• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

She's not a SIDEKICK...he needs her help...it's not like the Skipper & Gilligan.

So... what you're saying is she probably has little to nothing to do with Vader once this story arc is over? Is she a Jedi, Sith, or a bounty hunter with a cool costume? What is her appeal?

Would really like to hear from someone that actually read this thing - I still see no appeal here, but while people are buying them up on eBay, I don't blame you guys for selling them.

Gotta wonder why people are paying what they're paying, no one here has said anything even slightly compelling with regards to this book - as close as it got is Larry's "3 new characters connected to Vader", which is a pretty poor explanation for a $15 book day of release.

I read it, I think she's like a female Han Solo...she may even be undercover working for the good guys.

She's a female space Indiana Jones.

Totally got that vibe too

I feel like the only reason anyone is comparing her to Indy is the "It belongs in a ___" obvious reference. She certainly doesn't have the charisma of Indy and seemed way to silly/causal than Darth Vader would ever endure.. I found the issue extremely lacking especially in text, which there was barely any of. I'm not really sure whats so hyped about this character.

Its one issue give it some time.

The "hype" caused us to prematurely sell out... Folks in the store would tell incoming customers "you'd better get a vader 3...yada yada". I normally don't sell out in one day but did today.

Luckily diamond made more available for a short time this afternoon and I loaded back up

You know your busienss better than I do, but I cant help but ask - arent yuo worried the hype will die by then?

BTW I secured 3 Vader variants and sold 2 already.. This is a TMNT44 repeat with those

Larry will tell you this as well. Those books are money in the bank for a retailer. They will sell a ton at cover and years from now will get $5 or $10 or more depending on the character.

Also, found a gold Hard Corps #1 for a buck there tonight... I know it's not one of the hotter Valiant books, but it was a gold, so I had to pick it up as I don't have any gold Valiants other than this one. Semi relevant, I guess.

Picking up any of the Valiant golds for a buck is a great deal! Congrats! :applause:

So I was able to visit 5 stores in 3 states today on my way back from vacation.

I have the following to reporting after talking to store owners and customers.

DV 3 - Was ordered heavy in 1 of 5 stores. The LCS had at least 8 or 9 variants. It was picked up in every store I was in that had other customers while I was standing there. All that being said it has a healthy print run.

Lady Killer sold out in all stores and continues to sell out(I think I sold to early )

Walking Dead - Surprisingly only 1 of the 5 stores had any back issues of Walking Dead at all. Recent last 5 issues were available in decent amount which leads me to believe they have finally reached saturation.

Silk and Spider-Gwen were both strong sellers with Silk 1 being only available in 1 store and Spider-Gwen 1 still available in 2 stores. Saw only 1 copy of ASM 4 and EoSV 2 each.

Injustice has had a nice following in several stores as long time DC fans read just to see where it goes next.

She Thor has gotten a female following in some stores which has brought in new customers to the store as well as Silk, SG, and Ms Marvel. Female fan base is starting to increase. This is nice to see a new fan base. They are also enjoying the mystery about who the new Thor is.

Red One had sold in every shop but one I went too.

Detective Comics End Game seems to have sold pretty well too as most

shops had only a few copies or none.

ASM seems to be on the recovery with fans as most stores reported strong ASM sales as well. I am sure Silk and EOSV have helped that.

Was able to buy a lot of back issues and $1 bin books and had a good time in every store except 1 out the 9 stores in 3 states I visited. I don't like it when I dig out back issues so the store can then price them. Its just plain lazy to not price your books.

Saw stores marketing kid books to kids, fantasy to fantasy fans, and gaming to gamers. Saw others that just sat behind the counter.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Valiant sales for the week:

Magnus #5 CGC 9.8 $100

Shadowman #8 CGC 9.8 $102.50

This comparison makes no sense.

Someone got a very good deal on the Magnus #5. (thumbs u

Just noticed it was a BIN. Seller left a lot of money on the table by not making it an auction with a $99 minimum bid

Yep. That's part of the fun. There are still good deals out there.

So I was able to visit 5 stores in 3 states today on my way back from vacation.

I have the following to reporting after talking to store owners and customers.

DV 3 - Was ordered heavy in 1 of 5 stores. The LCS had at least 8 or 9 variants. It was picked up in every store I was in that had other customers while I was standing there. All that being said it has a healthy print run.

Lady Killer sold out in all stores and continues to sell out(I think I sold to early )

Walking Dead - Surprisingly only 1 of the 5 stores had any back issues of Walking Dead at all. Recent last 5 issues were available in decent amount which leads me to believe they have finally reached saturation.

Silk and Spider-Gwen were both strong sellers with Silk 1 being only available in 1 store and Spider-Gwen 1 still available in 2 stores. Saw only 1 copy of ASM 4 and EoSV 2 each.

Injustice has had a nice following in several stores as long time DC fans read just to see where it goes next.

She Thor has gotten a female following in some stores which has brought in new customers to the store as well as Silk, SG, and Ms Marvel. Female fan base is starting to increase. This is nice to see a new fan base. They are also enjoying the mystery about who the new Thor is.

Red One had sold in every shop but one I went too.

ASM seems to be on the recovery with fans as most stores reported strong ASM sales as well. I am sure Silk and EOSV have helped that.

Was able to buy a lot of back issues and $1 bin books and had a good time in every store except 1 out the 9 stores in 3 states I visited. I don't like it when I dig out back issues so the store can then price them. Its just plain lazy to not price your books.

Saw stores marketing kid books to kids, fantasy to fantasy fans, and gaming to gamers. Saw others that just sat behind the counter.

Nice Report. I think if a book is not priced it is not for sale.

Harbinger #1 $135

Also privately sold a Harbinger #6 CGC 9.8 for $175 shipped, one of the hardest pre-Unity 9.8s there is.

Did you let one go for $175, RMA? You were being kind, I'm not sure I would let someone look at mine for $175! Well, maybe for a few seconds.

Harbinger #1 $135

Also privately sold a Harbinger #6 CGC 9.8 for $175 shipped, one of the hardest pre-Unity 9.8s there is.

Did you let one go for $175, RMA? You were being kind, I'm not sure I would let someone look at mine for $175! Well, maybe for a few seconds.

It was a fair price. The last one sold last August for $41.

I truly don't understand why people can't be bothered. If I had known, it wouldn't have sold for $41, but I'm just one guy, and I can't buy everything...but why people let one of the rarest pre-unitys in 9.8 sell for $41, but then pay $1,000 for a Sixth Gun #1, I'll never know.

There are so many stupid, ridiculous people in this stupid, ridiculous hobby.

:facepalm:

How about the overlooked Star Wars book this week, Kanan: The Last Padawan.

He is one of the main characters in the new Star Wars cartoon on Disney.

I think it has long term potential, as this is his first comic appearance.

I could be way off, but I picked one up for the PC.

I agree, grabbed a few myself. This book was available for ordering when Spider-Gwen mania was running wild, could have been overlooked by many, could be under-ordered. One to keep an eye on for sure.

Shhhh lol

Harbinger #1 $135

There are so many stupid, ridiculous people in this stupid, ridiculous hobby.

:facepalm:

+1

I agree, grabbed a few myself. This book was available for ordering when Spider-Gwen mania was running wild, could have been overlooked by many, could be under-ordered. One to keep an eye on for sure.

I didn't think that book released until April 1st?