• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Sunfire Big Hero 1 seems to have cooled. Bummer, as I still have a nice copy. But a sequel should be forthcoming...though it might be a while. My son loved it, but he loves everything. Anyone think some of the cooling comes from the beymax character not being so recognizable in this version of the comic?

Edited by the blob

Sunfire Big Hero 1 seems to have cooled. Bummer, as I still have a nice copy. But a sequel should be forthcoming...though it might be a while. My son loved it, but he loves everything. Anyone think some of the cooling comes from the beymax character not being so recognizable in this version of the comic?

Nope.

Nope.

I think the heating was due to the movie. now that the movie has come and gone, cooling has occurred. with news being released about a potential sequel, you can expect heating to occur leading up to the sequel. then after the movie has come and gone, expect cooling to occur. Then when they announce and have press releases about the 3rd and final movie, expect heating to occur. then after the movie, expect cooling to occur.

Note that the percentage of heating and cooling will be less and less as we move forward with the process.

There were a lot of spaceknights, Rom was just the greatest of them all. Many of the other spaceknights were female, including his girlfriend Brandy for a time. She was transformed into Starshine:

300px-Rom51.jpg.gif

Look at that sexy Zeck cover! :cloud9:

Seriously, Mantlo and the rest did wonders with a toy...a TOY....

"Hey, here's a toy, can you make a comic book about it?"

That's ALL THEY GOT.

Mantlo's series, while a little stilted and hokey at times, nevertheless was quite groundbreaking and totally different from everything else Marvel was doing at the time. And from #47 to #66, it was about as intense and wild as comics can get.

The opening scenes to ROM #47... :eek:

Think about it: what other "secret alien invasion" stories had been serialized like this, over 7 years? Yes, it's all the rage NOW...and on TV and whatnot...but it hadn't been done in Marvel comics (and I don't recall anything like it from other publishers as well.) And sure, "secret alien invasion" had been done on TV and film, but not to this extent, and certainly not in a serialized, ongoing format. Skrulls, ok, but they were never the central part of any story, and it would take Bendis in the 2000s to really flesh out the idea to its fullest potential.

But ROM...? 30 years before Secret Invasion...? 15 years before the X-Files...? There was ROM.

It is wildly, wildly underappreciated.

Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 first print sells for $99.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141566376304?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I've never had so many people ask prices on a book at a show as much as we've had on our copies of this. Lots of interest, I just wish it had translated into more sales (we only sold one of our three copies, and we were only asking $70 for really nice books).

That's because it's a majority of speculators buying it back and forth from each other. I notice this a lot at shows when I do them. The speculator books rarely sell. My biggest sellers are always Harley and Deadpool themed books. The last show I did also had a lot of demand for Rat Queens.

That's because it's a majority of speculators buying it back and forth from each other. I notice this a lot at shows when I do them. The speculator books rarely sell. My biggest sellers are always Harley and Deadpool themed books. The last show I did also had a lot of demand for Rat Queens.

Rat Queens has been a little off the radar recently because of the long delay between issues caused by Roc Upchurch's departure from the book. But with the series getting on a monthly schedule now, I expect the buzz to start building up again.

Rat Queens has been a little off the radar recently because of the long delay between issues caused by Roc Upchurch's departure from the book. But with the series getting on a monthly schedule now, I expect the buzz to start building up again.

Personally I thought the domestic abuse charge really hurt the book. Id like to see print runs over the next couple of months to see how bad. Its got a large female base.

Personally I thought the domestic abuse charge really hurt the book. Id like to see print runs over the next couple of months to see how bad. Its got a large female base.

I could be wrong, but I think most fans are going to stick with it. Kurtis is really active with the Rat Queens fan community and I think that his quick action to address this and remove Roc from the book was appreciated by most.

It wouldn't surprise me if the numbers were down a little because of the long delay. But I think it will pick back up once the second trade hits and momentum starts going again.