• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

Nice Pivot again, and way to keep trying to insult a reader who actually reads and understands the whole story better than you. I am sorry you aren't on the same level to follow along guys, it's ok though.

Isn't venom the symbiote with Eddie Brock, and other character the symbiote bonds with is not Venom. AKA spidey 252 is not the first Venom. This whole thing seems absurd.

^^ * I was afraid of getting jumped for saying that! Can we all just agree that cable and Deadpool number 50 is the first symbiote possessed Deadpool?

You guys said it!!! Not me!!! LMAO But that would make Flash "Not Venom" too!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We likely won't agree when some people are heavily invested in the What If Reprint, and might need to dump copies of it. I cannot remember who, but I remember a post talking about how someone nabbed close to 100 copies of the reprint what if, and they are likely hating this market choice of C&D #50.

C&D #50 is selling better than the What If part 1, but not the reprint which is par for the course being the reprint was hyped harder for longer. The What If Reprint is still not a 1st appearance book though and why that book should see a price correction back down to sub $100.

Neither C&D #50 nor the What If story is a Black Suit Deadpool Symbiote and why little DSSW #3 gets in there for the speculation fun.

At the end of the day it is still the 1st Venom Symbiote + Deadpool in a book selling well on eBay, and the topic is moderns heating up on eBay.

giphy.gif

Good point about Flash being Venom as well!

Interesting points all around. I read as well lol *if you were referring to me?* Im just not overly thrilled in the current direction of marvel. I stopped reading " new" around "dark reign".

But as stated regardless of value or availability, I feel dssw #3 takes the official honor.

Edited by maidenmate91

^^ * I was afraid of getting jumped for saying that! Can we all just agree that cable and Deadpool number 50 is the first symbiote possessed Deadpool?

Deadpool isn't possessed in the book, so no.

Riiiight...... because it's just normal for him to scream "I will eat your brains!"

Unless he wanted to say that himself, thats textbook possession dude.

Nice Pivot again, and way to keep trying to insult a reader who actually reads and understands the whole story better than you. I am sorry you aren't on the same level to follow along guys, it's ok though.

What pivot? Where is Venom in the issue? Where is Deadpool being possessed in the issue? You keep ignoring these two points when they are the only thing that matters in regards to defining Venompool's first appearance.

We likely won't agree when some people are heavily invested in the What If Reprint, and might need to dump copies of it. I cannot remember who, but I remember a post talking about how someone nabbed close to 100 copies of the reprint what if, and they are likely hating this market choice of C&D #50.

Being invested or not being invested in any of these books has nothing to do with their content and the truth. There is zero case to be made that Cable/Deadpool 50 is the first appearance of the character. See above.

Also, for what reason would someone need to dump copies of the What If book? A book that has had a stable market for years? A book that still sells far better than Cable/Deadpool 50? It's almost like there was a demand for the Young cover before Venompool was a thing. It's not like a cover alone can sell a book these days, right?

C&D #50 is selling better than the What If part 1, but not the reprint which is par for the course being the reprint was hyped harder for longer. The What If Reprint is still not a 1st appearance book though and why that book should see a price correction back down to sub $100.

Cable/Deadpool 50 selling better than the What If Iron man Demon in an Armor book isn't proof of anything. And I already refuted your assertion that the book has increased in price "naturally" by showing that it's price increase was the result of spreading misinformation on your part and the part of others. Followed up by ebay sellers taking advantage by claiming its the first appearance in their listing titles.

Also the Young cover reprint wasn't hyped by anything. That was popular before Venompool was a thing with future issues planned. That book exploded because of the Young cover. It doesn't necessarily warrant a price correction because it was never bought and sold as a first appearance issue, since it was a one-off character.

Neither C&D #50 nor the What If story is a Black Suit Deadpool Symbiote and why little DSSW #3 gets in there for the speculation fun.

So DSSW 3 is a costume change. Fantastic.

At the end of the day it is still the 1st Venom Symbiote + Deadpool in a book selling well on eBay, and the topic is moderns heating up on ebay.

Yes, this is the moderns heating up on eBay thread. As such there are monetary concerns regarding all information posted in this thread that pertains to comic books. That is why it's important to make sure the information in this thread is accurate and to correct inaccuracies when they appear. People aren't buying Cable/Deadpool 50 because of this word salad "1st Venom Symbiote + Deadpool" nonsense that you have come up with to save face via semantics.

The first appearance of Venompool is in the What If book. It's right there in the title where the writers propose and explore an idea and situation that had never happened before that. This is reality.

Riiiight...... because it's just normal for him to scream "I will eat your brains!"

And it's first act as a symbiotic pair is to effectively kill itself. Makes sense.

Also, I'm not your dude.

Textbook bath salts, dude.

And it's first act as a symbiotic pair is to effectively kill itself. Makes sense.

Also, I'm not your dude.

Wow your being a jerk. Dude is not an insult, listen to reason! I did not state that they were bonded as a symbiotic pair, I said he was possessed! When a person is overcome by a demon they seek an exorcism, they wouldn't bond with the demon that possessed them.They want to expel it, and that's exactly what Deadpool did.

Textbook bath salts, dude.

lol maybe, cgc notes: 1st deadpool high on bathsalts.

Also, I'm not your dude.

Wow your being a jerk. Dude is not an insult, listen to reason! I did not state that they were bonded as a symbiotic pair, I said he was possessed! When a person is overcome by a demon they seek an exorcism, they wouldn't bond with the demon that possessed them.They want to expel it, and that's exactly what Deadpool did.

Free will indicates the lack of possession. There is no Venompool character in Cable/Deadpool 50. There is an attempt by a symbiote to merge with Deadpool but the attempt fails. And again, it ain't Venom regardless.

Also, I'm not your dude.

Free will indicates the lack of possession. There is no Venompool character in Cable/Deadpool 50. There is an attempt by a symbiote to merge with Deadpool but the attempt fails. And again, it ain't Venom regardless.

I agree, I remember reading it in realtime as I bought it off the shelf. Cool issue, but it wasn't Venom. I kinda thought Deadpool was saying what he thought he should say if he was really possessed, but wasn't really possessed.

Also, I'm not your dude.

I never said cable and deadpool #50 was venom, that was Ultra Maximus. I'm just saying no matter what the argument was, even if for a brief sec. Deadpool was possessed by symbiote. The symbiote phrased a sentence through deadpools physical mouth against his will. I stick with my thoughts on dssw #3 even if it never gains value. That is my personal opinion not fact.