• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I like you UltraMaximus, you're not like the other people here in the trailer park.

Dead Milkmen! :headbang:

Sometimes it's lemmings being lead to a cliff, sometimes it is a legit key issue that deserves attention.

And is this book the former or the latter?

It is a legit Key that was awakened by a good spec. Cannot deny that.

This entire forum runs on speculation and graded books being brokered by people whom are talented at manipulating the market.

No, it doesn't. And its odd that someone who would create a transformers appreciation thread, which you seem to actually have a genuine interest in, would have such a narrow view of this forum.

I call it like I see it, I do wonder though? How is my appreciation for the Comic Book that got me to get back into collecting and reading after being away from this hobby for nearly 20 years, equate to me being narrow minded in reference to my view of people who use this and other comic related sites, to hype and pipe a book for profit? If you look at every thread I have posted in, I always reference READING the books.

I see a Collectors Society, with more flippers/speculators than Collectors.

So let me ask a general question while we are on this topic, how would one go about telling others that there may be a book that you should consider buying now because there is relevance to a future story or character? It seems if you do that and then it actually goes up in value you are consider on this board a "pumper and dumper"?

Edited by ygogolak

Simple. Use LOGIC for warranting the popularity of said book with reasonable speculation information to support it. And Ignore RMA if he hounds you when estimating print run on variants.

lol

In regards to the book you posted, logic was used I feel and people termed it "pump and dump". (shrug)

Simple. Use LOGIC for warranting the popularity of said book with reasonable speculation information to support it. And Ignore RMA if he hounds you when estimating print run on variants.

lol

In regards to the book you posted, logic was used I feel and people termed it "pump and dump". (shrug)

Seems to me like those people are salty about not picking it up/thinking of it first, before it got hot.

It happens to us all at some point.

lol

Seems to me like those people are salty about not picking it up/thinking of it first, before it got hot.

Why do you assume people "are salty about not picking it up"?

A large number of collectors here only observe threads such as this out the love for the hobby and enjoy watching all that is involved. Yes, a large number of board members are collectors who do not have any interest in flipping, some members have also never sold a single book.

You stated that you have been away from the hobby for nearly twenty years but continue to make assumptions about other board members and have no issue ignoring the experience of others when it comes to print runs. It's truly baffling.

someone just accepted my counteroffer on 2 JL 40 Newssies on the bay. they've been up about a week and a half. So this maybe on the move....or you guys have forced the spec here. Either way, I do not care. I'm happy to cash out too early rather than too late.

someone just accepted my counteroffer on 2 JL 40 Newssies on the bay. they've been up about a week and a half. So this maybe on the move....or you guys have forced the spec here. Either way, I do not care. I'm happy to cash out too early rather than too late.

Both. lol The Darkseid war One Shot really helped Grail's 1st, and if you read it, Jessica Cruz's trifecta 1st appearances too. They are moving now on the hype, but will they maintain?

lol

I have a right to draw conclusions using context clues. lol

X-23 is a Hot item right now, assume every one of her key books will be affected by more exposure to her. Someone else connected the dots, and resulted in the rise of a few of her key's.

A large number of collectors here only observe threads such as this out the love for the hobby and enjoy watching all that is involved in the hobby. Yes, a large number of board members are collectors who do not have any interest in flipping, some members have also never sold a single book.

If they lurk without posting or discussing, then they aren't excluded from buying into the hype.

I also highly doubt they never sold a single book, nor ever offered a trade/did a trade for a book(s) they wanted to have and used one they didn't care for so much to offer. It's in the nature of this hobby to buy, sell and trade your way to a complete run/collection.

You stated that you have been away from the hobby for nearly twenty years but continue to make assumptions about other board members and have no issue ignoring the experience of others when it comes to print runs. It's truly baffling.

Not at all, and I know a shill when I see one. Lots of people here do it. Even though I understand RMA's valid argument on the variant print runs, I loathe the way he tries to impose his knowledge upon others in a extremely condescending manner. We get it, he is mostly right, I just got sick of seeing him use the same long winded responses to berate people to see his way, and baits them into a 5 page debate about a good rough estimate when in the grand scope of things in the variant market.

Sue me for ignoring a guy who acts like a .

