• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Comic-Book-Related Real Life Stories

10 posts in this topic

So there I was last evening reading JLA (1997) #18 and #19.

This is the story arc called Synchronicity (Part 1) and Seven Soldiers of Probability (Part 2).

Pretty good read...it's about probability and uncanny coincidence, heightening it to absurd levels due to a scientist devising an item that can manipulate probability and its outcomes, for example - every person with the last name of Dixon in the state of Idaho all contract Typhoid at the same time or seven separate villains all decide to assassinate the President independently at the same time.

So here's a story about uncanny coincidence that I'm reading.

As I'm almost done reading part 2, my daughter suddenly comes to mind.

I think to myself, "Self, I called her a few nights ago but there was no answer, I should try calling her again."

As that thought was finishing, the phone rang.

I answered it, it was my daughter.

The hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end.

I had to look around the room to see if the JLA were present.....

So let's hear about any weird real-life stories you may have that relate to comic books.

I bought hundreds and hundreds of comics off the stands right through the bronze and copper ages, yet mysteriously I somehow managed to avoid purchasing any books that went onto become keys or in any way unusually valuable. Weird.

:tonofbricks:

I bought hundreds and hundreds of comics off the stands right through the bronze and copper ages, yet mysteriously I somehow managed to avoid purchasing any books that went onto become keys or in any way unusually valuable. Weird.

I always seemed to not buy the one book in a run that turned out to be a key or otherwise have any value. I thought I was the only one with that uncanny buying prowess.

I always seemed to not buy the one book in a run that turned out to be a key or otherwise have any value. I thought I was the only one with that uncanny buying prowess.

We shall be brothers in our failure my friend :foryou:

Me too.

Having a super power is awesome. :insane:

lol!

Yeah I remember picking up IRON FIST 14 off the shelf and thinking "This Wolverine rip-off Sabretooth character will never take off, I'm not wasting my 30 cents"...so I put it back and bought GODZILLA #1 instead. Now there's a comic worth buying!

Yep, I too have that super-power.