• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I really don't think you have any idea what motivates the people that you disagree with.

I don't think you know anything about me. And if you don't think sites like Jezebel will have an article posted crying about the state of females in comics the second the current Thor book gets scrapped.....

How is that any different than all the internet people who wined when she first was introduced as a female? You want to find a side agreeing OR disagreeing for whichever side you want to take, on the internet, it's there.

174 and 175 are the first appearances of the hellspawn Gunslinger Spawn. Some of the various hellspawn first appearances command a decent price in high grade, like Mandarin.

Also during the stretch of pretty low print runs.

The two books have been getting good prices for awhile now.

Patrick

Yes there are quite a few issues between 150 and 200 that command decent money in high grade.

I thanks those of you who reaponded to my question.

I really don't think you have any idea what motivates the people that you disagree with.

I don't think you know anything about me. And if you don't think sites like Jezebel will have an article posted crying about the state of females in comics the second the current Thor book gets scrapped, I have some cloud insurance to sell you. Most of the time what motivates these people is nothing more than attention.

I don't have to know anything about you personally to see that what you write doesn't correspond to reality. It's clear that you haven't taken the time to actually try to understand the perspective of those that are vocal about the representation of women (across all media, not just comics). I don't see people interested in personal attention, but rather interested in calling attention to the fact that the status quo is pretty F'ed up and doesn't treat people equally.You're going to have some irrational people in any crowd, so if you go looking for them, I imagine you'll be able to find some people trying to connect reverting to the original Thor to the issue of the representation of women when that eventually happens. But then, I don't think anyone expect that that wasn't the plan all along. It has a tenuous connection to the larger issue of the representation of women in comics. You may see some comments of people disappointed with the change because they liked the female Thor character and storyline, but that's not the same thing.

174 and 175 are the first appearances of the hellspawn Gunslinger Spawn. Some of the various hellspawn first appearances command a decent price in high grade, like Mandarin.

Patrick

Yes there are quite a few issues between 150 and 200 that command decent money in high grade.

The homage covers also command a good chunk of cash to get as well. oddly a lot of spawn back issues post #100 drive at least cover from what I've seen this past year tying to fill in the holes of my set.... 17 more to go and 174 & 175 are two of them.

Will we see darth vader #5 heat up like #3 did? New Villain team first appears in the issue today. Kinda of cool I think. Darth vader is the best star wars book to me.

Patrick

The homage covers also command a good chunk of cash to get as well. oddly a lot of spawn back issues post #100 drive at least cover from what I've seen this past year tying to fill in the holes of my set.... 17 more to go and 174 & 175 are two of them.

AWWWW you guys are talking about my auction!

The Spawn book has a really small print run. Also people love Spawn with guns!

I don't think you know anything about me. And if you don't think sites like Jezebel will have an article posted crying about the state of females in comics the second the current Thor book gets scrapped.....

How is that any different than all the internet people who wined when she first was introduced as a female? You want to find a side agreeing OR disagreeing for whichever side you want to take, on the internet, it's there.

Because readers crying when an iconic character is bastardized have a legitimate reason to be upset. Outsiders crying over the termination of the derivative character and concluding its because she is woman (the comic industry has an agenda against women you know) don't.

+1

The Dark Side is always more... "interesting". :grin:

I agree too. The Darth Vader is definately my favorite of the news Star Wars related series.

+1 for the Darkside of the Force.

Its in my top 5 at the moment.

the 1:25 Darth Vader 5 is pretty hard to find locally....copies I did find were all marked way up. Cheapest on ebay is $17 shipped

3rd of 4 stops today, and I snatched it for $9.00. :grin:

so only 1 out of 4 had it? I think most of mine were probably saved for pull customers (or put on ebay)

I finally found 2 for $9.99 each, that was the cheapest....Midtown has them for $17 and MCS has them for $19

Doesn't hurt that there's no 1:15 to water down the desirability.

Edited by krighton

Yeah the others were promised to subs likely before I could get to them. Had to chase down a Wolverine JTC Secret Wars Variant though, and a NM copy of Savior #2. I also found a 6th shop within reasonable driving distance will check them out as soon as I can leave my office.

Yeah the cover is nothing to write home about for DV 5 but it's a 1:25 so whatever. The DV3 1:25 isn't that great but still going for around $40.

DV5 Looks like he's getting ready to play some slow pitch.