• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, brentdevil said:

I think the "Rosen" variant was drawn by John Romita Sr. In fact, not to give myself any credit at all, but I think I knew it was a farce from the start since the doctored "Artie Rosen" sketch in Wizard was very obviously late stage Romita Sr, that I mostly chalked up to a Wizard gag. The SDCC variant is by Lee though- I actually like that one better with all the pulpy blue printing dots, the incentive is just one of those white background things Marvel liked to do a la Ultimate Spider-Man 1, but to each his own.

That cover looks way more Jae Lee than Romita sr. I could see it maybe being a loose pencil Romita sr with Jae Lee doing the finishes. The face could imply that, but the detail on the body is 100% Lee. The "Rosen" sig is also something that looks more like it was done by Jae Lee than Romita. Looking at the Wizard sketches now they are very obviously Romita.

It's also not just a white background. Don't disrespect the krackle. 

Also, the blue cover is dumb looking, but that's just my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
9 hours ago, littledoom said:

That’s what I’ve been saying but no one seems to believe me 

If I believed that with any conviction at all, I'd be buying as many as I could. Free thousands in a year or two...

Agree if it was that profitable you would see people bending over backwards. The book will only slowly appreciate
for awhile now its growth will need something bigger now. I can think of many other books I would put that type of 
money in that have larger audiences.

37 minutes ago, cujobyte said:

I just got outbid on a Batman Beyond #1 cgc 9.8 with my $2100 bid. Safe to say, think I'll stick to bronze/silver age or just sell everything with this crazy market lol. 

The current CLink auction has one that its current bid is $2,000 and still a day left.  When you add tax and BP that ebay sale will still probably end up cheaper.  

I have two sets of Invincible 2-50 that I bought out of a dollar box two years ago. I am torn as to whether to sell them now or sit and wait for the live action/season two. As great as the show is, I've had multiple cons since the start of the show and have had two total requests for the title. It seems like an online book anyway, but I have another 4 shows in the next 6 weeks and would love any advice.

10 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The current CLink auction has one that its current bid is $2,000 and still a day left.  When you add tax and BP that ebay sale will still probably end up cheaper.  

Someone on FB posted 12x heading to CGC. Meh I'll just check back in 6 mo's to a year on this book. Trying not to follow FOMO or anything else these days. Should have bought it yrs ago lol. 

9 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I have two sets of Invincible 2-50 that I bought out of a dollar box two years ago. I am torn as to whether to sell them now or sit and wait for the live action/season two. As great as the show is, I've had multiple cons since the start of the show and have had two total requests for the title. It seems like an online book anyway, but I have another 4 shows in the next 6 weeks and would love any advice.

I've picked up books on the cheap. As well seen them for sale marked up or on live Facebook sales, and not many pickers, I've picked a few low hanging fruit that I didnt find cheap elsewhere. 

My point, comments whe books go up I see are," I'd pick up those books I know they're hot I just dont know anything about it"

So I feel alone, but would love to hear from you if sales pick up

As I said I've found books on the cheap but mostly avoided the higher price of issues #1-20 as the market is new and dont want to be in deep

I'd love to hear anything new, although I want to slab and keep for collective purposes but, have heard "animations dont spark as much interest yadda yadda" but again I have Hope's since it is for mature audiences and also I dont know if Amazon as a platform is ideal

40 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Why are your torn? I would be selling all day. No one can guarantee this money flowing out will continue for another couple of years. Which is how long
before I live action would see any day. I wouldn't be holding anything back currently. Especially when I know you dont have much in them.

Same. I sold every Invincible book I had over the last couple of weeks, and was very happy with the money. In some cases, VERY happy. Who knows what will happen? Chances are you'll run across the books again before the movies ever happen. They're out there, if you dig. In the meantime, make hay while the sun is shining!