• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

There is a lot of unnecessary snarkiness in this thread. I can understand pointing out an obvious pump and dump post, but this is getting beyond that. So while we're at it, I hear thor 339 and superman 204 (Jim lee) are really heating up. I'll look around my comic hoard to see what else is and update you. Yeah, batman odyssey 1 too.

So should I sell now or hold?

Also, what are tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Edited by ygogolak

There is a lot of unnecessary snarkiness in this thread. I can understand pointing out an obvious pump and dump post, but this is getting beyond that. So while we're at it, I hear thor 339 and superman 204 (Jim lee) are really heating up. I'll look around my comic hoard to see what else is and update you. Yeah, batman odyssey 1 too.

Potentially 4 12 22 28 35 54. Guaranteed to hit if Superman #204 becomes a $100 book. :insane:

Thor 337?

Thor 337?

Batman Odyssey #1 too. Neal Adams goodness.

Thor 337?

doh!

It's a joke, based on issues he has in quantity. :gossip:

Comic shops credit? I must have missed that somewhere. In reference to shops cutting back on orders or shops literal credit limits being lowered? I know locally the 3 shops I go to have cut back their orders for a significant portion of monthly releases except for the obvious best sellers.

Potentially 4 12 22 28 35 54. Guaranteed to hit if Superman #204 becomes a $100 book. :insane:

I would go with these...48 1 5 16 23 42

Thor 337?

doh!

Somehow 17 years ago, when my old shop was closing, I could not pass up the opportunity for 100 or so pristine copies of of Thor 339 still in their paper wrappers at 10 cents a piece. My old shop had missed the boat on 337 (which was virtually an instant $20 or more wall book at the time, which in 1983 was real money) and ordered like 1500 copies of 339. It was 1999 and they still had a "few" copies left.

Thor 337?

doh!

Oh DAMN....I'm slow!!!

Thor 337?

doh!

Oh DAMN....I'm slow!!!

me too, was only on my 2nd cup of coffee when I posted

Thor 337?

doh!

Oh DAMN....I'm slow!!!

Let's not say anymore...maybe the "sheeple" will see Thor 337 and not read the rest of the post.

It will be on "the other sites" top 10 by end of week!!!

Thor 337?

doh!

Oh DAMN....I'm slow!!!

Let's not say anymore...maybe the "sheeple" will see Thor 337 and not read the rest of the post.

So how many copies of 337 did you get? lol

Thor 337?

doh!

Oh DAMN....I'm slow!!!

So how many copies of 337 did you get? lol

337 is not an easy book to pump and dump. you need to get the copies first and they ain't exactly cheap.

Marco Checchetto has another hot variant out tomorrow. His 1:25 for Gamora #1 is already selling between $80-100.

All copies between $10-50 were snatched up days ago, and auctions are starting to get a lot of action.

His Thunderbolts #7 1:25 from a couple weeks back is still on fire as well. All copies selling well above $100.

I would seek out the Gamora #1 1:25 at shops tomorrow.

Marco Checchetto has another hot variant out tomorrow. His 1:25 for Gamora #1 is already selling between $80-100.

All copies between $10-50 were snatched up days ago, and auctions are starting to get a lot of action.

At least this one has an upcoming movie next summer. :eyeroll:

His Thunderbolts #7 1:25 from a couple weeks back is still on fire as well. All copies selling well above $100.

meh, this one's only worth it if you can find it cheap at your LCS (somewhat unlikely, comic stores just weren't ordering 25 issues of the regular issue). Otherwise, I reckon this has probably seen its peak (~$180) so if you're buying on ebay to sell later on ebay, good luck. I certainly wouldn't buy it on ebay at current prices.

Undercutting has begun. All the Wednesday warriors hitting the stores tomorrow are flooding the market, this one will eventually fall to less than the Campbell Variants.

How many copies did you manage to line up there Kev?