• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia...and Comics

18 posts in this topic

A stripper friend of mine turned me on to this show a couple of months ago. I don't know how many of you watch this awesome show, though it's parallel to comic books (more specifically, how show presents itself chronologically) is kinda interesting to me.

The show has the same ensemble cast each week partaking in a very wacky, debaucherous and hilarious adventure. The show does go against the grain of most new shows as there isn't a long, drawn out storyline that runs in through the episodes. You can watch an episode from any season, then watch another from any other season and you won't be lost.

I've been hooked on it and am part way through the 5th season and just realizing how refreshing it is to be able just to put on an episode and enjoy it for what it is. This is akin to comics up to the 80s, when at most you'd have a 2 part story. You could pick up pretty much any random issue and you'd have your self contained story.

While it's fun to follow a long storyline like Heroes , Lost, etc., and to have longer lingering storylines in comic books, Always Sunny reminds me of the good ol' days...

I never really made the connection to comics, but a friend turned me onto ASiP around the beginning of Season 5... I watched Seasons 1-5 in like 2 weeks... absolutely freaking hilarious.

Pretty sure I've read that Season 7 will be the last, and so far it's absolutely keeping up with the high level of hilarity I've come to expect.

You had me at 'a stripper'. :applause:

That was a little Easter egg... ;)

Plus I figured it would make a CSB post ionteresting for a Friday :)

Edit: Totally true about who told me, BTW...