• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,792 posts in this topic

Couple of 80s books that I expect to see some jumps in the next few months.

Avengers Annual 10 - Ms Marvel is relaunching a new title.

DC presents 47 - New He-man series coming out

Why would Avengers Annual 10 be impacted by a Ms. Marvel series? (The book is worth something because it is the first Rogue (and a really epic book...or at least it was when i read it as a kid), not because Ms. Marvel temporarily loses her powers.) Now if Rogue got her own TV series on AMC, written by Kirkman, of course, then I'd go out and pick up 100 of them...

Some of the top movers on The Market is valiant titles from both 1992 and 2012. The 1:50 variant has gone to $150, the 1:20 variant has shot up to $25 and Harbinger 0 pink variant is hitting $60+.

In non valiant news, New X-Men #128 is starting to reach $45 to $50 mark ! :o

Shameless plug! If you missed the boat you still might have a chance to win X-Men #128 and #129 Friday if you Facebook "like" the website and win the drawing!

I got $45 for New X-Men 128 and 129 about a month ago. I'm figuring $40 of that was for 128.

Some of the top movers on The Market is valiant titles from both 1992 and 2012. The 1:50 variant has gone to $150, the 1:20 variant has shot up to $25 and Harbinger 0 pink variant is hitting $60+.

In non valiant news, New X-Men #128 is starting to reach $45 to $50 mark ! :o

Shameless plug! If you missed the boat you still might have a chance to win X-Men #128 and #129 Friday if you Facebook "like" the website and win the drawing!

I got $45 for New X-Men 128 and 129 about a month ago. I'm figuring $40 of that was for 128.

Let's just take a moment here and be happy that we can once again have comics in the back issue bins increase in value due to well written stories and actual interest in the characters... :cloud9:

i don't think it would hurt to have any of the 4 original valiants that are due out

Which came out first - Archer and Armstrong 0 or 1?

#0 came out first. A month before #1.

I suppose now would be a great time to hit the local store and look for the original bloodshot while its stil listed at 4 dollars seeing how x-o #1man thw original is pulling near 100me bucks on ebay

wasn't bloodshot post-unity? and thus had a 500,000+ copy print-run? in which case, it will never be worth anything.

x-o 1 had a relatively modest print-run. no doubt some copies have gotten messed up over the years (for example, when i picked up an x-o 1 for $3 a couple of weeks ago there was another one for $3 that looked pretty good except it had a spine split...both were no doubt bagged and boarded at the same time 20 years ago, but for whatever reason, one got injured), but it's the fact that there aren't vast numbers of copies (except in RMA's storage room) that allows it to go for some bucks now that demand has picked up.

with that said, please don't have me explain why NM 98 is a $50-$100 book with its print-run, except that deadpool is popular, because I don't understand how that's the case with the interweb.

I suppose now would be a great time to hit the local store and look for the original bloodshot while its stil listed at 4 dollars seeing how x-o #1man thw original is pulling near 100me bucks on ebay

wasn't bloodshot post-unity? and thus had a 500,000+ copy print-run? in which case, it will never be worth anything.

x-o 1 had a relatively modest print-run. no doubt some copies have gotten messed up over the years (for example, when i picked up an x-o 1 for $3 a couple of weeks ago there was another one for $3 that looked pretty good except it had a spine split...both were no doubt bagged and boarded at the same time 20 years ago, but for whatever reason, one got injured), but it's the fact that there aren't vast numbers of copies (except in RMA's storage room) that allows it to go for some bucks now that demand has picked up.

with that said, please don't have me explain why NM 98 is a $50-$100 book with its print-run, except that deadpool is popular, because I don't understand how that's the case with the interweb.

Yes. Bloodshot #1 had a print run of ~850k where X-O #1 had a print run of ~85k (Thanks Greg for the info.).

X-O #1 was known for having spine splits. How many had them I couldn't say, but obviously a much harder book to find then Bloodshot is.

Could you explain why NM 98 is a $50-$100 book? :P

Edited by FormerReader

If anyone wants to "speculate" on Bloodshot or A&A, the issue to get for Bloodshot is Rai 0, his first full appearance. Eternal Warrior 4 is his first appearance as a cameo on the last page (it came out a couple weeks befor Rai 0). For Archer & Armstrong, the gold logo edition of issue 0 is the book to get, then maybe the regular zero issue. It is the actual first issue, and first appearances of Archer and Armstrong.

Bloodshot 1 wasn't printed quite at Turok 1 levels, but here are plenty out there.

If anyone wants to "speculate" on Bloodshot or A&A, the issue to get for Bloodshot is Rai 0, his first full appearance. Eternal Warrior 4 is his first appearance as a cameo on the last page (it came out a couple weeks befor Rai 0). For Archer & Armstrong, the gold logo edition of issue 0 is the book to get, then maybe the regular zero issue. It is the actual first issue, and first appearances of Archer and Armstrong.

Bloodshot 1 wasn't printed quite at Turok 1 levels, but here are plenty out there.

I'd add Bloodshot 51 and Last Stand, which will probably get a bump if the new title heats up.

Couple of 80s books that I expect to see some jumps in the next few months.

Avengers Annual 10 - Ms Marvel is relaunching a new title.

DC presents 47 - New He-man series coming out

Why would Avengers Annual 10 be impacted by a Ms. Marvel series? (The book is worth something because it is the first Rogue (and a really epic book...or at least it was when i read it as a kid), not because Ms. Marvel temporarily loses her powers.) Now if Rogue got her own TV series on AMC, written by Kirkman, of course, then I'd go out and pick up 100 of them...

Sigh my bad I meant Ms Marvel 1. I have no idea why I said Avengers Annual 10 I just confused them two. Glad someone caught my goof.

Edited by Fastballspecial

This probably comes as no surprise to anyone but Infinity Gauntlet #1 thru #6 sets have suddenly been popping up on the modern age Comics Heating Up list over at The Market. I counted three different sets in the top 50 listings. Currently the sets are going for $35 to $50 on eBay. :facepalm:

I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person - I saw several scattered issues of infinity gauntlet in a 5/$1.00 bin a few weeks ago and left them behind doh!

This probably comes as no surprise to anyone but Infinity Gauntlet #1 thru #6 sets have suddenly been popping up on the modern age Comics Heating Up list over at The Market. I counted three different sets in the top 50 listings. Currently the sets are going for $35 to $50 on eBay. :facepalm:

We were selling sets of Infinity Gaunlet a few weeks ago before the movie for $40, so that's not a huge surprise.

Apparently it's very, very popular with the new fanes, and everyday readers.

We were selling sets of Infinity Gaunlet a few weeks ago before the movie for $40, so that's not a huge surprise.

Apparently it's very, very popular with the new fanes, and everyday readers.

The frequency and number of sets suddenly showing up at that price is, in my opinion, because of the movie. If you go back to March you find the same sets being sold on eBay for $10 to $15. (shrug)

Edited by whetteon

thanos is not the villian in the next avengers movie :o

That honestly would not surprise me considering how long it took him between Samuel L Jackson's first appearance in a marble movie up until his first for on-screen parents

Phonetically it makes sense AutoCorrect while driving what can I tell you

thanos is not the villian in the next avengers movie :o

That honestly would not surprise me considering how long it took him between Samuel L Jackson's first appearance in a marble movie up until his first for on-screen parents

Phonetically it makes sense AutoCorrect while driving what can I tell you

:roflmao: