• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

As far a low print runs. Savage Dragon has a slew of books under 4500 for a series that lasted for over 200 issues

feel free to quote this in 2 years when Savage Dragon becomes the Spawn of 2022

With the print runs, I would agree if it got hot.  

I just don't know why he would get hot.  Marginal character, ehh story, and artwork is so-so. 

I like Larsen's work but some of my least favorite is from that title. 

BUT, with what's getting hot today, who the hell knows anymore. IMO, it would need the Invincible animated to do well, follow suit, and then be successful. 

Patrick

2 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

With the print runs, I would agree if it got hot.  

I just don't know why he would get hot.  Marginal character, ehh story, and artwork is so-so. 

I like Larsen's work but some of my least favorite is from that title. 

BUT, with what's getting hot today, who the hell knows anymore. IMO, it would need the Invincible animated to do well, follow suit, and then be successful. 

Patrick

If they decided to make an animated cartoon, that would pop a bit.  ORRRR, in the event of a Spawn movie, if there was a Savage Dragon easter egg or post-credit scene.  

Part of my post was tongue in cheek but part of it is - tell me what’s the later issue you’ve seen of Savage Dragon in the wild 

I think it’s silly what’s happening and being speculated on the Milestone characters 

but I’ll take that money 

Static 45 while rare is probably more valuable because of the artist on the cover than the character involved 

17 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Part of my post was tongue in cheek but part of it is - tell me what’s the later issue you’ve seen of Savage Dragon in the wild 

I think it’s silly what’s happening and being speculated on the Milestone characters 

but I’ll take that money 

Static 45 while rare is probably more valuable because of the artist on the cover than the character involved 

flyingdonut has been talking about the merits of that book for years...I suspect he's half over the moon with the prices it has been getting...assuming he's been stockpiling, of course.

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

As far a low print runs. Savage Dragon has a slew of books under 4500 for a series that lasted for over 200 issues

feel free to quote this in 2 years when Savage Dragon becomes the Spawn of 2022

i will never finish my reader run of #100 and up :frown:

Edited by paperheart

40 minutes ago, paperheart said:

i will never finish my reader run of #100 and up :frown:

i recently picked up a collection that had 1-73, then 101-121, 129-173 (discount stickers on the cover). There were a few 130-160 that were not damaged that I put to the side.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

i recently picked up a collection that had 1-73, then 101-121, 129-173 (discount stickers on the cover). There were a few 130-160 that were not damaged that I put to the side.

and yet these aren't the really hard to find ones (200+)

2 hours ago, PeterPark said:

flyingdonut has been talking about the merits of that book for years...I suspect he's half over the moon with the prices it has been getting...assuming he's been stockpiling, of course.

I have a few. :banana:

7 hours ago, revat said:

If they decided to make an animated cartoon, that would pop a bit.  ORRRR, in the event of a Spawn movie, if there was a Savage Dragon easter egg or post-credit scene.  

There already was a Savage Dragon animated show

15 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Fixed.

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Thats fair. It gives us a good idea. Confirms what I knew, but I would have thought 45 was much lower then the others.
I can find 39-43 occasionally. 44 I have found one copy over the years and 45 I have found 3.

11 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Similar. Been looking for about 8 years. Never found a 44. Two 45's at the same time. 

Very interesting those estimated numbers are ~

It'd also be interesting to find out how many copies actually survived, and what's rather amusing is that Static #45 is't even the rarest/lower print-run estimate of the Milestone books ~

Edited by Bart Allen

5 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Very interesting those estimated numbers are ~

It'd also be interesting to find out how many copies actually survived, and what's rather amusing is that Static #45 is't even the rarest/lower print-run estimate of the Milestone books ~

No, but it is the only one with a Moebius cover.