• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con - April 21-22 2012

184 posts in this topic

What kind of lines can be expected for a guy like Sinnot or even Trimpe? I assume the Kevin Eastman line will be 3 hours long but what about some of these older guys that a lot of people may not have such an attachment to?

I got a sneak peak today at my LCS (October Country in New Paltz, NY), which had some surprising guests, including Trimpe and Sinnott. Trimpe didn't make it, which is too bad because he's a very nice guy. The shop is small, so there was only one line for all the creators, but it was worth it to see them. I saw a friend there who said that he waited longer to see Sinnott at this signing than he did at a recent show in NYC, so I suspect Boston will be fairly quick, unless someone is getting a bunch of stuff signed. I hope Sinnott isn't too busy there - it turns out he and my grandfather both served in Okinawa in 1945 with the SeaBees, and I'd love to hear some stories.

Bazborg

The following artists who were originally scheduled to attend will not be attending:

Sergio Aragones

Brian Azzarrello

Greg Capullo

Amanda Conner

Phil Jimenez

Jimmy Palmiotti

:(

The following artists who were originally scheduled to attend will not be attending:

Sergio Aragones

Brian Azzarrello

Greg Capullo

Amanda Conner

Phil Jimenez

Jimmy Palmiotti

:censored: I just bought an old label Pacific Groo #1 just so I could have Sergio Aragons sign it.

Sergio Aragones

Brian Azzarrello

Greg Capullo

Amanda Conner

Phil Jimenez

Jimmy Palmiotti

:censored: I just bought an old label Pacific Groo #1 just so I could have Sergio Aragons sign it.

And I just bought 100 copies of XO 0 for Palmotti to sign! Another dollar wasted!

(seriously, sorry to hear about that Toro. What did you pay for that Pacific Groo #1?)

Sergio Aragones

Brian Azzarrello

Greg Capullo

Amanda Conner

Phil Jimenez

Jimmy Palmiotti

Aragones has been canceled for at least 6 weeks, maybe longer. He had surgery.

Sergio Aragones

Brian Azzarrello

Greg Capullo

Amanda Conner

Phil Jimenez

Jimmy Palmiotti

And I just bought 100 copies of XO 0 for Palmotti to sign! Another dollar wasted!

(seriously, sorry to hear about that Toro. What did you pay for that Pacific Groo #1?)

Not much, I bought on the boards, but it would have been my first SS book. It's probably best, I might have gotten hooked on SS books. lol

Does anyone have plans together together after the show for dinner ? (shrug)

Have plans to eat some overpriced Fenway franks while wearing my Yankees shirt :headbang:

Have plans to drink some overpriced booze while possibly wearing no shirt :banana:

Does anyone have plans together together after the show for dinner ? (shrug)

Have plans to eat some overpriced Fenway franks while wearing my Yankees shirt :headbang:

Have plans to drink some overpriced booze while possibly wearing no shirt :banana:

:applause:

"BOSTON COMIC CON 2012 AVENGERS T-SHIRT

ugly2012.jpg

BOSTON COMIC CON 2012 - April 21-22, 2012

The official Boston Comic Con 2012 t-shirt is here!

This is your chance to own this limited edition t-shirt exclusively designed by artist Stephanie Buscema (granddaughter of the legendary Marvel artist, John Buscema) and approved by Marvel Comics solely for the fans of The Boston Comic Con.

We will be printing a limited number of these shirts and they will be sold only at the 2012 Boston Comic Con. This is a one of a kind collectors item. At a price of $20 we expect these shirts to sell out fast. Get yours while it lasts!

'Nuff said."

Goddamnn is that ugly. I will not be buying one of those.

Quick newbie question. I recently signed up for CGC and got my coupon in the mail, but I haven't used it yet. I saw on the CGC website that they will be accepting books at the Boston Comic Con and I was wondering if I can use my coupon with books that I bring to the show or not. It would certainly save me the hassle of shipping them.

Thanks for the help.

Quick newbie question. I recently signed up for CGC and got my coupon in the mail, but I haven't used it yet. I saw on the CGC website that they will be accepting books at the Boston Comic Con and I was wondering if I can use my coupon with books that I bring to the show or not. It would certainly save me the hassle of shipping them.

Thanks for the help.

You may be better served asking in comics general about that. Although I would be curious as well lol .