• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

When I was a smartass 12 year old, I kept using the word "sarcastical"...despite being corrected by my family members more than once...

True story.

That's almost a sniglet.

I'm going to use that repeatedly at work tonight to see if anyone corrects me.

What does wrestling have to do with this? ???

There used to be a show out here called Dr. Dimento,they would always play parodies of songs.Weird Al Yankovich got his start there. (thumbs u

It was Dr Demento :gossip: I used to listen to his show religiously in the 70's on

KMET out of LA. I recorded a lot of his shows onto cassettes and still have

them around here somewhere. His show introduced me to the Ramones and the

song Blitzkrieg Bop. I knew I wanted to play in a punk band after that. :)

Oh and Stir Of Echoes > 6th Sense

I love "Stir of Echoes"! Very entertaining from start to finish. Even if it is a mashup of several other movies, that's okay because it's done so well (I feel the same way about "The Frighteners").

I concur.

I have not read the last 50 or so pages. (I am sorry, I lost interest) So forgive me if this has been mentioned already.....

Did anyone notice the AF15 sold for $750 less this time? That reflects poorly on GPA (I know, I am captain obvious). But how many bidders, did not bid this time, because they seen the same guy, list the same book in a 2 day window?

I have not read the last 50 or so pages. (I am sorry, I lost interest) So forgive me if this has been mentioned already.....

Did anyone notice the AF15 sold for $750 less this time? That reflects poorly on GPA (I know, I am captain obvious). But how many bidders, did not bid this time, because they seen the same guy, list the same book in a 2 day window?

You were the first to mention this information. Thanks.

i think it was due to the fact that the last auction, there was a bidding war between lemmonman5's brother and some other bidder that needed to have it.

this time, there wasn't, it went from $1755 to $2095 in the last minute.

Should have done a second chance offer like myself and many others suggested...

:whistle:

edit:

Way back on page one if anyone remembers that far back...

When I was a smartass 12 year old, I kept using the word "sarcastical"...despite being corrected by my family members more than once...

True story.

That's almost a sniglet.

I'm going to use that repeatedly at work tonight to see if anyone corrects me.

What does wrestling have to do with this? ???

It took me a second, and then I giggled quite a bit.

Should have done a second chance offer like myself and many others suggested...

:whistle:

edit:

Way back on page one if anyone remembers that far back...

maybe he did and the 2nd bidder had buyers remorse after he came down from his adrenaline rush.

that's why i posted in this thread after the relisting, that there's no way the book was gonna sell that high again.

ebay sucks. Sell stuff here.

no one would have bought it at "X" listing price. buyers are mostly frugal on here.

True, this place is full of cheapskates! lol

Seriously, I think ebay is a horrible place to sell expensive comics. Just too many issues (sellers and buyers). I avoid it like whenever possible.

If not listing it on this forum...how about a monthly auction site?

Seriously, I think ebay is a horrible place to sell expensive comics. Just too many issues (sellers and buyers). I avoid it like whenever possible.

not true. sparklecitycomics did really well with their 'saginaw collection' books on eBay.

I thought the only thing 12 year olds did was to lock themselves in their mom's bathroom for hours to read the JC Penny catalog. Sometimes I would take the one that was from 5 years back, just for kicks

True story

christmas catologs? great stuff in the later 60's,early 70's
(thumbs u Yessss sir!

not true. sparklecitycomics did really well with their 'saginaw collection' books on eBay.

Sure, there are plenty of deals that go down that are great. Maybe i'm just the unlucky one who ends up having people do a buy it now when they live in Croatia or they buy something and back out or don't pay. I've had too many bad situations on ebay for me to use it often.

But, your mileage may vary.

I thought the only thing 12 year olds did was to lock themselves in their mom's bathroom for hours to read the JC Penny catalog. Sometimes I would take the one that was from 5 years back, just for kicks

True story

christmas catologs? great stuff in the later 60's,early 70's
(thumbs u Yessss sir!
i am not sure but the 1968 or 69 wish book was loaded with major matt mason stuff!! boy,am i telling my age