• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay scam of my AF 15 6.5

51 posts in this topic

OK, i sent the "seller" of Hawkman's AF#15 CGC 6.5 on eBay a message yesterday morning before the listing ended asking her to post a picture of the back of the book (obviously, hoping that she could not do it since it is not in her posession). She replied sometime last night.

Here is our email exchange...

ME:

"Hi, can you post a picture of the back of the book?

thanks."

HER:

"I'm contacting you about the Amazing Fantasy Spiderman #15 CGC Grade 6.5. My ebay account was suspended because I listed this high value item. Ebay said I'm too new to sell such high amount. I can sell this to you for $9,000 if you are still interested. I accept Paypal. My ebay account is suspended so I understand if you don't want to buy this anymore. Please email me at shirley_chenoweth@yahoo.com

I think the picture I have is good enough already. Thank you

Shirley"

9k for a 6.5?!? Whats that, less than half gpa?

I'd jump on it!!! :devil:

It truly is amazing the balls people have trying to pull this kinda . I guess i have a different view of the world because if i scammed someone for 9K, id be looking over my shoulder EVERY second of the day afraid of getting freaking KILLED by the person i scammed! :eek:

I own this book, I've posted it in the AF 15 thread about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when I sold my 7.5. Beware of this person, and I have reported him to ebay.

What I find even more disturbing is this woman may even be a member of this board therefore.

I already sent her a message telling her to go to hell.

I think you should report her to the police. There's enough evidence to convict her of attempted fraud.

:o

You can notify the authorities. They should press charges. Attempted fraud is a crime, particularly when larger sums of money are involved.

This woman's act needs to be shut down for the good of collectors everywhere.

:preach:

I own this book, I've posted it in the AF 15 thread about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when I sold my 7.5. Beware of this person, and I have reported him to ebay.

What I find even more disturbing is this woman may even be a member of this board therefore.

I already sent her a message telling her to go to hell.

I think you should report her to the police. There's enough evidence to convict her of attempted fraud.

:o

Wouldn't this fall under the jurisdiction of the FBI?

Theres so much fraud on the net, it's useless to try to do anything about it.

Keep in mind that she was caught redhanded. If there's no consequences for her, what does this tell her about the downside with respect to continuing to cook up scams? If she gets away with it, great! If she doesn't, well then so what?

:preach:

I did contact authorites, the FBI doesn't mess with cases under like 150,000. It's ebay's responsibility at this point.

Well ... its because of "loopholes" like this that people like this continue to plague society. Very disappointing... :(

I did contact authorites, the FBI doesn't mess with cases under like 150,000. It's ebay's responsibility at this point.

Well ... its because of "loopholes" like this that people like this continue to plague society. Very disappointing... :(

The office you are suppose to contact is the Attorney General from home state of the seller for fraud, even if the transaction crosses state lines.