• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

Seems to me like those people are salty about not picking it up/thinking of it first, before it got hot.

It happens to us all at some point.

Its 2016 and we are still claiming that any dissenting opinion regarding a book is the result of missing the boat. Fascinating.

Do you honestly think New X-Men 31 is rare and tough to find?

Not at all, and I know a shill when I see one. Lots of people here do it.

You know one of your favorite sources of information is a card collector who got into comics because of DC's 3D cover marketing gimmick, right?

There is a difference between noticing an existing market trend and creating a market trend by selling the internet on a book through blog posts that may or may not use accurate information as a reason to "invest" in a book.

But yes, continue to hate on RMA because he doesn't use enough tact when pointing out the spread of misinformation that routinely gets posted on this forum. As long as we can get that hot book on eBay and sell it to the next fool in line who cares.

You know one of your favorite sources of information is a card collector who got into comics because of DC's 3D cover marketing gimmick, right?

There is a difference between noticing an existing market trend and creating a market trend by selling the internet on a book through blog posts that may or may not use accurate information as a reason to "invest" in a book.

But yes, continue to hate on RMA because he doesn't use enough tact when pointing out the spread of misinformation that routinely gets posted on this forum. As long as we can get that hot book on eBay and sell it to the next fool in line who cares.

:cloud9:

someone just accepted my counteroffer on 2 JL 40 Newssies on the bay. they've been up about a week and a half. So this maybe on the move....or you guys have forced the spec here. Either way, I do not care. I'm happy to cash out too early rather than too late.

Both. lol The Darkseid war One Shot really helped Grail's 1st, and if you read it, Jessica Cruz's trifecta 1st appearances too. They are moving now on the hype, but will they maintain?

Simple. Use LOGIC for warranting the popularity of said book with reasonable speculation information to support it. And Ignore RMA if he hounds you when estimating print run on variants.

lol

In regards to the book you posted, logic was used I feel and people termed it "pump and dump". (shrug)

Seems to me like those people are salty about not picking it up/thinking of it first, before it got hot.

It happens to us all at some point.

Why do you assume people "are salty about not picking it up"?

I have a right to draw conclusions using context clues. lol

X-23 is a Hot item right now, assume every one of her key books will be affected by more exposure to her. Someone else connected the dots, and resulted in the rise of a few of her key's.

A large number of collectors here only observe threads such as this out the love for the hobby and enjoy watching all that is involved in the hobby. Yes, a large number of board members are collectors who do not have any interest in flipping, some members have also never sold a single book.

If they lurk without posting or discussing, then they aren't excluded from buying into the hype.

I also highly doubt they never sold a single book, nor ever offered a trade/did a trade for a book(s) they wanted to have and used one they didn't care for so much to offer. It's in the nature of this hobby to buy, sell and trade your way to a complete run/collection.

You stated that you have been away from the hobby for nearly twenty years but continue to make assumptions about other board members and have no issue ignoring the experience of others when it comes to print runs. It's truly baffling.

Not at all, and I know a shill when I see one. Lots of people here do it. Even though I understand RMA's valid argument on the variant print runs, I loathe the way he tries to impose his knowledge upon others in a extremely condescending manner. We get it, he is mostly right, I just got sick of seeing him use the same long winded responses to berate people to see his way, and baits them into a 5 page debate about a good rough estimate when in the grand scope of things in the variant market.

Sue me for ignoring a guy who acts like a .

(thumbs u

Darkstar, please use multi-quote and pm me if you want to discuss the conversation further. Stop spamming the thread, unless you want to dispute validity with everone who notices a book selling well in eBay that posts here.

New X-Men #31. first appearance of Kimura, was a $10 book, now cooking.

Credit to CBSI on that one (shrug)

Why is anyone deserving of credit other than the creators? (shrug)

Sorry I'll fix it...

Credit to CBSI for recognizing that this book might see increased interest on the back issue market based on the contents. This is a forum about comics that get hot and sell at auction no? (shrug)

I'm sure the creators got plenty of Kudos from fans and coworkers when the book came out.

Got any examples of this from CBSI?

And whoever mentioned the date of joining here as an indicator of someone who is trying to inflate the market, pump and dump or whatever i take personal offense to that. Maybe people join when they discover the forum and it just happens to coincide within a particular time frame.

The Boys seems to be hot today but I have to say that that series let me down. Terrible finale. For me a story's end is pretty important and showrunners are going to have to rewrite that mess. If they do that then it's ain't really true to the comic and thus becomes something the writer didn't intend. To that I say sell em and quick.

Edited by MrWeen

You know what really makes this thread suck :preach: It's when people have butthurt and feuds from other websites and use this as the forum to air their grievances. The petty bickering over who should be credited with (re)discovering a book, who is a pumper and dumper, who used to be a baseball card dealer, and who gave whose mom crabs is ridiculous. This thread was fun when everyone identified as CGC board members not members from other sites that come over here just to in someone's Cheerios. This place has become a hotbed of insecurity and fragile egos.

Darkstar, please use multi-quote and pm me if you want to discuss the conversation further. Stop spamming the thread, unless you want to dispute validity with everone who notices a book selling well in eBay that posts here.

I'm not spamming the thread. We are discussing moderns that are heating up on eBay. You chose to post that info here in this thread and as a result it will be discussed publicly. If you didn't get that info from somewhere else and volunteer to repost it here, then we wouldn't be discussing it here. Do not introduce information into this thread where money is involved and then get upset when someone asks you to defend your position.

New X-Men #31. first appearance of Kimura, was a $10 book, now cooking.

Credit to CBSI on that one (shrug)

Why is anyone deserving of credit other than the creators? (shrug)

Sorry I'll fix it...

Credit to CBSI for recognizing that this book might see increased interest on the back issue market based on the contents. This is a forum about comics that get hot and sell at auction no? (shrug)

I'm sure the creators got plenty of Kudos from fans and coworkers when the book came out.

I personally didn't feel your post needed to be fixed. It just strikes me as odd to see speculators take or give credit in regards to a certain book or character. To me any work deserving of credit was done by the creators, not some speculator who stated some early or first appearance may heat up soon. That's like shooting fish in a barrel nowadays.

I don't visit any spec sites so I can't comment on who said what and have zero favoritisms in regards to any spec sites or groups. As Awe has pointed out the said credit may be fitting for a thread such as this though. Just seams weird to me is all.

You know what really makes this thread suck :preach: It's when people have butthurt and feuds from other websites and use this as the forum to air their grievances. The petty bickering over who should be credited with (re)discovering a book, who is a pumper and dumper, who used to be a baseball card dealer, and who gave whose mom crabs is ridiculous. This thread was fun when everyone identified as CGC board members not members from other sites that come over here just to in someone's Cheerios. This place has become a hotbed of insecurity and fragile egos.

No, what really makes this thread suck is when people post information and then they get upset when someone A) disagrees with what they have written or B) challenges the validity of the information provided. It also sucks when this is viewed as petty bickering and butthurt instead of a simple interest in getting it right. Perhaps when you get a bad tip and take it in the shorts you'll feel differently.