• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Moved my Catwoman #51 raw NM/NM+ on Ebay today for $85 shipped. No complaints, and honestly I believe the cover is not very good for Hughes. There are a few Catwoman covers I prefer.

This book is proof that covers matter to a good portion of collectors. There have been 91 copies sold since 9/19/16 and there are 14 more for sale. ALL of them bring nice sized bids or high BIN. Congrats on your sale. (thumbs u

So a few new discussion books.

Deadpool 27 Wedding Issue seems stable at $15-20 currently raw. Variants arent pullnig much more then normal issue which is suprising. About 1.5 to 2x value.

Daredevil 183 - Not rising but consistent seller at $15-20

Swamp Thing 50 - Wish I would have kept my 10 copies I had. Book is selling raw for $50-80 in high grade, but has alot of swings. Not a book to put at auction.

Flash 197 - Another consistent seller high grade raw pulls $50-80+ depending on grade. $40-70 is common. Not sure if it will rise more.

Gotham City Sirens 20-26 - Watch these books continue to rise.

Catwoman 51 - how long before raw starts pulling $100 in high grade?

Power Girl 4 Variant - Consistent $20-30 book.

Hulk 7 Variant - Whats not to love here. Book continues to climb every auction, but BIN sellers are too greedy or they would all be gone.

Planet of Symbiotes Set - $45-70 for sets.

Good list. I'm always surprised by the price difference in Flash #197 and Flash Secret Files and Origins #3 which is his 1st appearance and usually goes for around $25 or so. Do you think #197 is bigger because Zoom is on the cover ?

You could try to contribute instead

Just a thought

Point is, many don't want to contribute (like me) because of attacks. This would be a better thread if people could post (whether they are right or wrong about something) without getting jumped on and belittled.

Some time back, I removed subscription to this thread because more times than not, the emails are just people arguing and chest pumping.

Im not the argumentative type. I don't use this board to argue or make someone think their opinion is wrong based on my own opinion. I use it for information about a hobby I really enjoy.

I don't look for books that are heating up to turn a quick profit and even if there are people doing that, I don't mind. Its not my call to tell them they are right or wrong. I just want to find books to possibly add value to my PC.

I dont want this post to start an argument either. Its just a plea from someone like most of you who enjoy this hobby and want to share with a community of others who feel the same.

Moved my Catwoman #51 raw NM/NM+ on Ebay today for $85 shipped. No complaints, and honestly I believe the cover is not very good for Hughes. There are a few Catwoman covers I prefer.

This book is proof that covers matter to a good portion of collectors. There have been 91 copies sold since 9/19/16 and there are 14 more for sale. ALL of them bring nice sized bids or high BIN. Congrats on your sale. (thumbs u

Zatanna #16 is my favorite AH cover thus far but damn is it pricey. Not quite prepared to spend that much for a cover. :P

Deadpool 27 Wedding Issue seems stable at $15-20 currently raw. Variants arent pullnig much more then normal issue which is suprising. About 1.5 to 2x value.

Swamp Thing 50 - Wish I would have kept my 10 copies I had. Book is selling raw for $50-80 in high grade, but has alot of swings. Not a book to put at auction.

Flash 197 - Another consistent seller high grade raw pulls $50-80+ depending on grade. $40-70 is common. Not sure if it will rise more.

Hulk 7 Variant - Whats not to love here. Book continues to climb every auction, but BIN sellers are too greedy or they would all be gone.

so the market has decided on Swamp 50 instead of 49? What about Justice League Dark #1?

I agree on the GSC last set of issues

Wow, I just saw the auction for a 9.8 SS of 51 selling for $350 (and one back in Oct). I guess I had my head in the sand. I didn't realize it was selling that high.

Personally I like 74 better than all of them.

so the market has decided on Swamp 50 instead of 49? What about Justice League Dark #1?

Just curious. Why is the shortcut GSC instead of GCS?

Wow, I just saw the auction for a 9.8 SS of 51 selling for $350 (and one back in Oct). I guess I had my head in the sand. I didn't realize it was selling that high.

I sold the 51 9.8 SS in October :whee:

I also set the high for #70 9.8 SS at that time

I sold the 51 9.8 SS in October :whee:

I also set the high for #70 9.8 SS at that time

:whee:

large.jpg

(Sorry, still thought this was the Hughes thread ;) )

A Re-post from a couple weeks ago that got caught up in the mess.

Captain Marvel 1 Yu Variant (Not bad for how cheap this book was when it came out) $50+

Inferno 1 Granov Variant (Probably the best Magik cover you can get?) $50+

And then there was Saga 1, seems to be picking back up again. Don't remember if its moving up to what it was when it first came out or pushing past that. This is the book that just slowly does its thing and gets better all the time (Story Wise).

Just a thought

Point is, many don't want to contribute (like me) because of attacks. This would be a better thread if people could post (whether they are right or wrong about something) without getting jumped on and belittled.

Some time back, I removed subscription to this thread because more times than not, the emails are just people arguing and chest pumping.

Im not the argumentative type. I don't use this board to argue or make someone think their opinion is wrong based on my own opinion. I use it for information about a hobby I really enjoy.

I don't look for books that are heating up to turn a quick profit and even if there are people doing that, I don't mind. Its not my call to tell them they are right or wrong. I just want to find books to possibly add value to my PC.

I dont want this post to start an argument either. Its just a plea from someone like most of you who enjoy this hobby and want to share with a community of others who feel the same.

???

If you're looking for value, you probably shouldn't be buying anything mentioned in this thread.

Yeah, just a few months ago I recall #49 and Annual #2 were going for more than #50... okay by me, as I have more of #50, one being a 9.8 candidate.

Good list. I'm always surprised by the price difference in Flash #197 and Flash Secret Files and Origins #3 which is his 1st appearance and usually goes for around $25 or so. Do you think #197 is bigger because Zoom is on the cover ?

I would say so.

As fastball mentioned with Carnage, ASM 344 isn't moving like 361. 344 being the first appearance of the person to later become something else. Flash 197 and ASM 361 both have the villain front and center on the cover.

Edited by ygogolak

Just a thought

Its called a discussion just some on here don't know how to discuss they only know how to insult.(Or they think they need to insult to discuss.)

Its a public board there is no way to stop it. Its like that on all boards sooner or later as you get more members sooner or later the nut jobs and trolls come with it.

I didn't really put it on there for that reason, but it looks like they have. I guess the cover says it, plus slabs don't recognize 49 other then to say app of certain characters.

I wouldn't pass up a JLA Dark 1 for under $5 its got plenty of room to move as the movie stuff continues to move forward.