• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Incredible Hulk #449 9.8 with 33 watchers. Maybe not much right now but keep your head down as the snipers will be everywhere.

crazy time of year to run an auction. I checked yesterday and only 10% of Silver-Age books were listed as Auction which is crazy since a lot of the auctions have a starting price at FMV.

It is well known on the Lyria forums that October to January is the best time to buy comics and the worst time to sell them. Right after tax returns is when the market sees a nice uptick on sells and picks up pace until July/August when it peaks.

Year after year. (thumbs u

Incredible Hulk #449 9.8 with 33 watchers. Maybe not much right now but keep your head down as the snipers will be everywhere.

crazy time of year to run an auction. I checked yesterday and only 10% of Silver-Age books were listed as Auction which is crazy since a lot of the auctions have a starting price at FMV.

It is well known on the Lyria forums that October to January is the best time to buy comics and the worst time to sell them. Right after tax returns is when the market sees a nice uptick on sells and picks up pace until July/August when it peaks.

July and August?? Where is this info?

Lyria is his website that has all the information. Based on who he is I wouldn't argue with him (thumbs u

Lyria is his website that has all the information. Based on who he is I wouldn't argue with him (thumbs u

He likes to argue :sumo: its who he is.

He likes to argue :sumo: its who he is.

True.

Also there has to be more to it. No way are auctions a wise idea in July/August.

... And then PM me for pressing :whistle:

Don't think you could press that and improve it much.

Bingo, those books aren't pressable, stock is the cardboard type, and you can't get enough pressure on the corners to get anything out. Good price though

If they are the regular thicker variants they will press just fine. Color breaks a diferent issue, but I was under the impression that this cover is mainly white so...

Bingo, those books aren't pressable, stock is the cardboard type, and you can't get enough pressure on the corners to get anything out. Good price though

CHallenge

Accepted

I ordered a couple, so I will post pics of before/after when they arrive which should be soon now

I would have paid $15 each for those books.The copies that were not worth the effort, I'd just put back on eBay at a $19.99 BIN.

aaaaaaaand.. theyre all gone now

No comics are heating up. Is xmas season and people are excited for the star wars movie, I'm in "screw comics" mode myself. This thread will pick back up in about 2-3 weeks starting with Howard th duck 3 and silk 3 1:25 variants.

Y'all welcome.

Edited by Santos208

No comics are heating up. Is xmas season and people are excited for the star wars movie, I'm in "screw comics" mode myself. This thread will pick back up in about 2-3 weeks starting with Howard th duck 3 and silk 3 1:25 variants.

Y'all welcome.

Wonder if things will heat up tomorrow after Star Wars, who knows maybe Jaxxon or Kanan will appear in the movie?