• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Anyone else grabbing copies of Battle Scars #1 & #6?

Yes, since that's Coulson's first 616 appearance, but not his first comic appearance overall. Coulson's first appearance ever in comics is in the non-616 "Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury" one shot in 2009. The timeline of early Agent Coulson appearances seems to go like this:

Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury one shot, Cinematic Universe - February 2009:

15635955782_bd8a4d96d0_c.jpg

Page where he first appears:

15449132717_6f036f12a6_c.jpg

Iron Man 2: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. one shot, Cinematic Universe, first cover appearance: November 2010

15632437731_5aae9636d4_c.jpg

Battle Scars #1, first 616 appearance, although not referred to as Agent Coulson until Battle Scars #6 - November 2011

15014359054_14095edc7c_c.jpg

Where's the love for the Walmart Exclusive Iron Man: Movie Special Issue #1? It came out in September/October of 2008 and features Coulson throughout.

Where's the love for the Walmart Exclusive Iron Man: Movie Special Issue #1? It came out in September/October of 2008 and features Coulson throughout.

Interesting, do you have any pictures or more info on it? Is it a regular size comic, or a small insert that fit in the DVD case?

DC Comics Presents 26 contains a story that is not available in New Teen Titans 1.

still a preview

If you say it enough times, that ought to make it true. Except for people who understand what the prefix "pre" and the word "view" mean, of course.

It was a preview yesterday, its a preview today, and it will be a preview tomorrow. You can insult me as much as you want, it won't make you any less wrong. Its referred to as a preview by its creators and serves the purpose of a preview.

It is a preview with original content. DC presents Comics 26 is a First appearance book.

This is correct. Plus on the first page Avenging #9, it says on the first page check Captain Marvel #1 on sale next week to see how it happens. This is classic ASM 252 vs SW #8.

CBT you would be correct if Avenging Spiderman was a cameo, but it's not. Importance of storyt and market value are irrelevant. Avenging Spider-man is First Appearance of Carl Danvers as Captain Marvel.

First person with a valid point of debate, and not surprisingly, unlike everything that went on last night, you've actually read the book in question.

I did point out already, that the 7 day offset, (of the two that go together clearly), was to help boost the sales of Captain Marvel.

ComicVine lists Amazing Spider-man 252 as May 1st, and Secret Wars 8 as December 1st. These books were then 7 months apart, with SW8 being a throw back in December to a story from the spring.

They were not "the issues" from that month for both series (apparently SW 1 was the same month as ASM252).

Captain Marvel #1 remains the book where she becomes Captain Marvel. That AS9 which follows it directly, came out 7 days earlier, was never in dispute.

It's still two books that go together, and a forest for the trees date chase.

Edit:

=======

CGC labels should be as I said last night:

Captain Marvel #1 - Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel

Avenging Spider-man #9 - Captain Marvel appearance( story continues Captain Marvel #1, but released 7 days earlier)

OK I did further research. CBT CGC use to use the Character becomes ______(superhero name). That was the old format. The new format is First Character as ______(superhero name). In the quote, I shouldn't have added the word appearance. This format started in 2013.

Captain marvel 17 plus ms marvel 1 is hot

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=captain+marvel+17&_from=R40%7CR40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=900&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xcaptain+marvel+17+ms&_nkw=captain+marvel+17+ms&_sacat=900

I've even seen the 2nd print of 17 doing okay because the new Ms. Marvel is on the cover. I'm a 1st print guy only because you can reprint indefinitely but it is a neat feature imo.

1st Kamala Khan is Captain Marvel # 14.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=captain+marvel+17&_from=R40%7CR40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=900&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xcaptain+marvel+17+ms&_nkw=captain+marvel+17+ms&_sacat=900

I've even seen the 2nd print of 17 doing okay because the new Ms. Marvel is on the cover. I'm a 1st print guy only because you can reprint indefinitely but it is a neat feature imo.

Unnamed. Is this the issue where she is in her dorm room on the last couple of pages and they don't even show her, just her arm or something?

Unnamed. Is this the issue where she is in her dorm room on the last couple of pages and they don't even show her, just her arm or something?

There is no dispute here. Captain Marvel #14 is the 1st Appearance of Kamala Khan.

In the series, Khan takes the name Ms. Marvel from Carol Danvers, who now goes by the alias Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel writer Kelly Sue DeConnick revealed that Khan actually made a brief appearance in Captain Marvel #14 (August 2013) saying, "Kamala is in the background of a scene in Captain Marvel 14... She is very deliberately placed in a position where she sees Carol protecting civilians from Yon-Rogg."[5] About Khan's relationship with Danvers, Wilson said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Marvel_(Kamala_Khan)

Captain Marvel #17 - 1st Appearance of Kamala Khan as the New Ms. Marvel

Interesting, do you have any pictures or more info on it? Is it a regular size comic, or a small insert that fit in the DVD case?

Yea I would love to see pics on that one as well.

The one listed on eBay says it's ash-can sized.

There were two on ebay, one has since sold (from this thread obviously), the other is still there.

Just search "walmart iron-man" under comics.

So... Spider-Gwen is in the 616 now eh? Second appearance too huh?

Any thoughts on which of the ASM #9 variants will take off?

It'll hit like gang busters especially the Comicxposure with Silk, Spider-Gween and Spidey on the cover IMO.!

Also first time Silk & Spider-Gween together on the cover of that variant spells more hotness.

Edited by natevegas

There is no dispute here. Captain Marvel #14 is the 1st Appearance of Kamala Khan.

In the series, Khan takes the name Ms. Marvel from Carol Danvers, who now goes by the alias Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel writer Kelly Sue DeConnick revealed that Khan actually made a brief appearance in Captain Marvel #14 (August 2013) saying, "Kamala is in the background of a scene in Captain Marvel 14... She is very deliberately placed in a position where she sees Carol protecting civilians from Yon-Rogg."[5] About Khan's relationship with Danvers, Wilson said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Marvel_(Kamala_Khan)

Captain Marvel #17 - 1st Appearance of Kamala Khan as the New Ms. Marvel

Um, who's disputing what? The first word in my reply is "Unnamed", which is exactly the situation you just described.

It was a preview yesterday, its a preview today, and it will be a preview tomorrow. You can insult me as much as you want, it won't make you any less wrong. Its referred to as a preview by its creators and serves the purpose of a preview.

It is a preview with original content. DC presents Comics 26 is a First appearance book.

I never stated it wasn't a first appearance. This was a debate over whether previews ever hold any value. Read the discussion from the beginning and you won't come across as a total fool.

I have a great idea sell all the books and make profits and stop all this arguing. This is a modern heating up thread not a circle jerk over Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Marvel NOW Ms. Marvel crapola.

I second that.

This used to be an extremely useful thread years ago. Please start the debates in their own threads. People used to list books heating up with links, making this a valuable and easy to use "tool" for those of us looking to "cash in", which is pretty much all of us.

:foryou: