• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,852 posts in this topic

You're right bro, the show could indeed fail.

That's not going to stop any run-up of pricing before the hammer falls.

The show is "in development" - there's no guarantee it'll even make it on the air :shrug:

My understanding is that the BBC has committed to a full season. Since they produce their own shows, it's not like Peter will have to make it through "pilot season". The show has already gotten the green light.

The show is "in development" - there's no guarantee it'll even make it on the air :shrug:

For goodness sake man - how many more times?

Its not a pipe-dream, it's real.

Wiebe confirmed it, in person, on film at SDCC.

The BBC has commissioned Peter Panzerfaust to be a Television series.

They have committed to a full season.

JJ and I may differ on who will be the lead (both have been approached) but it's a done deal.

There will be a season of Peter Panzerfaust made and aired.

Jeebus man, did Kurtis bump your missus or something as you are so hoping this will fail.

2. Considering demand. Walking dead is huge. However, PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience. If the show is quality, and the comic story can draw people in, things will explode. If not then, speculators will be looking to dump those stocks.

Not looking to argue, but want to discuss this point. You state "PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience." I assume you are talking about it being based on Peter Pan?

This isn't necessarily aimed only at Mike's Rack, so please anyone chime in: Is Peter Pan really a broader audience than the zombie genre?

For goodness sake man - how many more times?

Its not a pipe-dream, it's real.

Wiebe confirmed it, in person, on film at SDCC.

The BBC has commissioned Peter Panzerfaust to be a Television series.

They have committed to a full season.

JJ and I may differ on who will be the lead (both have been approached) but it's a done deal.

There will be a season of Peter Panzerfaust made and aired.

Jeebus man, did Kurtis bump your missus or something as you are so hoping this will fail.

Here's the Image Expo interview with Wiebe from earlier this month:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46453

What stage are the "Peter Panzerfaust" adaptions at right now?

As far as the motion comic goes, they're working on it now. They haven't given us any hard deadlines or any set dates like that. They've given us some idea, but it's nothing that I can speak to yet. Same with the live-action adaptation. That portion is just starting out, but I did ask if I could mention the show was happening and they said I could talk about it. I do know a bit more information, but I can't really speak to it as much as I'd like to.

Here's what Wiebe said a week ago in the PP thread:

There has been no live action casting or production at all at this point.

The only thing resembling completed production is the motion comic.

Really can't make that any more clear.

So ... again ... pardon me for not taking you at your word, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for you to come up with a link to the press release announcing that BBC has committed to a full season of PP, right?

If there truly is a full season commitment from the BBC for PP (even though, according to Wiebe, no production or casting has been done), that would be huge - I just find it odd that there's no mention of this anywhere on the web :shrug:

2. Considering demand. Walking dead is huge. However, PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience. If the show is quality, and the comic story can draw people in, things will explode. If not then, speculators will be looking to dump those stocks.

Not looking to argue, but want to discuss this point. You state "PP has the potential to be even bigger because it is based on a subject matter that appeals to a broader audience." I assume you are talking about it being based on Peter Pan?

This isn't necessarily aimed only at Mike's Rack, so please anyone chime in: Is Peter Pan really a broader audience than the zombie genre?

PP plus WWII...Sure it's not going to be Audie Murphy (I shouldn't know who that is) or Tom Hanks but people eat up WWII stuff.

WD is so good it was able to break out of the zombie genre. PP doesn't really have to worry about being initially stereotyped as genre-fodder and becoming a "surprise hit" Sure, it needs to make it to air and have the right cast, but it may have an easier road to becoming bigger.

Edited by awakeintheashes

No worries, this is the place for discussion. My take is that zombies appeal to a niche market mostly males 18-35 (though not exclusively by any means). Peter Panzerfaust combines two themes, Peter Pan, a century old popular character that has withstood the test of time and World War II, another theme that cuts across demographics and appeals to the young and old. I think it has the potential to be bigger. Walking Dead has expanded beyond the 18-35 male demographic because it is good drama. If PP can produce some good drama, I think it has more potential than WD but, that is a big if and it is a long shot, nowhere near a sure thing.

No worries, this is the place for discussion. My take is that zombies appeal to a niche market mostly males 18-35 (though not exclusively by any means). Peter Panzerfaust combines two themes, Peter Pan, a century old popular character that has withstood the test of time and World War II, another theme that cuts across demographics and appeals to the young and old. I think it has the potential to be bigger. Walking Dead has expanded beyond the 18-35 male demographic because it is good drama. If PP can produce some good drama, I think it has more potential than WD but, that is a big if and it is a long shot, nowhere near a sure thing.

Peter Panzerdead? ... hm