• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con - April 21-22 2012

184 posts in this topic

Seriously I need to crash with some one for Boston comic con.

You might get more of a response if you posted this in comics general. Some people might give you grief that it's kinda off topic but given the utter turd OT garbage that gets posted in CG sometimes, I say screw em. Good luck finding a roomy.

Nice list...guess I'll haveta score me a Wrightson sig...Swamp Thing 1 comes to mind, any better suggestions?

What do you like? You could do Hulk 197, COTL 10, Tower of Shadows 9, any of dozens of House of Mystery books, Swamp Thing, Twisted Tales 2.

Just put "Wrightson" into a GCD search: http://www.comics.org/. Don't forget the Plops he did and Creepy # 63! I've met Bernie 3 times already so I'm always looking for something weird for him to sign now.

Last year I made the biggest mistake. I purchased my tickets on line through the Boston Comic Con site. I figured I would be able to zip right in (yeah right) I was corralled around the back or the line about 800 deep. There was nobody in the line paying cash. Infact I had second thoughts about just paying cash to get in, but paying twice is against my religion. This year I will pay cash and screw that online waste of time BS.

Last year I made the biggest mistake. I purchased my tickets on line through the Boston Comic Con site. I figured I would be able to zip right in (yeah right) I was corralled around the back or the line about 800 deep. There was nobody in the line paying cash. Infact I had second thoughts about just paying cash to get in, but paying twice is against my religion. This year I will pay cash and screw that online waste of time BS.

Can you elaborate/explain a little more? Are you saying you bought a ticket online, but when you got to the show, you had to wait on line with everybody else, even if they didn't have a ticket and were buying one at the door?

At Wizard World Chicago last year, I bought VIP online. I had to wait in line for hrs to get my badge and enter.

Later that year at Mid-Ohio I went right up to front of line and paid cash for my ticket not one person in front of me, bypassing 100-200 people who bought tickets online or were paying with credit card.

Can you elaborate/explain a little more? Are you saying you bought a ticket online, but when you got to the show, you had to wait on line with everybody else, even if they didn't have a ticket and were buying one at the door?

Pretty much what happened to Chunkybutt happened to me. I planned to walk right in after buying my ticket approx 1 month in advance. When I arrived, I had to get behind everyone else with an online ticket (appeared to be several hunderd), but if I had no ticket, I could have bypassed the line and ben the only person in the CASH line, paid and went in, before all the online ticket purchasers.

Pretty much what happened to Chunkybutt happened to me. I planned to walk right in after buying my ticket approx 1 month in advance. When I arrived, I had to get behind everyone else with an online ticket (appeared to be several hunderd), but if I had no ticket, I could have bypassed the line and ben the only person in the CASH line, paid and went in, before all the online ticket purchasers.

Did you share that with the con promoter? The year before I stood in a horrendous line for hours while they let people in, in dribs and drabs because the crowd was too large for the venue they chose. I made it a point (as did a lot others) to let them know we were not happy.

Goddamnn that's BS! Thanks for posting this info/story. I haven't bought my ticket yet, and I'm not sure what to do now. Does the new venue have a chance of selling out (meaning I'll have no problem paying cash at the door?)? Jeffro, is your story about the place they're holding it at this year or the old place? (I've only been to the Steranko and Infantino shows at the old place). Thanks!

"I'm the man from the hamburger dude!"

Jeffro, is your story about the place they're holding it at this year or the old place?

My story was from the venue they used in 2010. The highlight (sarcasm) was the cop coming out at one point and berating us (yes, berating us) about not being whiny little (my words, not his) and complaining about not being able to get in. Guy was a real .

Last year was the first year that the show started selling on line tickets. We weren't really prepared properly for the experience. This year we will be significantly increasing staff to pre-scan tickets while people are in line in order to expedite advance ticket holders entering the show. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced last year.

Last year was the first year that the show started selling on line tickets. We weren't really prepared properly for the experience. This year we will be significantly increasing staff to pre-scan tickets while people are in line in order to expedite advance ticket holders entering the show. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced last year.

(worship)

:grin: