• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

So a few new discussion books.

Deadpool 27 Wedding Issue seems stable at $15-20 currently raw. Variants arent pullnig much more then normal issue which is suprising. About 1.5 to 2x value.

Daredevil 183 - Not rising but consistent seller at $15-20

Swamp Thing 50 - Wish I would have kept my 10 copies I had. Book is selling raw for $50-80 in high grade, but has alot of swings. Not a book to put at auction.

Flash 197 - Another consistent seller high grade raw pulls $50-80+ depending on grade. $40-70 is common. Not sure if it will rise more.

Gotham City Sirens 20-26 - Watch these books continue to rise.

Catwoman 51 - how long before raw starts pulling $100 in high grade?

Power Girl 4 Variant - Consistent $20-30 book.

Hulk 7 Variant - Whats not to love here. Book continues to climb every auction, but BIN sellers are too greedy or they would all be gone.

Planet of Symbiotes Set - $45-70 for sets.

Good list. I'm always surprised by the price difference in Flash #197 and Flash Secret Files and Origins #3 which is his 1st appearance and usually goes for around $25 or so. Do you think #197 is bigger because Zoom is on the cover ?

I would say so.

As fastball mentioned with Carnage, ASM 344 isn't moving like 361. 344 bring the first appearance of the person to later become something else. Flash 197 and ASM 361 both have the villain front and center on the cover.

Looks like that will continue to be the decider. 344 has some value the two that haven't moved yet, but will some eventually are 359 and 360 how much? Who knows, but regardless with 361 moves they will see some upward movement as they very undervalued currently. That being said I buy them every chance I get for $1-3 in high grade.

It does look like 360 has started to finally move lately. I just checked again and 360 does have some movement lately.

Flash 197 just has the iconic cover. I really thought by now it would come down some. I haven't sold any of my 361s because I honestly believe the book is undervalued.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Is Carnage is 359? 360 I know he has a page of panels.

So in 359 he has 3 panels on one page in the jail cell. One of them you see a bit of Carnage itself and then you got the preview page at the end of with the 361 cover. Its not a lot but Cletus is there in 3 panels with a small blob of red symbiote on one panel as well.

Moved my Catwoman #51 raw NM/NM+ on Ebay today for $85 shipped. No complaints, and honestly I believe the cover is not very good for Hughes. There are a few Catwoman covers I prefer.

Wow, I just saw the auction for a 9.8 SS of 51 selling for $350 (and one back in Oct). I guess I had my head in the sand. I didn't realize it was selling that high.

Personally I like 74 better than all of them.

I guess this was a good purchase then

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Catwoman-51-CGC-9-8-HARLEY-QUINN-1-1-25-JSA-CLASSIFIED-1-HUGHS-VARIANTS-WOW-/361846474608?hash=item543fbb0770%3Ag%3AH1wAAOSw6DtYRYfO&nma=true&si=vdm0gutAhaAQW7Fj2b5K455SZ1U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Which actually explains why this lot sold for significantly lower than it shouldve

Yes, horrible listing. I read the title and thought those were simply words to grab searches. Needed to have a photo with all three books as the main photo.

Which actually explains why this lot sold for significantly lower than it shouldve

Yes, horrible listing. I read the title and thought those were simply words to grab searches. Needed to have a photo with all three books as the main photo.

Thats just a normal seller mistake everyday here at Aweandlorder research HQs

There's only 2 on the bay right now and they are asking 3x+ what it was selling for two weeks ago. I guess you could wait 3-4 months when people start getting back their new submissions and the market gets flooded.

This is probably as close to the truth as your going to get.

Me...? I would love to have that in a 9.8 not to mention an entire run!

I would keep it! It's a fun story with nice art. I don't think it's peaked yet...but that can go either way.

I'm not an investor but I buy...so I know a little something.

Decisions. I have the full Gotham City Sirens run, with the standard #1 cover graded as 9.8. To sell or not to sell?

There isn't a decision here. Take your money and run. Did you not see last months circulation numbers and the issue with comic shop's credit?

If you are a gambler go ahead and wait. The problem with this is in the next month CGC will be receiving 100s of this book in the mail.

What kills me is there isn't a 1st app in the book and they are still paying insane money for it.

There is a lot of unnecessary snarkiness in this thread. I can understand pointing out an obvious pump and dump post, but this is getting beyond that. So while we're at it, I hear thor 339 and superman 204 (Jim lee) are really heating up. I'll look around my comic hoard to see what else is and update you. Yeah, batman odyssey 1 too.