• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Batwoman plays a prominent role in the new DC Rebirth Detective comics yet there's no little to no interest in 52 Week 11 her 1st app...I know they printed a lot but is it the character or the issue that's the problem. She's always seemed to be outside the Batman universe doing her own thing, but now she's taking a somewhat center stage role in continuity.

I've been picking up her first appearances in the 52 Weekly series as well. She's a proven character at this point, and the new Detective Comics should only propel her upwards.

Batwoman plays a prominent role in the new DC Rebirth Detective comics yet there's no little to no interest in 52 Week 11 her 1st app...I know they printed a lot but is it the character or the issue that's the problem. She's always seemed to be outside the Batman universe doing her own thing, but now she's taking a somewhat center stage role in continuity.

She had her own series during the new 52 and it was great for awhile and nobody cared about her first appearance back then either.

She had her own series during the new 52 and it was great for awhile and nobody cared about her first appearance back then either.

That series she was in was awesome. A shame it didn't continue.

Nightwing I thought was pretty good, as well as Grayson, but I only read the first half year or so of the latter. Also, I thought Animal Man and Swamp Thing were cool from what I read.

But yeah, New 52 will pretty much be most fondly remembered for that excellent Snyder Batman run.

Batman was the only New 52 book I read to the end. Snyder did an amazing job on the title.

It is funny, but even if Batman is the only New 52 run to stand the test of time the relaunch was more successful than both of the Marvel restarts during the same time period. lol

Nightwing I thought was pretty good, as well as Grayson, but I only read the first half year or so of the latter. Also, I thought Animal Man and Swamp Thing were cool from what I read.

But yeah, New 52 will pretty much be most fondly remembered for that excellent Snyder Batman run.

I liked Nightwing, but didn't read much of Grayson.

Now that we have the rebirthing . . .can we all admit that the New 52 was Krap? lol

Batman was great. I really enjoyed Justice League Dark.

That's about all I will have fond memories of.

Snyder's Swamp Thing run was really good and Lemire's run on Animal Man was great as well.

Justice League Darkseid War was very good and probably some of the best covers ever put out by DC.

Batman Endgame was top notch on everything except the cover to #40. That was a WTF type of cover. lol

Agree about Lemire's Green Arrow. Sorrentino is an outstanding artist too.

Now that we have the rebirthing . . .can we all admit that the New 52 was Krap? lol

Batman was great. I really enjoyed Justice League Dark.

That's about all I will have fond memories of.

I really liked Justice League Dark, Batman and Catwoman.

Catwoman started out great, then took a very strange turn.

Justice League Darkseid War was very good and probably some of the best covers ever put out by DC.

Batman Endgame was top notch on everything except the cover to #40. That was a WTF type of cover. lol

Agree about Lemire's Green Arrow. Sorrentino is an outstanding artist too.

Haha, very true about Endgame -- loved the whole arc but that cover was such a head-scratcher (not so much the analogy as much as it was just completely disjointed in terms of style and theme from the rest of the issues). I've heard almost universally great things about Lemire's Green Arrow; I've had the deluxe HC in my Amazon wishlist for a while.