• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Some just don't want to hold the inventory or wait for turnover.

Or they cant grade. Heck I see 8.0s on modern books on ebay kills me everytime I see one.

Haha, yeah not as bad as an 8.0 but it may as well be

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-138-Image-CGC-Graded-9-0-Free-Shipping-/272246040875?hash=item3f6320e92b:g:Wp4AAOSwB9xXO0dP

Some just don't want to hold the inventory or wait for turnover.

Or they cant grade. Heck I see 8.0s on modern books on ebay kills me everytime I see one.

Thats pretty much it. So much can happen with a trending book in 24 hours its not worth the wait. I only grade with long established keys and of course books that I like

I don't even remember seeing it when it came out.

The print run was next to nothing.

Only a few raw copies on ebay right now and I'm sure the $30 and less copies won't last long

Regular cover has the colors that remind me of NYX #3, am really surprised that the variant hasn't taken off like it should if the regular cover is seeing these numbers shill free.

Still looks like the X-23 train rolls on.

27,000 is rare?

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-30%20at%209.48.44%20PM_zps4tv5hsyy.png

It is only rare if 270,000 buyers are seeking it and the demand exceeds the supply :)

So, people who are fixated on population reports and manufactured scarcity need to acknowledge the "if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it crash, did it really fall" in that even if there's a low print run on something nobody cares about, does that make it valued?

The whole debate of the true 1/1 one of a kind collectibles in Original Art would say that a page from a popular book should be valued the same as a page from an unpopular book because there is just 1 of 1 for each, but it's that supply/demand chain effect that makes one more valued than others and some rendered near worthless due to lack of hobby interest. So, if comic book collectors clamor and drool over these low print runs they'd probably get a heart attack over the joy of being the one and only one cornering the market on one of a kind collectibles if they ever transitioned into original published art (forget about sketch covers and commissions, they're not the same).

Comic collectors be wary and observe what has happened and is happening with the sports card industry with their "parallel" inserts and crash numbering marketing, where there's a glut of manufactured collectibles, marketed better than comics in terms of accountability since all releases are individually numbered with their own serial number.

The publishers always try to out-do themselves. Initially "variants" were reserved for special landmark issues, now they're a dime a dozen and monthly occurrences at publishers like Zenescope, IDW, Boom and even Marvel and DC, whether it's a short print or not, it's manufactured to get people to buy with a purposeful target of the investor/speculator or completest collector.

27,000 is rare?

For a 1st issue X-book, I'd say that 27,000 is pretty low and one where the character didn't really take off on the secondary market for a couple years after the book came out? Yeah. I've only had 2 or 3 copies.

However Sword Of The Braddocks which has sold well on ebay for over a year and is supposedly an equally low print, I've gone through 10 or so of those. Depends on which area shops ordered heavy on whatever

No need to defend it Lonzilla, you actually posted a modern, heating up on eBay, in the correct thread, someone had to come in and rain on that parade with the quickness. lol

Anyway.....was the Variant cover a "order all you want" or was it an incentive ratio? I'd like to estimate the print run in my head without eluding to anything that might cause.....a disruption around here.

27,000 is rare?

It is only rare if 270,000 buyers are seeking it and the demand exceeds the supply :)

So, people who are fixated on population reports and manufactured scarcity need to acknowledge the "if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it crash, did it really fall" in that even if there's a low print run on something nobody cares about, does that make it valued?

The whole debate of the true 1/1 one of a kind collectibles in Original Art would say that a page from a popular book should be valued the same as a page from an unpopular book because there is just 1 of 1 for each, but it's that supply/demand chain effect that makes one more valued than others and some rendered near worthless due to lack of hobby interest. So, if comic book collectors clamor and drool over these low print runs they'd probably get a heart attack over the joy of being the one and only one cornering the market on one of a kind collectibles if they ever transitioned into original published art (forget about sketch covers and commissions, they're not the same).

Comic collectors be wary and observe what has happened and is happening with the sports card industry with their "parallel" inserts and crash numbering marketing, where there's a glut of manufactured collectibles, marketed better than comics in terms of accountability since all releases are individually numbered with their own serial number.

The publishers always try to out-do themselves. Initially "variants" were reserved for special landmark issues, now they're a dime a dozen and monthly occurrences at publishers like Zenescope, IDW, Boom and even Marvel and DC, whether it's a short print or not, it's manufactured to get people to buy with a purposeful target of the investor/speculator or completest collector.

Yup. And there are a lot of new people on these boards who complain endlessly about reality, and prefer to live in fantasy land, pretending they can make estimates of estimates of estimates, and think those numbers represent anything even approaching realistic numbers, and react with much hostility when someone intrudes on that fantasy, complaining bitterly that anyone should dare to try to tell them otherwise. They make their own beds; they just don't know it yet.

How do these folks expect to be taken seriously, when they make "estimates" based on spurious information to begin with? It's like saying "well, 2 + 2 = 5, so I'm going to buy 5 copies and have an even number of them."

It's a pretty frightening indictment of the state of the comics market, frankly.

Regular cover has the colors that remind me of NYX #3, am really surprised that the variant hasn't taken off like it should if the regular cover is seeing these numbers shill free.

Still looks like the X-23 train rolls on.

Kind of tough for the variant to heat up when there is no variant.

No need to defend it Lonzilla, you actually posted a modern, heating up on eBay, in the correct thread, someone had to come in and rain on that parade with the quickness. lol

Anyway.....was the Variant cover a "order all you want" or was it an incentive ratio? I'd like to estimate the print run in my head without eluding to anything that might cause.....a disruption around here.

I'm pretty sure the variant (white cover) was a 1:15 or is that the regular series?

Edited by Lonzilla

I'm pretty sure the variant (white cover) was a 1:15

That book isn't a variant of the one shot.

Krighton I am absolutely not trying to be a , but you MUST have 100 copies of this book, because if there is an Outcast post, you've made it. So spill the beans, what are you sitting on? I have 4 9.8, 3 CGC and 1 the other guys.

Jay

Krighton I am absolutely not trying to be a , but you MUST have 100 copies of this book, because if there is an Outcast post, you've made it. So spill the beans, what are you sitting on? I have 4 9.8, 3 CGC and 1 the other guys.

Jay

200_s.gif