• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

Sold two Marvel Contest of Champions #1 1:25 Yu Variant last night for $30 each on eBay. Still have 1 more listed...

This book is about to take a back seat to Deadpool #1. White Fox makes her 1st FULL appearance in issue #1 of All New All Different Marvel Deadpool.

how so...she's on the cover of Contest of Champions and in 3 pages of CoC.

Huh? I read it too fast and missed her completely in the issue I guess. However, Gambit had more panels than that in the X-Men Annual and everyone still called it a Cameo.

We shall see I guess.

Sold two Marvel Contest of Champions #1 1:25 Yu Variant last night for $30 each on eBay. Still have 1 more listed...

This book is about to take a back seat to Deadpool #1. White Fox makes her 1st FULL appearance in issue #1 of All New All Different Marvel Deadpool.

Huh? I read it too fast and missed her completely in the issue I guess. However, Gambit had more panels than that in the X-Men Annual and everyone still called it a Cameo.

We shall see I guess.

Her first full is definitely contest of champions. She's got a whole story dedicated to her in there. That yu variant is gonna be huge. Deadpool will definitely drive up demand. I see she is in Gwenpool too.

Ive said this before, but the plot of Saga was brilliant. Where I thought the book went wrong was making it adult oriented content. Great story poor choice of where to drive the content. It didn't need to be adult oriented to be successful. Big turn off for me.

i've agreed with this before :) and I will agree with it again.

We shall see I guess.

Yes, but gambit was decided back when comic book collectors and readers made the decisions with their wallets and collecting habits.

Nowadays, speculators decide using their credit lines, CGC label lobbying, and threads on this forum ;)

(sometimes the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed on bleedingcool.com helps too)

Never seen the notebook but Y certainly falls into the romantic drama category. It should also attract the female crowd.

You should check it out. It's worth a watch IMO. Yes, I just said that.

G.G. would be disappointed :sorry:

Does anyone know what the print run of Kirkman's Invincible #1 was?

First issue seems to be selling consistently in the $200+ range, and it's 100+ issues strong in to its run, but I never hear buzz about it as a spec book. The first arc seems like good material for a movie, especially now that Marvel has established the basics of the "Super-Hero genre" in the wider public consciousness.

Never seen the notebook but Y certainly falls into the romantic drama category. It should also attract the female crowd.

Maybe listening to GG while watching The Notebook lines up like The Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyds The Wall. :insane:

Does anyone know what the print run of Kirkman's Invincible #1 was?

First issue seems to be selling consistently in the $200+ range, and it's 100+ issues strong in to its run, but I never hear buzz about it as a spec book. The first arc seems like good material for a movie, especially now that Marvel has established the basics of the "Super-Hero genre" in the wider public consciousness.

1- 10,751

2- 8,506

3- 7,350

4- 7,558

5- 6,774

6- 6,464

7- 6,091

8- 6,321

9- 6,086

10- 5,599

From Comichron

Maybe listening to GG while watching The Notebook lines up like The Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyds The Wall. :insane:

Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon is the way to go.

Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon is the way to go.

You are correct. I blame Awax for rattling my cage with GG.

I maybe biased here because I am a BKV fan and I love saga. I have a 9.8 registry of the entire run, that's how much I love the series.

However, I believe that Saga has bigger crossover appeal than Outcast. The Sci-Fi content appeals to a wider demographic from males to females.

Outcast's content is so niche being the horror genre. I understand that Kirkman has a loyal following, but we have to keep in mind BKV and Fiona Staples do as well.

I want Outcast to succeed . I have a stack of #1s in my shortbox so I hope I am proven wrong.

Ive said this before, but the plot of Saga was brilliant. Where I thought the book went wrong was making it adult oriented content. Great story poor choice of where to drive the content. It didn't need to be adult oriented to be successful. Big turn off for me.

Outcast will draw a different audience. Will it be more successful? Short term I extremely doubt it, but it might pull a cult following past the WD crossovers and really have a healthy long run. The print run though will always keep the growth from achieving Saga value I think.

I respect your opinion but on the opposite side. I agree, they didn't need to go adult-oriented. But I appreciated that they did. I appreciate it a bit more that it's coming from a female artist (as most wouldn't have expected it from a woman).

Patrick

We shall see I guess.

There will also be about 4X as may copies available of Deadpool #1 as there are of CoC #1.