• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I want to thank you all for what is mostly great information.

However......Simply reading speculation in this thread makes the market value of anything posted in it move so fast, I feel it.

PLZStahp. I want my Kanan copy too! haha

It's pretty funny though, I was watching this thread alone for weeks before I got a screen name because I could see the volatility .

It was worse when people would start pumping books before final order cut off. I think this thread is responsible for 80% of the print run for Bedlam #1.

I want to thank you all for what is mostly great information.

However......Simply reading speculation in this thread makes the market value of anything posted in it move so fast, I feel it.

PLZStahp. I want my Kanan copy too! haha

It's pretty funny though, I was watching this thread alone for weeks before I got a screen name because I could see the volatility .

welcome to the board

Not sure the board has that much influence, prefer to think we are just early because we are watching and looking for Sparks and hoping for fire. And I am a lurker recently out of the closet myself

I'm personally not a fan of his covers.

1429380_ful.jpg

I've yet to hear one person say they are a huge fan of his. Heck, even that they like it at all.

Who's buying these up?

I would never knock his talent or style, it's just not for me.

Are teens buying them up? Kids?

My girlfriend. He's worked on a Neil Gaiman book and she started liking him then.

Does he have a strong female fan base? Or majority female?

I don't know really. She bought his poster of Rocket Raccoon because the thought it looked cool. Found it while I was looking around a comic shop with her.

I'm personally not a fan of his covers.

1429380_ful.jpg

I've yet to hear one person say they are a huge fan of his. Heck, even that they like it at all.

Who's buying these up?

I would never knock his talent or style, it's just not for me.

Are teens buying them up? Kids?

He's a cartoonist. His drawings look like cartoons.

I kinda dig Skottie Young. But I prefer his interiors over his covers. He did a New Warriors mini-series back before Civil War (the premise of which, they used as the impetus to Civil War) that I really enjoyed the work on. It was just fun.

But his recent covers really appeal more to the kid or female audience. My one roomie loves his covers. She asks her shop to always pull them for her, even if she doesn't read that book. The cuteness factor seems to be the appeal.

BTW, I got mine from Royal Collectibles in Queens

I can't praise Mike, Chuck (dad & son), Steve, Diane and Chelle enough..

They always hook me up. Like, always

QUEENS REPRESENT!!!

Yeah, the peeps at ROYAL COLLECTIBLES are really nice, have lots of cool items and some decent sales.

They also do some CGC signings as well. Just wish they were closer to the train and had a bigger online presence. I think those two factors would help bolster traffic to the business.

I got (3) copies of ULTIMATE FALLOUT #4 for $5 each.

They also buy stuff and will give you more in credit if you decide to go that route.