• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Man, you guys do not read comics :whatthe:

Read Marvel Comics Presents 3-6, you'll understand Rien's origin.

Sure I do, but not every comic. But thank you for the insight re: her origin.

I do wonder if anybody ever will pick up on the Jungle Adventure baby. That would be fun too.

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:
On 6/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, ygogolak said:

Yea, undercut the market and worry about yourself. Seems to be the norm these days.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, Brother J said:

Who else should I worry about? I want to sell my books and sell them at a price I am comfortable with, so what the hell does that have to do with anyone else?

Oh right, just as I said.

So we bleed the buyer instead? That logic makes no sense. 

That whole viewpoint of undercutting the market is ridiculous. Its a free market for a reason.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:08 PM, Brother J said:
On 6/23/2019 at 12:43 PM, fastballspecial said:

I paid like $1-3 for my copies so if I get $30-35 for a VF I am fine with it. I don't need maximum
profit and the buyer will come back. Some never learn that lesson.

Yeah, that's my eBay sales model, as well. As long as I'm making a decent profit, I don't need to get top dollar. Just need to find more time to list stuff.

Yeah controlling your cost and what you pay for books serves you well over time. It has for me as well.

Don't get me wrong if I have a NM+ copy I am going to ask for the going rate for that copy.
That and I actually put a grade on my books that I sell.

2 hours ago, divad said:

Wow, really good prices on those issues. 

Patrick 

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That whole viewpoint of undercutting the market is ridiculous. Its a free market for a reason.

What people fail to realize, it seems, with undercutting is you are perpetuating that act. You think you are the only one who is going to undercut like there isn't someone waiting to undercut you?

If you want to realize market value, put it up for auction. No way to be mad about that.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

What people fail to realize, it seems, with undercutting is you are perpetuating that act. You think you are the only one who is going to undercut like there isn't someone waiting to undercut you?

If you want to realize market value, put it up for auction. No way to be mad about that.

What I don't understand is the mantra of "repeat buyers" when setting a low price.

1. If you set that price the repeat buyers will expect that type of discount going forward.

2. You don't really need repeat buyers as I'm sure a lot of "new" buyers would be interested in a large discount.

7 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I wanted to relate to the current debate and typed typed typed but then I deleted everything and decided that this is the appropriate reply:

:popcorn:

you got to fight for your right, to paaaaarty!

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yup, and if the market is organically strong, one underpriced copy will be sucked up immediately, with no real effect on prevailing price.

21 minutes ago, 500Club said:
15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yup, and if the market is organically strong, one underpriced copy will be sucked up immediately, with no real effect on prevailing price.

No one's ever accused me of undercutting the market . . . :grin:

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

What I don't understand is the mantra of "repeat buyers" when setting a low price.

1. If you set that price the repeat buyers will expect that type of discount going forward.

2. You don't really need repeat buyers as I'm sure a lot of "new" buyers would be interested in a large discount.

This is true of any business. If you go into a venture with a low price to create a relationship with the client, there is a great potential that when you raise your price to market value they will go looking for the next lowball price. Not always, but there is always that potential.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

This is true of any business. If you go into a venture with a low price to create a relationship with the client, there is a great potential that when you raise your price to market value they will go looking for the next lowball price. Not always, but there is always that potential.

Loss leaders have a great potential to fail?