• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I remember...

65 posts in this topic

I remember buying George Perez Avengers pages out of the Comic Buyer's Guide for $15 each.

I remember SELLING George Perez Avengers pages out of the Comic Buyer's Guide for $15 each. :cry:

I remember selling comic books online through bulletin boards because people hadn't gotten into Ebay yet. Not to mention using Prodigy or AOL to access it was slow on a 14.4 modem, paying $3 per hour for internet usage. I sold my coveted VF/NM Hulk 181 on there for $165.

I remember buying my first expensive back issue - Wolverine limited series #1 - from a silent auction at the Cinderella City comic book shop in Denver. I think I won it for $6 and that was pretty expensive for a 11 year old kid.

I remember rotary phones, no remote controls, three hours of cartoons on Saturday, disco, calculators the size of a loaf of bread, 8-track tapes....

And many times, I think I was happier then (shrug)

+1. :preach:

+2 (sans disco)

Yeah - probably one thing I really don't miss from the 70s but I did Super Freak a bit.

Hey I'll take Disco over the that passes as music today!! At least you could dance to it! Now the spandex on guys that I could do without!

I remember trading my bag full of sports cards that I won playing cards (set up against the wall and throw another at them and if you knock them all down you win) for DD #1!

Watching Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night as a family! The fascinating thing is that no one was uncomfortable watching the shows together as there were no innuendos or inappropriate story lines! Try doing that today!

I remember pining over a high grade TOS 39 for months on my LCS wall, then buying it for $300 after I graduated from high school with my graduation gift money. Still have it raw :cloud9:

I remember actually sticking wacky package stickers on everything and going to Jaws in the theatre.

I remember most of you people are full of mess.

I remember my first year on the boards and it was awesome seeing all

the incredible books and how great the Marketplace was after buying

mostly over graded crapola from E-bay and then you guys realized I was

full of mess. :blush::P

I remember selling you some nice books. :cloud9: