• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

What do yoh guys think about the potential (in a few years) of the Wonder Woman and Catwoman comics with Adam Hughes covers? Many of them already sell for over cover price.

It seems that now other Hughes Catwoman covers are getting more than they used to. It used to just be 2-3 from that run but now the others are doing well.

I used to find that run all the time but it's less and less more. Same with the Wonder Womans.

I have been snagging them from $0.50 or $1 bins the past couple of years with good success. They are there, but you need to hit the seller before the show opens to ensure you land them.

His Zatanna run is a bit tougher to find in the wild now as well.

I have been snagging them from $0.50 or $1 bins the past couple of years with good success. They are there, but you need to hit the seller before the show opens to ensure you land them.

His Zatanna run is a bit tougher to find in the wild now as well.

yeah most people stop their boxes at X (x-men) so any Zs are a tough find

You guys do realize that its not about "finding" them now.

Its more about price drop on eBay now

Remember the price drop for ASM #4 variant?

Fixed. Thanks for approving my statement

:makepoint:

:gossip: What's the price now.

This is the price now

Do you remember when ASM4 variants moved for 60-100 raw REGULARLY or did you forget?

This is the price now (65.00)

Just for the record, this book sold CONSISTENTLY for 100-250 raw for the past year.

Youre argument that someone is "bitter" because he/she couldnt find a copy is childish at best

What you really should argue is how many people HAD/ INVESTED IN copies and trusted Marvel's stock to not one day inflate the market and cause it to drop.

Edited by Aweandlorder

This is the price now

Do you remember when ASM4 variants moved for 60-100 raw REGULARLY or did you forget?

Just for the record, this book sold CONSISTENTLY for 100-250 raw for the past year.

Youre argument that someone is "bitter" because he/she couldnt find a copy is childish at best

What you really should argue is how many people HAD/ INVESTED IN copies and trusted Marvel's stock to not one day inflate the market and cause it to drop.

You put a link to one book of which the seller listed four times for under $30 BIN. That was just a good jump from the buyer.

Here's one recent sale as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-4-V-3-1-10-RAMOS-VARIANT-1ST-SILK-Cindy-Moon-/232059207943?hash=item3607ce8107:g:D4kAAOSwgZ1Xvkuw

It was selling for $25 when the packs came out. Yes, prices will fluctuate on both of these books, but as I stated, these are pretty major players so there is demand. Let's not make this a print run debate.

The UF #4 variant immediately fell off my personal want list when ChuckGower posted this list earlier this year:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9137981&fpart=3

Under "Ultimate Comics Fallout #4" in alphabetical order.

I guess they still had some left over even after that sales dump. doh!

-J.

The UF #4 variant immediately fell off my personal want list when ChuckGower posted this list earlier this year:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9137981&fpart=3

Under "Ultimate Comics #4" in alphabetical order.

-J.

In all fairness, that list is from 2013 and there's no way of knowing how many copies were made available. It could be 100 or only 10 and at the time (even a year and a half ago) UF #4 bagged was going for $2 or less.

UF #4 1:25 will still be a major key down the road IMO and it sure looks like a good time to buy now and in the next couple of weeks

Let's not make this a print run debate.

No. Lets NOT escalate this to a nickle and dime debate.

The Ramos/Djurdjevic Variants were RATIO BASED variant. Thats what Marvel tells us.

Thats what makes us collect and invest in Moderns and more specifically modern variants. Information. Otherwise whats the point in marketing them on such a complex structure base

Now they are to be had RANDOMLY in a non comic specialty store for anyone who wants them.

Again, dont get it twisted. This is NOT about print runs. This is not about a single 25 sale or a single 250 sale. This is about market inflation cause by UNDISCLOSED information.

This is market manipulation. This is EVERYTHING that we DONT wanna see in this industry

I have been hitting 3 of the 5 and Below's in south Jersey (Deptford,Blackwood and Turnersville) damn near daily for the past week, I'm working on a small paver walkway + 3 landing step installation job in Turnersville and these 3 spots are all on my way home from my jobsite....

and thus far have snagged a total of 5 copies of UF #4 1:25.

...which is cool, but that represents 6 trips to each shop and actually, it kinda sucks balls as the copies I have found all have color breaking spine ticks.All of them all are 8.0 to 9.0's.

None of the 5 copies I have bought will press out better than a 9.2.....maybe 1 will catch a 9.4.

I'm still going to each shop every day, though :insane::roflmao:

-J.

In all fairness, that list is from 2013 and there's no way of knowing how many copies were made available. It could be 100 or only 10 and at the time (even a year and a half ago) UF #4 bagged was going for $2 or less.

UF #4 1:25 will still be a major key down the road IMO and it sure looks like a good time to buy now and in the next couple of weeks

Just stop for a second and ask yourselves. Why is this a 1:25, or a 1:100, or a 1:5000???

Because this is supposed to be working on distribution quantities that are ordered by stores. These are RETAIL INCENTIVES

Weeks after distribution we get a market analysis from comichron which is usually reflected on sales on eBay and the likes.

No where does Marvel tell you that YEARS after said variant is distributed on a ratio basis will there be LEFTOVER STOCK up for grabs by the hundreds, maybe thousands. This is BS if I ever heard of it.

-J.

So sad that we have to have "inside information" to help us analyze a collectible's rarity or lack of.

-J.

Just stop for a second and ask yourselves. Why is this a 1:25, or a 1:100, or a 1:5000???

Because this is supposed to be working on distribution quantities that are ordered by stores. These are RETAIL INCENTIVES

Weeks after distribution we get a market analysis from comichron which is usually reflected on sales on eBay and the likes.

No where does Marvel tell you that YEARS after said variant is distributed on a ratio basis will there be LEFTOVER STOCK up for grabs by the hundreds, maybe thousands. This is BS if I ever heard of it.

You've just summed up the danger of investing in variants quite succinctly.

-J.

While it's obviously a disater for the UF 4, it is still the equivalent of a ligtning strike when balanced against how many variants are actually released in just one year by publishers.

Plus, the fact that It was an "event book" and a measly 1:25 doesn't help it's "rarity" much anyway. The 5 below inventory is more likely than not the last of the unsold overages. It seems to be the last stop for books of that nature after a variant dump.

That being said, the fact that someone (seemingly) ever paid $800 for the book is bonkers as the book is obviously more common than even other 1:25's that weren't over printed to meet a demand that didn't quite materialize.

-J.

-J.

This x 1000

This is the price now

^^