• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Buyer beware on green lantern 20.

Supposed to be a 1st appearance or so i am told...care to enlighten a non lantern fan on what going on with this one?

It is the first appearance of Jessica Cruz, technically. Shown below is her hand. That is the entirety of her appearance in GL 20.

gl20.jpg

Her next appearance is in Justice League #30. This is the entirety of that appearance, save for some dialogue on a previous page in which she isn't shown:

jl30.jpg

This is her next appearance in Justice League #31, including her first cover appearance, her origin, her transformation and her reveal:

jl31a.jpg

jl31b.jpg

jl31c.jpg

jl31d.jpg

So before people start blindly chasing GL 20, use the info above to make your own decision.

Your response is much appreciated, i can now make a educated decision and say for spec on this chreacters gl 20 is definitely not the book to grab for me. so i agree buyer beware thank you

haha it only took 20 years

20+ years and 1 movie.......

Something Tim Burton couldn't even do.

Sups 75 black bagged raw is selling for about $10-$20, shipped.

pretty much the same price as it has been selling at for ...I dunno, the past few years.

The only reason a "lot" of copies have sold recently is because Doomsday is in DOJ.

After the movie buzz wears off, it will simply slow down and continue to sell at $10-$20....but if you're sitting on a lot of copies, now would be the time to sell them, enmasse.

haha it only took 20 years

20+ years and 1 movie.......

Something Tim Burton couldn't even do.

Sups 75 black bagged raw is selling for about $10-$20, shipped.

pretty much the same price as it has been selling at for ...I dunno, the past few years.

The only reason a "lot" of copies have sold recently is because Doomsday is in DOJ.

After the movie buzz wears off, it will simply slow down and continue to sell at $10-$20....but if you're sitting on a lot of copies, now would be the time to sell them, enmasse.

That's not the reason people are now buying the book ......

Supposed to be a 1st appearance or so i am told...care to enlighten a non lantern fan on what going on with this one?

It is the first appearance of Jessica Cruz, technically. Shown below is her hand. That is the entirety of her appearance in GL 20.

gl20.jpg

Her next appearance is in Justice League #30. This is the entirety of that appearance, save for some dialogue on a previous page in which she isn't shown:

jl30.jpg

This is her next appearance in Justice League #31, including her first cover appearance, her origin, her transformation and her reveal:

jl31a.jpg

jl31b.jpg

jl31c.jpg

jl31d.jpg

So before people start blindly chasing GL 20, use the info above to make your own decision.

:golfclap:

People have been buting the wrong book. JL 31 is my favorite one since shes on cover.

gl20.jpg

jl30.jpg

jl31a.jpg

jl31b.jpg

jl31c.jpg

jl31d.jpg

So before people start blindly chasing GL 20, use the info above to make your own decision. [/quote?]

So CGC gets it right. Anything that needs to change?

Green Lantern 20 - 1st App. of Jessica Cruz (cameo)

Justice League 30 - 1st Full App. of Jessica Cruz

Justice League 31 - Origin & 1st App.of Jessica Cruz as Green Lantern.

Thanks Darkstar. Great work.

Based on the images presented, I'd say that there's some misunderstanding of the meaning of "full"; she's fully depicted in 30, but it's still a cameo appearance.

they need to specify 1st Partial Cameo and 1st Full Cameo

Or at least make a distinction between "depiction" (i.e. how much we see of a character), and "appearance" (i.e. how integral a character is to the story, which is generally what the average comic collector means by the term).

Well, I just got a "Gwenom" at one of my LCS'. I'll toss it on ebay and see what happens. I sold 2 last week as a pair for $50 BIN; I was a bit late to the game and was happy to get the fitty!

Are you guys all feeling OK with your Batman 21 purchases now?

Psssst:

( That Robin isn't Duke )

AigcLHH.png

Snyder never said Duke would be Robin........

AND that's the wrong comic book.

EXACTLY.

All the Ebay auctions this week certainly did though....

( and thanks for clarifying which title it is )

Snicker...

gl20.jpg

jl30.jpg

jl31a.jpg

jl31b.jpg

jl31c.jpg

jl31d.jpg

So before people start blindly chasing GL 20, use the info above to make your own decision. [/quote?]

:bump:

Because this image isn't on this page yet.

Funny, NOBODY saw Baz coming this week...

Funny.

Except those of us that read Green Lantern 20, which tells you exactly what is going to happen regarding the green lanterns.

Just because someone doesn't mention these things doesn't mean they don't know what is going on.

EXACTLY.

All the Ebay auctions this week certainly did though....

( and thanks for clarifying which title it is )

Snicker...

Hey, how does the Darkseid War lead to Rebirth, again...?.......?

Edited by Candletric

gl20.jpg

jl30.jpg

jl31a.jpg

jl31b.jpg

jl31c.jpg

jl31d.jpg

Actually, there may be more to GL 20 than Darkstar said earlier.Dunno what that would be exactly, as I have not read any of these 3 books.

But before anyone asks CGC for label notations on these 3 books, they should read all 3 books....Here's the post by Darkstar I'm referring to:

Funny, NOBODY saw Baz coming this week...

Funny.

Except those of us that read Green Lantern 20, which tells you exactly what is going to happen regarding the green lanterns.

Just because someone doesn't mention these things doesn't mean they don't know what is going on.