• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Hawkeye 1 and 11 from the 2012 series picking up this afternoon (1st appearance of Lucky Pizza Dog and an AMAZING stand-alone story focusing on the dog in 11).

Great to see such an awesome run finally getting more attention this year, with #9 also becoming sought after earlier.

Great I have several of those.. hope they all sell by the time I wake up tomorrow

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

Hawkeye 1 and 11 from the 2012 series picking up this afternoon (1st appearance of Lucky Pizza Dog and an AMAZING stand-alone story focusing on the dog in 11).

Great to see such an awesome run finally getting more attention this year, with #9 also becoming sought after earlier.

Series was so good. 11 was so good.

Patrick

10 hours ago, littledoom said:

New Avengers 9 2016 1st American Kaiju seeing some action 

New Avengers #0 had a cameo with his name and image shown (5 months earlier), it's actually labelled his 1st appearance in the Marvel Database. I wonder if the buying public is unaware of it, cause it hasn't moved at all.

2 minutes ago, boomtown said:

New Avengers #0 had a cameo with his name and image shown (5 months earlier), it's actually labelled his 1st appearance in the Marvel Database. I wonder if the buying public is unaware of it, cause it hasn't moved at all.

Zero issues usually have high prints runs and aren't favored in the secondary market

3 hours ago, boomtown said:

I believe it’s also all previews of upcoming books which definitely takes away from it as well. 

5 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I believe it’s also all previews of upcoming books which definitely takes away from it as well. 

Yeah, I agree, it's just a cameo but people do collect them (esp. in todays market). While it is a preview, it is presented in new stories, not just previewing material that will appear in the books release. It also had, among others, the 1st appearance of the 616 Ultimates and Robert Maverick's (Red Hulk) 1st cameo.

10 hours ago, boomtown said:

It wasn't on Key Collector. The only reason that #9 is moving.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:21 PM, littledoom said:

but is the sale legitimate?

On 12/1/2020 at 8:28 PM, carter3175 said:

I'm certain it is.  This is crazy and I can admit that.  A 9.6 sold for $4200 and recent raws sold for $900 and$1200.

Are you saying you're certain it's a legit sale strictly based on the previous (ridiculous) 9.6 sale?

8 hours ago, BishopT said:

There was a line around the store yesterday morning, I imagine for King in Black, but all the Daredevil 25s were gone (literally) in under 1 minute of doors opening.

guess the 2nd print is worth picking up huh

11 hours ago, littledoom said:

There’s also going to be a 1:25 incentive for the second print so numbers will be much higher for the print run. There’s a lot of people pumping and dumping this particular issue. 

Edited by Corona smith

13 hours ago, littledoom said:

Daredevil 9's selling

Hawkeye 8 (first Kazi) soon to move.. joining 1, 9, & 11.. the later prints sell faster

Avengers 19 1st Swordsman (I know it's SA but it's being wiped off ebay)

He's not in #8 (I know that's what the wikia says).

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

There’s also going to be a 1:25 incentive for the second print so numbers will be much higher for the print run. There’s a lot of people pumping and dumping this particular issue. 

I think it will be the first of the big 2 books that I know of where the second print will be more than the first.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

More copies, you mean?  I always assumed that New Mutants 87 2nd print were more abundant that the 1st.

Yes, more copies. Could be, I was thinking more recent books in the later printing craze. I don't see as many 87 2nds that would make me think that though.

18 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes, more copies. Could be, I was thinking more recent books in the later printing craze. I don't see as many 87 2nds that would make me think that though.

Maybe I think that just because of personal experience. I picked up 10 or more second prints when they came out. Only have my one 1st print. I figured we don't see as many second prints because they're not as valuable so people don't bother selling

15 hours ago, littledoom said:
23 hours ago, BishopT said:

There was a line around the store yesterday morning, I imagine for King in Black, but all the Daredevil 25s were gone (literally) in under 1 minute of doors opening.

Thats what I was think there is no way that book is short printed. But since the window is long I am not sure either will be low printed.

Edited by fastballspecial