• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Just want to give credit where its due to ebay seller avidcomicbookcollector who came through with my pre-order of Bats40 combos. These were all bought for cover and shipped the day of release

IMG_1728.jpg

(worship)

I'm gonna miss combo packs!

By the Weekend.

Wasnt this the assumption about whichever "character" it ended up being? I am curious what you think about this book 1 year from now, and fiver years from now. Do you really think Key is an appropriate word?

*shrug*

I cannot tell what Marvels publishing plans are going to be beyond this year...

Why are you so jilted with me referring to What-If #10 as a key issue?

It's the first Jane Foster as Thor.

( Not THE current 616 Thor, which doesn't exist anymore anyway )

But her 1st appearance as Thor.

A KEY issue indeed.

lol , I am never jilted at anyone, let alone you. Lot's of people like to have a go at you Larry, and I have never been one of those people. 9 times out of 10 I am on your side of debates.

I respect your opinions on comic markets, especially the retail aspect of it, but not jsut there, the secondary market as well. That is why I objected to you using the word "key", cause you adn I both know in the proper sense of the word, it is most definitely not a "key" book.

In terms of speculating on Female Thor, and in terms of the reveal, it is without question THE book. There was never any doubt that A book was going to become a $100+ book as soon as the reveal occurred. If it had been Roz (thank goodness its not), her first appearance would be headed there too. I dont think anyone needs to "predict" that there was going to be a big bounce for whichever character's book won the reveal....

Anyway, this thread will keep on being what its always been, anyone rushing to over pay for a What If #10, think of it this way:

-It's never going back to where it was

-now is the absolute worst time to be trying to buy one

-either buy a dip when something else has the speculative attention, or wait for the female thor fad to wear off (but realize that could be a year or two away...)

Edited by CBT

So I went to the nearest LCS on my lunchbreak to pick up the new Thor and was rummaging through the $2 box and found THIS! What a coincidence! It's a beater copy but still, it's complete and intact so.... for $2 it's a keeper for me! :grin:

Scan0001_zpsr8rqrfe3.jpg

:cool::cool:

By the Weekend.

Wasnt this the assumption about whichever "character" it ended up being? I am curious what you think about this book 1 year from now, and fiver years from now. Do you really think Key is an appropriate word?

*shrug*

I cannot tell what Marvels publishing plans are going to be beyond this year...

Why are you so jilted with me referring to What-If #10 as a key issue?

It's the first Jane Foster as Thor.

( Not THE current 616 Thor, which doesn't exist anymore anyway )

But her 1st appearance as Thor.

A KEY issue indeed.

lol , I am never jilted at anyone, let alone you. Lot's of people like to have a go at you Larry, and I have never been one of those people. 9 times out of 10 I am on your side of debates.

I respect your opinions on comic markets, especially the retail aspect of it, but not jsut there, the secondary market as well. That is why I objected to you using the word "key", cause you adn I both know in the proper sense of the word, it is most definitely not a "key" book.

In terms of speculating on Female Thor, and in terms of the reveal, it is without question THE book. There was never any doubt that A book was going to become a $100+ book as soon as the reveal occurred. If it had been Roz (thank goodness its not), her first appearance would be headed there too. I dont think anyone needs to "predict" that there was going to be a big bounce for whichever character's book won the reveal....

Anyway, this thread will keep on being what its always been, anyone rushing to over pay for a What If #10, think of it this way:

-It's never going back to where it was

-now is the absolute worst time to be trying to buy one

-either buy a dip when something else has the speculative attention, or wait for the female thor fad to wear off (but realize that could be a year or two away...)

how bout:

1st Jane Foster with the power of Thor?

Logical Key designation, No?

how bout:

Not the way Key has been defined for the majority of comic collecting history, though the word seems to mean less and less with each passing year. Let me put it another way:

1st Jane Foster is NOT a Key....therefore, 1st Jane Foster "x" cannot be either.

how bout:

Not the way Key has been defined for the majority of comic collecting history, though the word seems to mean less and less with each passing year. Let me put it another way:

1st Jane Foster is NOT a Key....therefore, 1st Jane Foster "x" cannot be either.

1st appearance Jane Foster with the power of Thor?

Work with me here.

What If #10 is an important book.

mess. The clue was on the cover of #1

Marvel WANTS Natalie Portman to pick up the hammer.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/13/drolling-for-clicks-how-the-revealed-identity-of-thor-makes-a-lot-of-sense/

The current market will eat it up.

how bout:

Work with me here.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/13/drolling-for-clicks-how-the-revealed-identity-of-thor-makes-a-lot-of-sense/

Natalie Portman will never be Thor in the movie. That would be dumber than Gwyneth Paltrow being Iron Man.

how bout:

Work with me here.

Natalie Portman will never be Thor in the movie. That would be dumber than Gwyneth Paltrow being Iron Man.

Gwyneth Paltrow will be Rescue is what you meant to say.

Right?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Rescue

GUARANTEED movie appearance.

Might as well embrace it fellas, there are girls in the your comic shop.

And they collect paper.

Edited by LarrysComics

Move ticket buyers doesn't equal comic book collecting. There I said it.

The industry's AVENGERS SALES would disagree with you entirely, this month...

HUGE draw for Secret Wars from civilians.

( YES, Secret Wars is a direct lead in from Avengers )

Edited by LarrysComics