Both. lol The Darkseid war One Shot really helped Grail's 1st, and if you read it, Jessica Cruz's trifecta 1st appearances too. They are moving now on the hype, but will they maintain?

lol

I have a right to draw conclusions using context clues. lol

X-23 is a Hot item right now, assume every one of her key books will be affected by more exposure to her. Someone else connected the dots, and resulted in the rise of a few of her key's.

A large number of collectors here only observe threads such as this out the love for the hobby and enjoy watching all that is involved in the hobby. Yes, a large number of board members are collectors who do not have any interest in flipping, some members have also never sold a single book.

If they lurk without posting or discussing, then they aren't excluded from buying into the hype.

I also highly doubt they never sold a single book, nor ever offered a trade/did a trade for a book(s) they wanted to have and used one they didn't care for so much to offer. It's in the nature of this hobby to buy, sell and trade your way to a complete run/collection.

Not at all, and I know a shill when I see one. Lots of people here do it. Even though I understand RMA's valid argument on the variant print runs, I loathe the way he tries to impose his knowledge upon others in a extremely condescending manner. We get it, he is mostly right, I just got sick of seeing him use the same long winded responses to berate people to see his way, and baits them into a 5 page debate about a good rough estimate when in the grand scope of things in the variant market.

Sue me for ignoring a guy who acts like a .

the way he tries to impose his knowledge upon others in a extremely condescending manner.

It's part of his "charm"

An acquired taste.

I dont "force" anything. I just report sales as I see them, hopefully this helps others with their small fortunes/collecting habits (shrug)

Sometimes it's lemmings being lead to a cliff, sometimes it is a legit key issue that deserves attention.

This entire forum runs on speculation and graded books being brokered by people whom are talented at manipulating the market.

No, it doesn't. And its odd that someone who would create a transformers appreciation thread, which you seem to actually have a genuine interest in, would have such a narrow view of this forum.

I call it like I see it, I do wonder though? How is my appreciation for the Comic Book that got me to get back into collecting and reading after being away from this hobby for nearly 20 years, equate to me being narrow minded in reference to my view of people who use this and other comic related sites, to hype and pipe a book for profit? If you look at every thread I have posted in, I always reference READING the books.

Yes, this board has been infested by speculators just like every other part of the hobby, but that doesn't mean this place runs on speculation. Some posters sure do and it's pretty easy to tell who they are, even without looking at the date they joined (which is almost certainly within the past few years).

Yes, this board has been infested by speculators just like every other part of the hobby, but that doesn't mean this place runs on speculation. Some posters sure do and it's pretty easy to tell who they are, even without looking at the date they joined (which is almost certainly within the past few years).

Isn't a legit key somewhat vague? What if your favorite character is what the majority of collectors would see as a C or D list character yet you love him / her and want to get the 1st app or origin etc....

Ok, so let's exclude the word entire from that, and it would still be as true as RMA's view on variant print runs. Mostly Right.

and enough about my opinions. If you want to discuss them, PM me.

Back to Moderns on eBay please.

--------

Most of us are just reacting to what the market is saying. But yes, it's nice to make a profit. More money for comics, our kids, paying the water bill, being able to afford lunch, whatever.

Most of your statement can be denied or at least challenged. Specifically the use of the words "legit" and "key" and the claim that it is "good spec".

Are you positive this book is the actual first appearance? Is it a substantial appearance or in that gray area of being a last page one panel teaser for next month's issue? These are the sort of questions one should be asking themselves before we can reach the conclusion that it is good spec.

You are narrow minded because while you yourself seem to be an actual collector and appreciator of comics you said this entire forum runs on speculation and manipulation, which isn't true. You are equating this place, the COLLECTOR'S society, to a blog that features the words invest and comic book in the title.

That was me. :acclaim:

I'm a sucker in general for recent newsstands because I think they're going to be impossible in the future. I'd probably buy 300 random common 2010-2016 newsstand issues in a heartbeat if they were $1 each.

If there's even a chance that a recent book is going to be a key AND it is also a 2015 newsstand, then I'm willing to drop $40 (in Ebay bucks) on a couple of copies and just throw them in the bottomless longbox (a.k.a. time capsule). I should have done that with BA12 fifteen years ago, but I didn't.

Since they were Ebay bucks, you got $40, and I basically got them for free. :grin: