• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

Wow, a slow month with moderns, shortly after Alias and MOS17&18 blew up, and now were selling bridges..

If its slow, its just slow

we dont need to FORCEFULLY look for moderns heating up if they dont exist.

When a modern SERIOUSLY HEATS UP, trust me, it will be discussed here..

.. And then everyone will have beef with us for over analyzing it lol

That covers it. Heat in December is tough to come buy. Most people are probably busy buying for others right now.

There are plenty of "others" who like to get comics as a gift . . . :baiting:

Yep, and I've sent some of those and will receive some as well. lol

ASM 529 seems to be picking up with the Iron Spider movie rumors.

Consistently selling for around 20-ish.

I just found a copy in my stacks yesterday and was debating sending it in to get graded - looks like it went from the maybe to the yes pile. Always loved that cover.

IDK where you get your intel from, but they already showed all costume concept art for costume priduction, and no Iron Spider is planned.

Sweatshirt costume with Stirrups, and Classic Spidey Suit.

IDK where you get your intel from, but they already showed all costume concept art for costume priduction, and no Iron Spider is planned.

Probably the interview with the director where he was asked about the Iron Spider Costume to which he replied, "an array of costumes will appear in the film for spider-man" - not giving a yes or a no.

This new BTW is like two weeks old.

Did I mention any 'InteI'? I used the word 'rumor' for a reason. That's sometimes all it takes to drive prices up.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/does-having-spider-man-wear-the-iron-spider-suit-i/1100-154442/

Incredible Hulk #449 9.8 with 33 watchers. Maybe not much right now but keep your head down as the snipers will be everywhere.

crazy time of year to run an auction. I checked yesterday and only 10% of Silver-Age books were listed as Auction which is crazy since a lot of the auctions have a starting price at FMV.

... And then PM me for pressing :whistle:

Don't think you could press that and improve it much.

Bingo, those books aren't pressable, stock is the cardboard type, and you can't get enough pressure on the corners to get anything out. Good price though

Bingo, those books aren't pressable, stock is the cardboard type, and you can't get enough pressure on the corners to get anything out. Good price though

CHallenge

Accepted

There is more to pressing than just applying pressure ;)

The card stock used on the new DK is not as thick as the card stock used on the 1980's DK books.

And the paper memory would not be nearly as persistent with these sorts of 1 month or so old bends, as it would be, with the same degree of bends on a 1980's DK book that had been bent in a long box of books, with 50 pounds of pressure exerted on the book for 20+ years.

Slapping any of those books into a press would do virtually nothing, you are right about that.One 1 or 2 of those books, with very light bending...the *light* bends could be pressed out with *just* a hack job heat press with no humidification.But even then, they would likely revert back to their pre-pressed state, even before being graded/fast tracked.

It would take multiple rounds of humidification + pressing to press those bends out.Some of the books pictured are worse than the others, but they would all require a minimum of 2 humidification + press jobs to press out.I am not saying it would be worth the work involved on all of those books, some of those books would have to have some severe color breaks.

I would have paid $15 each for those books.The copies that were not worth the effort, I'd just put back on eBay at a $19.99 BIN.