• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

The book to really watch is the Mad MAx Furiosa #1B Blank cover. There was some glitch at Diamond and these were super under ordered. Already blowing up on the bay. Also found some shops online diddent even sell em on the store. went straight to ebay. I hate shops that do this.

hm

I didn't see any at MTC, but then again I didn't go yesterday, I went today. They still had a decent amount of the regular.

I don't recall seeing any around lunch time yesterday.

where does 5below stock the comics!? I have to go back tomorrow and check again.

Since you're in NYC, I figured I'd mention that I went to the one in Sunnyside today and didn't see any. I checked the book island twice and walked around the rest of the store. Saw nothing.

okay so im not crazy that was one of the store I checked out the other day. So your From staten island as well?

Wow, you guys are all over those 5 below packs like youve never seen comics before. Talk about hype.. and people complain about optioned characters for movies as hype..

some dude posts a picture of 3-4 mediocre books that are selling ok at the moment bagged in plastic and everyone is out looking for bigfoot

Wow, you guys are all over those 5 below packs like youve never seen comics before. Talk about hype.. and people complain about optioned characters for movies as hype..

some dude posts a picture of 3-4 mediocre books that are selling ok at the moment bagged in plastic and everyone is out looking for bigfoot

My friend found 7 Ramos variants and 13-15 other 1:50/1:175 variants on the covers of decent books in one store in Chicago. He said they had about 100 total packs.

My friend found 7 Ramos variants and 13-15 other 1:50/1:175 variants on the covers of decent books in one store in Chicago. He said they had about 100 total packs.

Appearantly, your friend did a million times better than the past 5-6 posters here who found nothing. So what does that tell us?

And here are some moderns that are/will be heating up by tomorrow:

http://deadline.com/2015/06/chernobyl-the-invisible-enemy-scott-rudin-fox-tv-garrett-basch-southern-bastards-city-on-fire-1201448567/

Congrats Jason!

Appearantly, your friend did a million times better than the past 5-6 posters here who found nothing. So what does that tell us?

And here are some moderns that are/will be heating up by tomorrow:

http://deadline.com/2015/06/chernobyl-the-invisible-enemy-scott-rudin-fox-tv-garrett-basch-southern-bastards-city-on-fire-1201448567/

Congrats Jason!

I hit 3 by me and didn't find anything as well. I was just pointing out that it was possible to find some decent stuff.

:roflmao:

Yesterday my wife said the word "combo" and the words combo pack shot through my brain followed by an image of your avatar. True story. lol

where does 5below stock the comics!? I have to go back tomorrow and check again.

Since you're in NYC, I figured I'd mention that I went to the one in Sunnyside today and didn't see any. I checked the book island twice and walked around the rest of the store. Saw nothing.

okay so im not crazy that was one of the store I checked out the other day. So your From staten island as well?

Nope. Queens. That shop is in my neighborhood (roughly).

I can't speak for others, but the store I stopped at was maybe five or ten minutes out of my way. That would have been worth it if there was a stash of Point Ones to be had.

Hit another 5below yesterday on my way home from work. & came up with a big fat nothing again. Nothing of any quality. A lot of Original Sin, a handful of AvX variants, some obscure Marvel NOW! 2nd prints that weren't of any important issues (DD 6, She-Hulk 1, etc), a lot of Spider-Man 1.1 & 1.2s and a smattering of other Avengers-related titles.

It seemed to be about the same 7 or 10 books in different combinations between each pack. And not a single ANMNPO to be seen.

:roflmao:

Yesterday my wife said the word "combo" and the words combo pack shot through my brain followed by an image of your avatar. True story. lol

lol

I hit up 3 more on my way home yesterday. Scored 3 ANMNPO, 3 more X-Men 10 1:100 B&W (all the ANMNPO I found had one, including one that the ANMNPO was hidden behind another book), some 1:50 variants and a bunch of 1:10-1:25 ones. No ASM 4s though. A lot of random reading material from when I wasn't collecting and some cool covers. Was fun searching and didn't take very long or much driving..

Every Five Below I went to had them in the same spot - back by the toys on an end-cap rack hanging from hooks. A couple also had 5-packs where only one book shows also for $4, but the two I found were all random late 2000s 2nd prints. Only the 4-packs seemed to have the variants and Point Ones..

what store?

what store?

He lives in Elmhurst. I would assume the closest one. I will ask later today.

what store?

He lives in Elmhurst. I would assume the closest one. I will ask later today.

pics or it never happened :baiting:

Nope. Queens. That shop is in my neighborhood (roughly).

Go to Royal Collectibles/Metropolitan any day of the year and Ill guarantee you will find better deals in their basement dollar bins.