• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I think its safe to say when any modern book sells almost 100,000 copies that that qauntifies as a sell out lol. If you look at the numbers of modern teprited books maybe you would not assume this "conspiracy theory" of yours.. its not good to throw acusations and false facts to the community.

My spelling is do to the fact that i am not born here and still learning best i can..again..shows your supreme ignorance to continually take cheap shots..I'm not having it sir..you are bullying and I'm sure in person you are quet as a church mouse lol

I think its safe to say when any modern book sells almost 100,000 copies that that qauntifies as a sell out lol. If you look at the numbers of modern teprited books maybe you would not assume this "conspiracy theory" of yours.. its not good to throw acusations and false facts to the community.

The number of copies that are sold of a book is only relevant in respect to the number that are available. If 1,000,000 are available and 100,000 are actually sold, not a sell out.

Again..if you knrw your facts correctly snd checked the numbers. there are no 1 million sold books since Spawn 1 and spider-man 1 torment befor that..oh and jim lee xmen 1.,, sll grossly overprinted snd never sold out..not once.

Yes i am old as well so i understand you perfectly. thing is the hobby and investment side changes with time. some people want what not all others have. 2nd and 3rd prints are not what they were many years ago. They are made when a book sells out at Diamond dist. so rite away they produce another print to compansate for the high demand. Back in the day thete were so many copies produced that damand did not exceed supply. this is why for example. Demon #1..a hot book atm is readily available in anywhere. Never a need for another print.

Also, consider this, some publishers plan their reprints. It is part of their marketing strategy so they can declare a book was a sell out. In fact, the interior of those reprints are printed along with the first prints.

Why would they plan a 2nd print before it sells out? Do you have an example of this? Any proof?

Around the time of Civil War, Marvel started generating additional sales by cutting back on the number of books printed over the initial orders. That meant that in some cases, a second print was needed to fill reorders. Since they were putting new covers on the reprints, many collectors grabbed those as well, which served to sell more total copies of the book, while minimizing the risk of unsold copies. It's been speculated that some Valiant books were handled this way (maybe some other small publishers as well, as they tend to rely on the sales of variants to sustain the business moreso than the big 2).

Again..if you knrw your facts correctly snd checked the numbers. there are no 1 million sold books since Spawn 1 and spider-man 1 torment befor that..oh and jim lee xmen 1.,, sll grossly overprinted snd never sold out..not once.

You're missing the point. Or rather, proving mine, if you're saying that those books sold a boatload of copies and didn't sell out. Even though you're wrong in the case of Spider-man, which did have a second printing.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davegonzales/2015/01/13/star-wars-1-is-already-2015s-top-selling-comic/

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321912880077&alt=web

So cgc is calling that book her "1st app" maybe her previous cover app will settle down and the book on link hold value?

Who was that dressed as her on the cover of Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars titled Gwenpool ? (shrug)

:roflmao:

So cgc is calling that book her "1st app" maybe her previous cover app will settle down and the book on link hold value?

Who was that dressed as her on the cover of Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars titled Gwenpool ? (shrug)

I think it will say something like Captain Marvel #17 2nd print where it says first appearance on cover and predates Howard the Duck #1 appearance. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

Maybe is top secret secret?

Cgc seems to be shady at times...

I think it will say something like Captain Marvel #17 2nd print where it says first appearance on cover and predates Howard the Duck #1 appearance. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

I agree with you but I think the examples are slightly different. Captain Marvel #17 was a 2nd print and a 2nd appearance. This book had her on the cover, its her 1st appearance, and was titled Gwenpool. 2c

Maybe is top secret secret?

Cgc seems to be shady at times...

lol

Gwenpool's clone ? Oh no.... :eek:

I'm going to say..umm...Gwen-pool is not Spider-gwen. It may be gwen but so? She been around forever. If its a question of 1st "spider-gwen" it would be just that. not gwen-pool who is a parody character for a odd ball character..but it is not "spider- gwen.

Lmaooo..but you still took the time to read as well as comment. so "nothing going on" is "enough going on" for you to have graced us with your presents . Thank you for noticing..we all feel so special and validated now. what would this forum do without you :)