• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Why are your torn? I would be selling all day. No one can guarantee this money flowing out will continue for another couple of years. Which is how long
before I live action would see any day. I wouldn't be holding anything back currently. Especially when I know you dont have much in them.

With many of these issues still listed at $3-6 I would not be blowing them out just yet. In gonna hold out for double digits on the run filler. The book has 15k print runs, that should happen.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Edited by the blob

31 minutes ago, the blob said:

With many of these issues still listed at $3-6 I would not be blowing them out just yet. In gonna hold out for double digits on the run filler. The book has 15k print runs, that should happen.

Ah greed. Runs the world. Remember its a key world now. Sell your sets while you can. 2c

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I have two sets of Invincible 2-50 that I bought out of a dollar box two years ago. I am torn as to whether to sell them now or sit and wait for the live action/season two. As great as the show is, I've had multiple cons since the start of the show and have had two total requests for the title. It seems like an online book anyway, but I have another 4 shows in the next 6 weeks and would love any advice.

This is coming from a fan since the MOTU preview, I would sell now if it's not a collecting interest.  

I sold my 2nd set about 2 years before the show and regret it.  Would love that set to sell now. 

The 2 thru 12 are pretty sweet. 

Patrick

58 minutes ago, the blob said:

Since when did gambit 1 gold become a $100 book??

It has been hanging around that price for a while.  Originally movie spec with possible Channing Tatum, but kept having issues. That book didn't really come back down. 

3 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The current CLink auction has one that its current bid is $2,000 and still a day left.  When you add tax and BP that ebay sale will still probably end up cheaper.  

I'm rich

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Ah greed. Runs the world. Remember its a key world now. Sell your sets while you can. 2c

I have thousands of $10-15+ books to sell that were $3-5 books not long ago before I bother with $4 books. Its a matter of limited hours in the day. Tnmt don't need to be keys to be double digits. Just low print run. Invincible is low print run. Every low print run spawn is double digits. When WD was hot every issue under 100 was double digits. Deadpool 1st series almost was. I know it is crazy in this market, but invincibles selling for $3-5 is too cheap!

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I have two sets of Invincible 2-50 that I bought out of a dollar box two years ago. I am torn as to whether to sell them now or sit and wait for the live action/season two. As great as the show is, I've had multiple cons since the start of the show and have had two total requests for the title. It seems like an online book anyway, but I have another 4 shows in the next 6 weeks and would love any advice.

I would be scared to sell that run now. So tough to complete. That’s definitely a hold for me. Prices are higher now than they’ve been before. And the issues are so low print run and rare. Mix that w demand and you’re always getting top dollar especially with a full run. I’d wait and see how prices increase over time. The shows been renewed for at least 2 more seasons. Maybe could go to 5-6+

2 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Some 9.8's have sold @ $200 plus on eBay.

I'm talking raws. $100 seems low end for a nice one recently actually. I own a couple, so I definitely fished them out of dollar boxes. They were in a mutant title box I sorted a long time ago. I looked them up 4 or 5 years ago and saw $7-10ish sales and decided on more aging.

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

Ghost Rider 1 2011 has really blown up from a cold $15-20 comic to $50.. even the 0.1 gets $30... available copies for both are around a $100+ .. even Marvel Age 87 are highly listed. 

Not sure what’s driving the ghost rider love, but I recently sold a copy of #1 from the 90s series that had a subscription crease, for over $20. In any other market period, I would have thrown away or gave that book away with damage like that.  

Edited by awakeintheashes

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

I would be scared to sell that run now. So tough to complete. That’s definitely a hold for me. Prices are higher now than they’ve been before. And the issues are so low print run and rare. Mix that w demand and you’re always getting top dollar especially with a full run. I’d wait and see how prices increase over time. The shows been renewed for at least 2 more seasons. Maybe could go to 5-6+

I decided to sell off one set this year and hold a set for reasons already stated by others.  The prices realized for the early issues has been great and you just do not know for 100% if demand will be there in the future.  So I hedged my bet and we will see if it was a smart move or not.

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

I am perplexed that some of the issues even below 50 are still $5 or less. But since I looked at prices a week ago I do seem an upward trend even on run filler books. 

Both my kids (9 and 15) love it. Indeed, the 9 year old wanted to watch it before Falcon/WS. 

But yes, at the end of the day (and both read the comic online, or at least some of it, or youtube videos summarizing it), even if they wanted to collect, they'd probably want keys. The question is, aren't keys sort of evolving a bit on this book? 3 weeks ago I looked up 23 because I have 2 copies and nothing much. Now all the cheap copies were bought up and you can't get it for under $15, with all recent sales there or more, presumably because the character on the cover (voiced by Seth Rogen) is going to have more of a role moving forward.

In a way it is nice I never read the comics, even though I had a stack of them, although I knew what this week's episode was going to lay out because it made sense. Ditto with Walking Dead, I read a few non-major issues, so the show is all a surprise. Ditto GOT.

So when is the frigging Goon movie coming?

Edited by the blob

9 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Idk. A raw high grade copy of Goon 1 sold for $500 recently. It’s probably worth every penny. Too many years looking and still no cigar. 

yeah, i was watching that, it looked like a nice copy, I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a raw copy. if it turns out to be an 8.5 or 9.0 you haven't done yourself any favors. it doesn't help that there are 2 other obscure books claiming 1st app status too