• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silly Putty

20 posts in this topic

When we were young, how many of us have used Silly Putty to suck the ink off the interior pages of a comic book?

The commercials always portrayed it as being cool, but even when I was 7, I noticed that when you did this it all but took all the ink off the spot.

I did it a few times but wasn't impressed since it was ghosting panels out of my funny books.

I wonder what CGC would do to the grade with a whole interior panel removed via Silly Putty. hm

When we were young, how many of us have used Silly Putty to suck the ink off the interior pages of a comic book?

The commercials always portrayed it as being cool, but even when I was 7, I noticed that when you did this it all but took all the ink off the spot.

I did it a few times but wasn't impressed since it was ghosting panels out of my funny books.

I wonder what CGC would do to the grade with a whole interior panel removed via Silly Putty. hm

:hi:

My kid got some Silly Putty years ago as a party favor, learned about that same trick from me, and tried it with a modern Archie comic.

There must be something different about the modern glossy paper and the production process in general...because it didn't work at all... :sorry:

Interesting question. I used it a lot also but not comics. I mainly played with the silly putty on newspaper comic strips.

I showed my law partners 7 year old how to lift the pictures from some of the Bronze books I have given them just a couple weeks ago. It doesn't work as well with comic books as it does with the Sunday funnies.

I showed my law partners 7 year old how to lift the pictures from some of the Bronze books I have given them just a couple weeks ago. It doesn't work as well with comic books as it does with the Sunday funnies.

I only recall doing it with the newspaper strips.

It worked well but not so well as to remove the image from the paper.

At least, as I recall.

I'm old now & my brain is befogged by too much internetting.

Interesting question. I used it a lot also but not comics. I mainly played with the silly putty on newspaper comic strips.

Same here! (thumbs u

And it had a funny taste.

Thank God! I thought I was the only one who did that. :whistle:

I was always afraid to put it in my mouth. It had an odd smell, I didn't want to experience the taste. :eek:

I"m guilty of that as well.

I also did some cutting out panels and top left of cover character images, and incorporated them somehow into Viewmaster or some such contrivance. Although I can't remember with clarity what the device was.

I remembered it being able to bounce.

Speaking of bounce, Greggy's Wonder Woman is allegedly made

of 534 eggs of Silly Putty, but I may be wrong to quote such rumors...