way to hard to keep up with this

Its like a 5 page preview that appears in three Valiant Books.

Ivar came out first.

Commissioner Gordon as Batman isn't going to last that long.

Maybe long enough to pump the Gordon of Gotham mini-series. :wishluck:

Ivar came out first.

Those previews aren't considered the first appearance of Divinity... it's more advertising/teaser.

The full story is Divinity #1, including those 5 pages.

Ivar came out first.

Those previews aren't considered the first appearance of Divinity... it's more advertising/teaser.

That's where the first appearance argument comes out.

Ivar was published first and includes five pages of Divinity #1. Since Ivar came out before Divinity #1 - it is a first appearance, a lame but very bankable first appearance.

I've sold all my copies but I'm not going to understate that books potential of importance.

Ivar came out first.

Ivar was published first and includes five pages of Divinity #1. Since Ivar came out before Divinity #1 - it is a first appearance, a lame but very bankable first appearance.

I've sold all my copies but I'm not going to understate that books potential of importance.

Isn't this like the difference between The Walking Dead in Capes #1 and The Walking Dead #1?

Ivar came out first.

Isn't this like the difference between The Walking Dead in Capes #1 and The Walking Dead #1?

Great comparison. Great example. Yes.

Ivar came out first.

Great comparison. Great example. Yes.

OK, then the preview of Divinity in those books should be worth about 1% to 10% of the value of Divinity #1.

(Judging by the value of Capes #1 vs. the value of The Walking Dead #1)

Since Divinity #1 (regular edition) sells for about $25 to $40, that would put the preview books at $0.25 to $4.00.

The cover price is $3.99. lol

OK, then the preview of Divinity in those books should be worth about 1% to 10% of the value of Divinity #1.

(Judging by the value of Capes #1 vs. the value of The Walking Dead #1)

Since Divinity #1 (regular edition) sells for about $25 to $40, that would put the preview books at $0.25 to $4.00.

The cover price is $3.99. lol

Thanks for the explanation about the mini-series, and loved this analysis. lol

Oh well, I grabbed a #1 third printing (which I like because of the light blue instead of red) and hopefully a #2 and #3 coming my way too. :)

It's got the same flavor as the Capes/Agents/WD 1 situation.