• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

your lot are all signed and would be Green label, the sale is blue label and doesnt seem to have sig.

cool book though, Ihave never seen that one before, but then I dont "do" spider-man :), so probably not surprising I hadnt seen it before.

Edited by CBT

The series is brilliant from start to finish.

The variant of issue 2 which no one talks about his a nightmare to find.

Funny how no one discusses that one.

I have sold several sets over the years.

What variant for issue 2?!? I know of the JoNes variant for 1 and the 2nd print for 1 but I don't recall there being a variant for number 2.

My fault I was talking about the Jones variant and it was for issue 1. Typo :eek:

Gotham City Sirens #1 is off to the races

Any particular reason? Saw it slowly creeping back up...

Some overlooked covers in that series.

They confirmed the movie today.

However, I fully recommend the book regardless, because it's really enjoyable.

Paul Dini writing makes for a really fun read, and I really like March's art.

Totally agree on Paul Dini's writing, he is super underrated!

With that being said, is non-variant #1 a sell or hold right now?

The answer is almost always sell.

Agreed - I'm seeing upwards movement on all issues in title. :grin::cloud9:

Personally I would not be selling now. If you're going to sell wait until the hype train really gets rolling after trailers start being shown. Yes you could make gains but I think you could probably do better later. Just my thoughts.

Which, of course, is why the books are starting to sell at better prices right now. :grin:

Oh well, I sold all my Gotham City Sirens when HQ was uber hot last year (or was it earlier this year?). A bunch of 3 for $2 purchases that fetched me $7-$10 each in lots (no #1), so I was cool with that.

Edited by the blob

Personally I would not be selling now. If you're going to sell wait until the hype train really gets rolling after trailers start being shown. Yes you could make gains but I think you could probably do better later. Just my thoughts.

Which, of course, is why the books are starting to sell at better prices right now. :grin:

The better prices are a function of the movie announcement. However I think better gains can be had later. All it should take is a few pics of gorgeous ladies in costume.

Except you can sell the books now and reinvest the money several times over before anything substantial comes along to spike the relevant books again. By doing this you will dwarf whatever profits you make sitting on the books.

If the Gotham City Sirens movie is good (which is a big if) the comics will EASILY sell for twice what they are now. I think the prices will taper and then go big again as the movie approaches with trailers.

I sold my run for about $100 and my #1 9.8 for $125 years ago. Collectors w/a HQ focus, like myself, bought and read this title. Decent read, but nothing I felt like holding onto.

Really wish they would just make a Harley Quinn movie and not muck around with her in teams.

I think the #1 variant selling for what it is is loco.

If the Gotham City Sirens movie is good (which is a big if) the comics will EASILY sell for twice what they are now. I think the prices will taper and then go big again as the movie approaches with trailers.

I sold my run for about $100 and my #1 9.8 for $125 years ago. Collectors w/a HQ focus, like myself, bought and read this title. Decent read, but nothing I felt like holding onto.

Really wish they would just make a Harley Quinn movie and not muck around with her in teams.

You won't know if the movie is good until it's out. And by then it's waaaayyy to late to sell.

You won't know if the movie is good until it's out. And by then it's waaaayyy to late to sell.

Someone should make a wave chart, "the best and worst times to sell"

Someone should make a wave chart, "the best and worst times to sell"

Sell on news, buy in between. If you holding with a month left until release, you better be ready to lower your asking price.

I agree. This is a sell book for me all day. Think about it.

1st appearances? Nope

Existing Title? Nope

Room to Grow? Debatable

Batman show up? Nope

Writer/Artist - Excellent

I love the title and read it when it came out., but its just not there for me now. Ive sold several sets of the last few years for big profit. Now I could kick myself because I could have bought 8 copies for $30 last week, but it is what it is. You win and you lose.

The only book I would hold is the Jones Variant because honestly its the book that the rare variant guys will chase. For the life of me I cant see why it hasn't been discussed in the last couple of years. Ive never seen this variant in person anywhere except on ebay. It has room to grow. Why? Because currently stupid money is being spent on them.

Some site will pick up on it soon if they haven't already.

who would have thought this series would have a second pop...i could see them remaining desirable, like Deadpool first regular series and various Walking Dead issues, i didn't see them selling for 2X what they were selling for at their last peak (not talking about #1, I had the other issues...#5 is hitting some big BINs)