• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albany comicon 2011 report!

19 posts in this topic

The Albany comicon was Sunday October 30th. I was going to work that day but, seems the trees were loaded with snow, I thought I would go to the con. It's getting larger each year. There were some different dealers set up, including Tomorrow's Treasures and nostalgic collectibles. I'm guessing the attendance was over 1000 people. Several were dressed up in costumes.

I see one of my pics for the guest list is partial. :(

Albanycon2011017.jpg

Albanycon2011018.jpg

Albanycon2011019.jpg

Nostalgic Collectables had a huge selection of OA with many covers. Going through his boxes I saw about 100 file copies of Captain America. I saw a coverless copy of Action #9. He had many key SA books. A very nice guy to talk with too.

Albanycon2011010.jpg

I looked at an Action #54 at Tomorrows Treasures. It had slight resto, which was noted. He had an extensive list of Actions with him. I noticed an Action #16 I asked to see it, then noticed sc written beside it so, I said nevermind I wasn't interested in restored books. He assured me it had not been restored, only conserved.

Albanycon2011009.jpg