• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

If I had it to do over again, I would not have said that.

Be careful what you wish for, when I got the opportunity to go back to talk to the girl that I was Incredibly in love with in High School, well...we married 20 years ago, had kids, and bought a home in California..... and last year I found out that two of my three kids aren't mine, she was an addicted gambler who lost our house in a poker game, and she has been a practicing Lesbian for three years....

If I could do it over again, I'd still be with Joana and my son Jimmy....Before I destroyed it in a rage of fury, that damn Time Machine proved to be nothing but trouble!!!

Be careful what you wish for, when I got the opportunity to go back to talk to the girl that I was Incredibly in love with in High School, well...we married 20 years ago, had kids, and bought a home in California..... and last year I found out that two of my three kids aren't mine, she was an addicted gambler who lost our house in a poker game, and she has been a practicing Lesbian for three years....

If I could do it over again, I'd still be with Joana and my son Jimmy....Before I destroyed it in a rage of fury, that damn Time Machine proved to be nothing but trouble!!!

So where does the unicorn fit into all of this?

So where does the unicorn fit into all of this?

Well...it depends...which one?...the Red South Mesopotamian Carnivorous curved-Horn Unicorn or The mini Zapotec Green Haired Long-Horn Unicorn?

I'm sorry this happened. It sounds like you've experienced a lot of loss.

I hope things turn around for you and that you can appreciate the beauty and love you currently have.

I hope things turn around for you and that you can appreciate the beauty and love you currently have.

Chill dude..

Don't trip..potatoe chip...

I never really had a time machine.

orrrr did I? hm

Chill dude..

Don't trip..potatoe chip...

I never really had a time machine.

No trippin here.. Mr.beer

orrrr did I? hm

I think I broke the thread again.

Things aren't going your way.

When that happens to me, I like to stop & take stock. Make sure all my affairs are in order.

You might want to check your fly.

The only order I ever placed with them took forever and yes, each grade came back at least a half to a full grade lower. I chalk it up to the nature of the business and don't take it too personal. Now if they came back restored, we'd have issues...

Any book I've bought that someone ELSE bought from them raw was the same. I would only buy slabbed from Metropolis going forward.

Edited by Mr.Illmannered

Anyway, I checked up on this -- he's right, there was no scan, which is not unusual, since at the time we were drowning in unscanned books and have since caught up, which is nothing short of a miracle. I don't have a record of him having requested one, but this was sold back in 2009, so I may just not have searched properly. I'm disappointed he hadn't contacted us right away, as we could have resolved things pretty quickly, as this was a raw book. We accept returns for any reason on raw books within 10 days of the customers' receipt of the book, just for the record. Without a scan of the book, I can't say for sure what the issue might be, I'm afraid.

Also, folks, you can always contact us with problems directly! Email, phone call, carrier pigeon. We won't bite, unless it pays well. I check my email with almost psychotic frequency, so I usually respond pretty quickly. And as for scans, we have someone working full time on nothing but scanning books, so even $2 cheapies are getting scanned for the site. We're adding 300-500 books a week to inventory, which means we're invariably behind a bit, so email or call if you don't see a scan for a book you're interested in, we'll try to get it pulled and scanned as fast as possible. The only exceptions are books which are off-site or consignments for which we have to badger the seller, but 95% of what's unscanned on the site, I can get you an image pretty quickly by request.

I think that should answer everything. I am now crawling back under my desk for a well-earned nap. Play quietly.

Frank

Metropolis

orders@metropoliscomics.com

212 260 4147 x10

Well, when you complain about a company on a message board and they show up to give you an explanation - doesn't get much better than that. Hell, I'd probably do future business with Metro simply because Frank cares enough to address a complaint. Kudos to Frank and Metro.

I give Frank full Kudos as well for coming on here and giving his side as well...pretty rare in many businesses anymore!

