• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con - April 21-22 2012

184 posts in this topic

Nice list...guess I'll haveta score me a Wrightson sig...Swamp Thing 1 comes to mind, any better suggestions?

House of Secrets 92?

I guess either of those is as good as anything. It's also a bit predictable. I'd go for something a little more unique. A little more off the radar.

Nice list...guess I'll haveta score me a Wrightson sig...Swamp Thing 1 comes to mind, any better suggestions?

What do you like? You could do Hulk 197, COTL 10, Tower of Shadows 9, any of dozens of House of Mystery books, Swamp Thing, Twisted Tales 2.

Any suggestions on cheap hotels for this Con? I typically don't like paying more than $60 for a hotel (but don't mind taking public transportation from the hotel to the Convention). We are thinking of going out there this year, and would love some tips in advance! Thanks!

Try Dedham or anything north of Somerville on rt 93. There are a bunch of places just off 93 or 495 (rt 495 will take you a bit longer to get into the city though). The orange line goes up 93 north and connects to the green line, which will take you pretty much anywhere in Boston (not that I use the T much, but I did previously). As far as staying in Boston, you're SOL at that price...

Any suggestions on cheap hotels for this Con? I typically don't like paying more than $60 for a hotel (but don't mind taking public transportation from the hotel to the Convention). We are thinking of going out there this year, and would love some tips in advance! Thanks!

Try Dedham or anything north of Somerville on rt 93. There are a bunch of places just off 93 or 495 (rt 495 will take you a bit longer to get into the city though). The orange line goes up 93 north and connects to the green line, which will take you pretty much anywhere in Boston (not that I use the T much, but I did previously). As far as staying in Boston, you're SOL at that price...

How long have you lived here in Ma Andy? The orange line doesn't travel north up 93. It starts at oak grove in melrose, goes through Malden, Charlestown, and into north station. Yes you can get the green line from it but you aren't getting on the orange line in Woburn,Stoneham,Wilmington, Reading(where I live) or any other place around here. The regular train runs through most of these towns. Hotels in Woburn Stoneham are the best shot but they won't be 60/ night, the red roof inn in woburn would probably be cheapest, you can get to the convention center in 20 minutes or so. Hotels aren't cheap in this area as I stated before, and if you go all the way up to the 495 belt it will take you 45 minutes to get into the city.

I took the commuter from haverhill to haymarket then got on the green line in Boston (Park St. maybe?). I guess I confused the commuter rail with the line it goes to - it's probably been 2-3 years since I've done that commute. Ever since I moved to Jamaica Plain, I drive to work - only 4 miles away (off of Harrison Ave. in the South End).

My bad! (shrug)

I took the commuter from haverhill to haymarket then got on the green line in Boston (Park St. maybe?). I guess I confused the commuter rail with the line it goes to - it's probably been 2-3 years since I've done that commute. Ever since I moved to Jamaica Plain, I drive to work - only 4 miles away (off of Harrison Ave. in the South End).

My bad! (shrug)

I'm sorry lol didn't mean too come across the way i probably did. Haverhill to Haymarket must have been a biatch to do everyday. We have so many trains,subways, buses it isn't funny.JP is an interesting mix, I like it down by the Jamaica way. I have a buddy that lives near there in chestnut hill the Brookline part.

:foryou:

No offense taken - I was the guy giving bad advice! doh!

We actually live right near the Jamaica Way - right near the pond and the arboretum. We're looking into Brookline - we have a little guy on the way and they have an excellent school system!

You must be doing ok in life if you can afford to live in those areas lol. I used to go on drives late at night with my oldest son when he was a baby and wouldn't fall asleep. I would drive through Boston then onto route 9 and drive around Brookline and marvel at some of the houses down there. Then I would come through Newton hello big expensive again. I would be gone for 3 hours sometimes trying to get him too sleep.

Some of the houses are just :ohnoez:

We are very fortunate, we were able to find a very nice place when the market crashed (well at the beginning of the crash) - thank god the wife doesn't spend like I do and has top 1% credit! We definitely are looking forward to looking for a one family at some point, but we are most definitely content right now!

but hey! Reading, and anywhere off that 93 belt, is pretty nice too, you know! (thumbs u

Oh yeah I can't complain life is very good for the most part. It's always been good around here having 128 and 93 plus the commuter rail. It is ideal for people who work in Boston and for the tech companies in the area.