• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Big sign on my LCS reporting they havent received Spider Gwen #4, ASM 1.2 & Darth vader #15

Allocations? or did something happen to these books?

The printer accidentally released them a week early and Marvel decided to allocate this week and fill to order next week. (thumbs u

My LCS had the best thing ever with this mess up. I got the Vader 15 issue yesterday (he received two copies). He also received just the Deadpool variant of Spider Gwen #4, and not the regular issue. So he had one copy of the book in the store. I now own it. :D

Edited by drotto

Too early to speculate on Onslaught?

This guy didnt think so

I've grabbing copies whenever I can find them, but never ever paying that much. Maybe he or she knows something we don't know.

Really not even the right book to speculate on ? #53 would be the KEY.

According to CGC, but the X-Man issue came out a month earlier and is listed on his wikia.

My LCS is in my garage . . . :grin:

...and bedroom in your parents basement.

:jokealert:

This guy didnt think so

I've grabbing copies whenever I can find them, but never ever paying that much. Maybe he or she knows something we don't know.

Why not pick up both? I been plucking both of these books in bargain bins for years whenever I see them. I have a strong feeling this will end up the same as Man of Steel 17/18 where X-Man #15 may get a stronger price boost simply because the print run is far lower than X-Men #53.

This guy didnt think so

Why not pick up both? I been plucking both of these books in bargain bins for years whenever I see them. I have a strong feeling this will end up the same as Man of Steel 17/18 where X-Man #15 may get a stronger price boost simply because the print run is far lower than X-Men #53.

Booth are good. but x-man #15 is just a shadow cameo.

This guy didnt think so

It's the same with MOS#17 where you only see Doomsday's fists, yet it commands a much higher price than MOS#18.

This guy didnt think so

According to CGC, but the X-Man issue came out a month earlier and is listed on his wikia.

My LCS is in my garage . . . :grin:

...and bedroom in your parents basement.

:jokealert:

We ALL live in my parents' "basement" - god bless 'em. :)

This guy didnt think so

It's the same with MOS#17 where you only see Doomsday's fists, yet it commands a much higher price than MOS#18.

Yes but Web 18 does not. hm

This guy didnt think so

Can we all just agree that people want what they want?

This guy didnt think so

Can we all just agree that people want what they want?

I just sometimes don't get why some appreciate and some don't for almost the same type of cameo style appearances.

This guy didnt think so

Web 18 is just one of those books I refuse to accept as a key issue. The book was released like a year and a half before Venom first appeared in the ASM title. That hand is just way too generic and who knows if Venom was actually even conceptualized at the time of Web 18's release. This is one of those books where I'll actually roll my eyes if someone tells me it's Venom's first appearance or cameo. At least in MOS#17, you can actually tell those are Doomsday's fists.

In any case, the whole concept on how the market considers which book to get for a character's first appearance is inconsistent. Since both X-Man #15 and X-Men #53 can still be found in the bargain bins, I'll say pick up both to be on the safe side. Again, it's just my hunch that this may follow MOS #17/18 route.

This guy didnt think so

Web 18 is just one of those books I refuse to accept as a key issue. The book was released like a year and a half before Venom first appeared in the ASM title. That hand is just way too generic and who knows if Venom was actually even conceptualized at the time of Web 18's release. This is one of those books where I'll actually roll my eyes if someone tells me it's Venom's first appearance or cameo. At least in MOS#17, you can actually tell those are Doomsday's fists.

Michelinie and his editor(s)?

Venom may not have been fully designed then, but the important thing is that Venom is just the symbiote bonded to somebody else after being rejected by Spidey.

What next, are you going to say that Roger Stern didn't/doesn't know the true identity of the Hobgoblin?

In any case, the whole concept on how the market considers which book to get for a character's first appearance is inconsistent. Since both X-Man #15 and X-Men #53 can still be found in the bargain bins, I'll say pick up both to be on the safe side. Again, it's just my hunch that this may follow MOS #17/18 route.

Lack of solid, specific information

plus extreme lack of willingness by most people to do any research

combined with other factors that affect demand

and differences in supply

equals major inconsistencies in how the market treats seemingly similar books.

Michelinie and his editor(s)?

Venom may not have been fully designed then, but the important thing is that Venom is just the symbiote bonded to somebody else after being rejected by Spidey.

What next, are you going to say that Roger Stern didn't/doesn't know the true identity of the Hobgoblin?

My point is there needs to be a fine line drawn on what's considered as a cameo / first appearance. I know what you're saying but Web 18 is only a "placeholder" for a villain to be announced soon. I just can't consider that book as a first appearance when the character has not been designed or named yet. It's like somebody saying oh remember this issue ## that came out in 1964 on page so and so where you only see part of somebody's pinky toe.....oh that's Carol Danvers.....*rolls eyes*