• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

I'd be cool with NYX #4 picking up steam, as I picked up a couple of copies on the cheap a little over a year ago, and NYX #3 is pretty well out of my range, for good I'd imagine. Just not a big enough fan of the character to invest the kind of money people were spending even a few years ago, much less the crazy prices now.

Also, I am really surprised by how much the Rebirth books and the new Cap has taken off in terms of sales. You couldn't find any copies of Cap #1 around here mere days after it came out, aside from some crummy variants. With Rebirth, it took about a week for the one shot to start to dry up around here, and most places sold out of all of last week's Rebirth books within a day or two. Called around and visited a couple of shops today, only two shops have any Batman left and one of the stores only had the B variant, which is already marked up to $8, two stores had the regular cover for DC Universe Rebirth for cover, and one had the midnight variant marked up to $15 and the regular up to $10. No Superman or Arrow to be found anywhere around here.

Thankfully, Midtown was able to help me with all but Superman cover A and Green Arrow, if people here for some chance are still looking without wanting to pay eBay prices.

Rebirth is doing very well overall. Many shops didn't really order well because Convergence sucked so bad. I don't walk into a shop that doesn't have a ton of Convergence.

All the shops I am visiting are either sold our nearing sell out. What I really like is some of variants are sitting while the normal issue is selling out. I am unsure if this is a winner over to all titles, but Rebirth and Batman Rebirth seem to be winners based on initial orders and resale.

Flash variant looks horrible, so did the Batman variant...but some of the others look better. You really have to pick and choose which ones to grab, it's not just a case of the variant is always the best this time around. Artgerm WW for the win.

Edited by krighton

Rebirth is doing very well overall. Many shops didn't really order well because Convergence sucked so bad. I don't walk into a shop that doesn't have a ton of Convergence.

All the shops I am visiting are either sold our nearing sell out. What I really like is some of variants are sitting while the normal issue is selling out. I am unsure if this is a winner over to all titles, but Rebirth and Batman Rebirth seem to be winners based on initial orders and resale.

My,LCS said they were returnable. So I don't think we will see them sitting around if they don't sell

Decided to make a run to BAM just to see if they had anything decent... did manage to find a Rebirth Green Arrow, but that lone copy was the only Rebirth book they had. Considered picking up a newsstand edition Action Comics #52, but passed. Wonder if any of these BAMs or Barnes and Noble will be getting newsstand editions of the Rebirth one shot, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for newsstands of Justice League #50 and Superman #52 at least. Curious if JL 50 ns will be a price variant, too.

Edited by BishopT

@Lonzilla I was at the show and talked with Fabry about these books myself Sunday after the post. These are the 200 virgin comps given to him by the manufacturer. Yes, he had 200 to sell which is the stack you see in the video you provided. He also only sold half, and is keeping the other half to distribute through his art rep and Trinity. These are different books than the ones being sold later in August and you can verify it by image on the website. I don't believe the CBSI guys are incorrect in the information they presented. Notice the cover differences?

Get your pitchforks out though........

preacher1a_1.jpg

From the CBSI article:

"He didn’t have many copies this weekend and the ones that he did were gobbled up fast."

Over 100 for sale isn't not having "many" copies. And no they weren't gobbled up fast, they were for sale until an hour before the show ended on Sunday. His handler Alex said that they went over their limit a few times but didn't want to turn down any fans

"He signed some and even did sketches on a few"

He signed most of the ones that he sold from what I saw on Sat & Sun when I spent the bulk of the day with him, and he did sketches on more than "a few". I saw him sketch on close to 2 dozen

When everyone was packing up he was signing a pile of 50 or more copies which were "for Wizard." That's His and Alex's word, not mine

You obviously have an investment axe to grind to come in and make only your second post since March, but if you want a pitchfork it's yours

** I'll add that in the CBSI article he says that he'll update it as more info becomes available. I know they're on here. I put the info out there. No update yet.**

Edited by Lonzilla

From the CBSI article:

"He didn’t have many copies this weekend and the ones that he did were gobbled up fast."

