• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Spawn has a new set of collectors readers in the past year with the hype machine that McFarlane has become on social media 

new collectors want to collect a series with great art hard to find variants and is still a continuing series

these books may not maintain their current values but I don’t see them dropping like others

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Sounds like finally some books you have none of 

Yes, of course, but no. My multiple Spawn runs stop just before #100, when I think many a collector abandoned ship on the title. Those are still producing some nice change for me :bigsmile:

3 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Spawn has a new set of collectors readers in the past year with the hype machine that McFarlane has become on social media 

new collectors want to collect a series with great art hard to find variants and is still a continuing series

these books may not maintain their current values but I don’t see them dropping like others

Two years ago, you would have said exactly the opposite . . . please don't make me do the work though. lol

1 minute ago, divad said:

Yes, of course, but no. My multiple Spawn runs stop just before #100, when I think many a collector abandoned ship on the title. Those are still producing some nice change for me :bigsmile:

I think those collectors are starting to pick up 101-300 according my sales 

51 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I would advise you the same I advised SA and GA collectors when Guardians of the Galaxy got big and the 1st Groot appearances were sky rocketing.
Sell when everyone wants them. Not when the price is so high everyone is selling them.

The big question is whether one would be heartbroken if they were never able to buy them back on the cheap later on. Sure, the prices might go down when interest wanes, but that might make people hesitant to sell the at the cheaper prices. If you own them and you're interested in owning them because you like them, then maybe keep then. If it's more a matter of cash, then sell when the price is high. Sure, it could go higher, but will it?

Just now, divad said:

Two years ago, you would have said exactly the opposite . . . please don't make me do the work though. lol

McFarlane has a ton of followers and he hyped up his 300 well. People noticed, people started to buy the series again. people remembered the spawns from before 

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The big question is whether one would be heartbroken if they were never able to buy them back on the cheap later on. Sure, the prices might go down when interest wanes, but that might make people hesitant to sell the at the cheaper prices. If you own them and you're interested in owning them because you like them, then maybe keep then. If it's more a matter of cash, then sell when the price is high. Sure, it could go higher, but will it?

That, of course, is always the big question.

Just now, divad said:

No "modern reader" has any desire to complete a run - that's a history of long ago. :sumo:

Sounds good. You’re right, no one wants the spawn books, Drek, drek drek.

lets get back to Milestone.

found a blood syndicate 1 collectors edition today 

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

Sounds good. You’re right, no one wants the spawn books, Drek, drek drek.

lets get back to Milestone.

found a blood syndicate 1 collectors edition today 

I didn't mean to imply that no one wants them, but their motivation isn't a complete run. Now Blood Syndicate is one. cool. book. :banana:

Btw, Hector is kind of off the charts for a first name (no offense) But the only Hector(s) I have known (good friends) have been Latino (again no offense intended if you take it that way.)  Cheers,

d

3 minutes ago, divad said:

Btw, Hector is kind of off the charts for a first name (no offense) But the only Hector(s) I have known (good friends) have been Latino (again no offense intended if you take it that way.)  Cheers,

d

I am Mexican