• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,758 posts in this topic

Yeah. I have a feeling 9 will be the ticket. Cover appearance. Full appearance.

vs 7 which has a basically from-behind cameo without the cover appearance.

7 has about the same staying power as Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 for Girl Thor & Spider-Gwen.

except 7 is the first appearance of a character and that Hawkeye v Deadpool book was the first appearance of a costume.

Considering neither character said anything to prove that they were or weren't the same characters (1 being from a different universe entirely, and one that's got weird mystical powers that might have spent a few days in a parallel universe, we don't know), it's pure speculation either way. They look the same, therefore it's just your guess or mine whether it's just a costume appearance and not the character.

1 editors note or easter egg reference in a future issue & they're actually the same characters. Time travel/universe jumping/whatever comicbooklogic and it's retconned in.

Edited by Doktor

7 has about the same staying power as Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 for Girl Thor & Spider-Gwen.

except 7 is the first appearance of a character and that Hawkeye v Deadpool book was the first appearance of a costume.

Considering neither character said anything to prove that they were or weren't the same characters (1 being from a different universe entirely, and one that's got weird mystical powers that might have spent a few days in a parallel universe, we don't know), it's pure speculation either way. They look the same, therefore it's just your guess or mine whether it's just a costume appearance and not the character.

1 editors note or easter egg reference in a future issue & they're actually the same characters. Time travel/universe jumping/whatever comicbooklogic and it's retconned in.

Context must not exist in your world.

I'll never understand the hype for bad 1st appearance covers. First Spider-Gwen and now this new Iron Girl. I don't even want to see what 9.8 copies will go for. But flip them if you have them I guess. If she makes it to the movies, I assume they'll really be worth a lot. I'll stick to a cover I like and can actually display. Maybe I'll get her first issue.

Did either take off their mask & show that they're definitively NOT the same character? Nope. It's comics. Retcons happen all the time & suddenly we're in "test tube" territory, where 20 years later, a 1-off joke or piece of trivia thrown into the background of a panel suddenly becomes a "1st appearance"

Just got back from a couple of my LCS's. Still an abundance of II9, but I only saw 2 copies of II7.

then you should be buying them...I've sold the 4 I had up in 15 mins for about $20 each.

Well, it IS Marvel lol

Wasn't that discovered much later? #7 has been the market approved issue since the start of this over hyped spec.

Wasn't that discovered much later? #7 has been the market approved issue since the start of this over hyped spec.

If you haven't bought one yet, buy #9.

Existing market says no. As does recent history involving characters in similar situations and books.

Existing market says no. As does recent history involving characters in similar situations and books.

existing market says yes, buy a 9 (1st full app and 1st in costume and 1st on cover)..i sold 4 9s in less than 20 minutes just this afternoon. 9s are easier to find than 7s so why not just cash in with what people are buying.

Edited by krighton

existing market says yes, buy a 9 (1st full app and 1st in costume and 1st on cover)..i sold 4 9s in less than 20 minutes just this afternoon. 9s are easier to find than 7s so why not just cash in with what people are buying.

Existing market, this being completed ebay sales, has the women of power variant, the first print, and the second print of issue 7 selling for more than any version of issue 9. Your first full appearance is losing out to the actual first appearance. You can read the pre-heat speculation thread to understand why.

But yes buy the book with the lower resale value that is also the book that is easier to find according to you. Sound "investment" advice right there.

I bought my stash for cover and sold for 5x that so yes if you can find them buy them.....all youre missing is spreadsheets and youll have captured CBTs swagger to a tee

Edited by krighton

Didn't have any problem selling my 7 for above market today. I didn't list it till it made the TV news this morning.

Just ride the wave. These aren't comic book collectors driving these prices so it wont stay this way forever. Someone going to get caught holding the bag just don't let it be u.

This market is not same for 1st appearances that it used to be.

A few years ago I would have agree whole heartedly now its on a case by case basis.

Selling great as a pair.

That's how I'm going to offer them.

Both are WAY hotter than they deserve to be.

Interesting times.

I agree I can't imagine all the headaches this is creating for LCSs. Some of my local shops have to answer the phone repeatedly saying no I don't have that issue.