Over 100 for sale isn't not having "many" copies. And no they weren't gobbled up fast, they were for sale until an hour before the show ended on Sunday. His handler Alex said that they went over their limit a few times but didn't want to turn down any fans

He signed most of the ones that he sold from what I saw on Sat & Sun when I spent the bulk of the day with him, and he did sketches on more than "a few". I saw him sketch on close to 2 dozen

When everyone was packing up he was signing a pile of 50 or more copies which were "for Wizard." That's His and Alex's word, not mine

You obviously have an investment axe to grind to come in and make only your second post since March, but if you want a pitchfork it's yours

** I'll add that in the CBSI article he says that he'll update it as more info becomes available. I know they're on here. I put the info out there. No update yet.**

100+ copies of a DC property isn't low?

From the CBSI article:

If that's the entire print run, yes. But we all know that it's not

We do?

Yes. If he sold over 100 out of a case of 200, then the print run is more than 100. It's at least 200 ;)

There's probably thousands made, depends on how many subscribers the WW con box has?

Whether it's 50, 100 or 200, it's still more than "just a few."

The article made it sound like just a small handful were sold. They even said "the books that escaped should see some crazy prices" like they were being hidden the last 3 days of the show.

Gimme a break. Anyone could've bought 10 of them if they wanted to (a couple guys did)

We do?

Yes. If he sold over 100 out of a case of 200, then the print run is more than 100. It's at least 200 ;)

There's probably thousands made, depends on how many subscribers the WW con box has?

Whether it's 50, 100 or 200, it's still more than "just a few."

The article made it sound like just a small handful were sold. They even said "the books that escaped should see some crazy prices" like they were being hidden the last 3 days of the show.

Gimme a break. Anyone could've bought 10 of them if they wanted to (a couple guys did)

I was there as well and it did appear that his art dealer was keeping a pretty tight grip on them. At least when I was around. I noticed the cover right away as it was being signed by Glenn and I inquired. Basically said it was a great looking cover and asked if they knew where I could get one. His dealer stepped in right away and stated that he agreed is was a great cover, but that these were 'spoken for' and the rest were purchased by someone else (and this was on Thursday night). When I came back Saturday afternoon I didn't see any left, even though I see them on the table in your video, they weren't there when I stopped by around 1:30-3PM. I guess I should have politely pressed a little harder, I would have loved a slabbed copy of one of those beauties. Love his work.

Got this done instead...

<a  href=20160604_172855_zpslgbfipsa.jpg' alt='20

While I agree there might be more to this run then what we know. Its not the same as the comic box cover...Same art, but its a virgin variant sans advertising, not the same as the soon to be published cover from what I can tell. The story appears to be legitimate, based off of the limited actual facts available at this time.

Edited by philsbackpack

From the CBSI article:

"He didnt have many copies this weekend and the ones that he did were gobbled up fast."

what's it feel like opening Pandora's Box

Edited by krighton

From the CBSI article:

Are your panties bunched because you didn't buy one?

*shrug*

The guys that were on the floor & recognized the opportunity at hand should do well.

First to market usually commands a premium, right?

That was a killer show.

Got this done instead...

<a  href=20160604_172855_zpslgbfipsa.jpg' alt='20

That one was yours? Nice. I saw him working on it

**BTW philsbackpack, yes you should've have checked again because late Saturday & Sunday he had a full case of them.

Edited by Lonzilla

From the CBSI article:

Are your panties bunched because you didn't buy one?

*shrug*

The guys that were on the floor & recognized the opportunity at hand should do well.

First to market usually commands a premium, right?

That was a killer show.

I was hanging out with him for 2 days. I got hooked up

**Alex (his handler / mgr) also gave me a copy of the Batman Adventures #12 Comic Con Box variant