• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

The dude won the auction... 5 min later complains about the price. Then why would you bid on it??

The dude won the auction...

The dude was ready to pay...

The dude never said a word about not paying...

The dude never asked for a way out of the deal...

The dude may have thought he overpaid but was still willing to abide by it...

Yes the dude abides....

He may have complained that he overpaid, while preparing to pay you every last cent of the auction price....but it really doesn't compare to your level of complaining over a canceled sale you created 100% all on your own, now does it?

Welcome to my world. Only, not generally this obvious.

:cloud9:

Aww Dammit!! Is the thread over already? The RMA postmortem has begun, that usually signals the circling of the bowl.

The new gif you added was fun, for about 2 posts, then my adblocker ate it :P

You're lucky - my Safari hangs up on every thread that it's in when I try to scroll!

Switch to Firefox or Chrome and install ad block plus, problem solved (shrug)

Tried that - those browsers are too clunky. I'm on the web constantly with work - Safari is very pared down, works fast and quicker to use. All I use Firefox for is my proxy when I need to download stuff or access sites anonymously. I DL'd Chrome but didn't like it much a year or two - haven't bothered with it since.

You are getting more like TheBlackHand everyday.

Perhaps he's getting more like me. I am unwavering, my friend, and that would be a huge waver.

1. You are a river unto your people.

2. I read the last part as "and that would be a huge boner."

Don't know why.

This thread is yet another microcosm of the general psychology of the board...

Incorrect.

You only had five posts in 31 pages, you hadn't stretched the nested quotes limit to the max, and you hadn't sneered at the required six posters and got into an argument with four of them.

Aww Dammit!! Is the thread over already? The RMA postmortem has begun, that usually signals the circling of the bowl.

I have not yet seen Mikenyc's summary. Therefore this thread is still kicking. RMA can put away the scalpel for a bit.

Tried that - those browsers are too clunky.- Safari is very pared down, works fast and quicker to use. All I use Firefox for is my proxy when I need to download stuff or access sites anonymously. I DL'd Chrome but didn't like it much a year or two - haven't bothered with it since.

clunky, seriously ? Just how old is your 'puter ?

But give Chrome another go, I didn't like it at first either, default layout sucks and needs some tinkering.

But i'll take clunky over crashing any day, but thats just me :popcorn:

Tried that - those browsers are too clunky.- Safari is very pared down, works fast and quicker to use. All I use Firefox for is my proxy when I need to download stuff or access sites anonymously. I DL'd Chrome but didn't like it much a year or two - haven't bothered with it since.

clunky, seriously ? Just how old is your 'puter ?

But give Chrome another go, I didn't like it at first either, default layout sucks and needs some tinkering.

But i'll take clunky over crashing any day, but thats just me :popcorn:

I don't like Chrome. Don't know why.

Of all the browsers ever invented, Safari is the absolute worst. I can't believe anyone actually uses it.

Firefox is the way to fly. Clunky is the last thing in the world I'd call it.

I'm just now reading this thread, and all I have to add is that this thread, and threads like it, are why I no longer find network sitcoms entertaining and/or funny.

At all.

Here's the actual PM exchange again....

The seller says "OK Cool" when the buyer wants 3-4 days to pay.

Then gratuitously offers to let him out of the deal.

It's like Kris Humphries telling Kim it's ok to keep the ring and then suing her to get it back. Too TMZ? (shrug)

My story aside (which if people want, I can probably prove with my call records from that day and a receipt from the Walmart I was at that shows the time of purchase), here are a couple of pms. I was ready to pay, but then it was suggested that the seller can pass it along to the next buyer.

Hey, I won the auction. I can pay you within 3-4 days if that is ok. It ended at almost exactly the same price we originally agreed on, lol.

Ok cool..Thanks.

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

I'll let you know tomorrow. My brother might be willing to pay the difference.

I need to know by today. Thanks

Also when I can expect payment...

You're probably better off passing it on. Sorry about all the confusion.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here. If you want to pay for the item, then don't make the suggestion. Its as simple as that.

That being said this is my last post here. I will complete any transactions I have going, but won't post after that. I could care less if people think of me as a bad guy and a tool. Everyone makes mistakes and apparently I have to take full blame for this one.

Wow, I can't believe I stuck up for the OP last night. I have learned two things from this.

Firefox is the way to fly. Clunky is the last thing in the world I'd call it.

It can eat a lot of ram, depends on how many tabs you open.

I currently have 14 tabs open and FF is using almost 400mb, but not a problem on modern computer with 4GB ram or more.

First site came across when i googled safari+hang+gif

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php//t-999247.html

Something about snow leopards and unicorns (shrug) ( :baiting: )

This thread is yet another microcosm of the general psychology of the board...

Incorrect.

You only had five posts in 31 pages, you hadn't stretched the nested quotes limit to the max, and you hadn't sneered at the required six posters and got into an argument with four of them.

See what I mean?

Here's the actual PM exchange again....

The seller says "OK Cool" when the buyer wants 3-4 days to pay.

Then gratuitously offers to let him out of the deal.

It's like Kris Humphries telling Kim it's ok to keep the ring and then suing her to get it back. Too TMZ? (shrug)

My story aside (which if people want, I can probably prove with my call records from that day and a receipt from the Walmart I was at that shows the time of purchase), here are a couple of pms. I was ready to pay, but then it was suggested that the seller can pass it along to the next buyer.

Hey, I won the auction. I can pay you within 3-4 days if that is ok. It ended at almost exactly the same price we originally agreed on, lol.

Ok cool..Thanks.

Hey I was reading where you thought you paid too much for the book...if you think your not going to be happy let me know and I'll offer to the next guy.

I'll let you know tomorrow. My brother might be willing to pay the difference.

I need to know by today. Thanks

Also when I can expect payment...

You're probably better off passing it on. Sorry about all the confusion.

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars worth of items on this board and have never backed out of a deal in the 4 years I've been here. If you want to pay for the item, then don't make the suggestion. Its as simple as that.

That being said this is my last post here. I will complete any transactions I have going, but won't post after that. I could care less if people think of me as a bad guy and a tool. Everyone makes mistakes and apparently I have to take full blame for this one.

Wow, I can't believe I stuck up for the OP last night. I have learned two things from this.

Was one of them to never start a land war in Asia?