Anyway, I checked up on this -- he's right, there was no scan, which is not unusual, since at the time we were drowning in unscanned books and have since caught up, which is nothing short of a miracle. I don't have a record of him having requested one, but this was sold back in 2009, so I may just not have searched properly. I'm disappointed he hadn't contacted us right away, as we could have resolved things pretty quickly, as this was a raw book. We accept returns for any reason on raw books within 10 days of the customers' receipt of the book, just for the record. Without a scan of the book, I can't say for sure what the issue might be, I'm afraid.

Also, folks, you can always contact us with problems directly! Email, phone call, carrier pigeon. We won't bite, unless it pays well. I check my email with almost psychotic frequency, so I usually respond pretty quickly. And as for scans, we have someone working full time on nothing but scanning books, so even $2 cheapies are getting scanned for the site. We're adding 300-500 books a week to inventory, which means we're invariably behind a bit, so email or call if you don't see a scan for a book you're interested in, we'll try to get it pulled and scanned as fast as possible. The only exceptions are books which are off-site or consignments for which we have to badger the seller, but 95% of what's unscanned on the site, I can get you an image pretty quickly by request.

I think that should answer everything. I am now crawling back under my desk for a well-earned nap. Play quietly.

Frank

Metropolis

orders@metropoliscomics.com

212 260 4147 x10

Well, when you complain about a company on a message board and they show up to give you an explanation - doesn't get much better than that. Hell, I'd probably do future business with Metro simply because Frank cares enough to address a complaint. Kudos to Frank and Metro.

I give Frank full Kudos as well for coming on here and giving his side as well...pretty rare in many businesses anymore!

And yet even that wasn't good enough for old dramafarmer doh!

RickL, all demons and hypocrites will crumble to dust. Unfortunately, that includes ourselves. Do not despair.

There are powers unimagined in this universe that will come for us at the time of death.

The pagans remember the train of Diana, a train of a thousand beautiful faeries and loving animal beings that come for us at the time of death.

The Buddhists document the 33 heavens that are open to all beings.

The Christians pray for the open gates where Jesus awaits us.

In this world of dust and suffering, we have lost our origin. Albert Einstein said that the most important decision any of us will ever make is whether or not to believe that this is a friendly universe.

I may be one of the few but this guy rules lol.

RickL, all demons and hypocrites will crumble to dust. Unfortunately, that includes ourselves. Do not despair.

There are powers unimagined in this universe that will come for us at the time of death.

The pagans remember the train of Diana, a train of a thousand beautiful faeries and loving animal beings that come for us at the time of death.

The Buddhists document the 33 heavens that are open to all beings.

The Christians pray for the open gates where Jesus awaits us.

In this world of dust and suffering, we have lost our origin. Albert Einstein said that the most important decision any of us will ever make is whether or not to believe that this is a friendly universe.

I may be one of the few but this guy rules lol. Then again I had to live in the Tenderloin in SF for years and starting growing fond of the insane-o's that lived outside.

Edited by Mr.Illmannered

They will live on, they will increase,

no longer pawns of time.

They will grow like the sweet wild berries

the forest ripens as its treasure.

Then blessed are those who never turned away

and blessed are those who stood quietly in the rain.

theirs shall be the harvest; for them the fruits.

They will outlast the pomp and power

of lawmakers, whose meanings will crumble.

When all else is exhausted and bled of purpose,

they will lift their hands, that have survived.

--Rilke 1903

They will live on, they will increase,

no longer pawns of time.

They will grow like the sweet wild berries

the forest ripens as its treasure.

Then blessed are those who never turned away

and blessed are those who stood quietly in the rain.

theirs shall be the harvest; for them the fruits.

They will outlast the pomp and power

of lawmakers, whose meanings will crumble.

When all else is exhausted and bled of purpose,

they will lift their hands, that have survived.

--Rilke 1903

Here I sit, broken hearted, came to sh**, but only farted

-Darth E Vader (The VIII)... 1782