• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

OK, let me try to clarify this.

1. It is not irrelevant. They posted where someone asked an opinion of New England's grading. You did not add your experience to an existing thread that was discussing Metropolis' grading.

2. Personally, yes, I see it as a problem. 2 years after the fact makes it a non issue for me. Had I had a problem, I would have contacted them and tried to work something out. Maybe they would have given you some credit for the "overcharge", as you put it.

3. This goes hand in hand with #1. You did not add your experience to a discussion about Metropolis' grading. Again, had you done that and posted your experience, I am certain you would be looked at differently. You may very well be right about them overgrading and overcharging you and I won't deny that. All I am trying to say is that the way that you started out with your original post, makes you look foolish, Instead of providing some insight into a possible issue with Metropolis, you came across as vindictive.

4. This is not about whether or not I have been cheated. This is about the fact that you did not contact them to try and resolve the problem. Had you contacted them, as I said before, maybe they would have come to a solution that was amicable for the both of you. But, since you asked. Yes I have been cheated. When I have, I have always tried to work things out to a positive conclusion as soon as it was discovered. Sometimes it worked in my favor, sometimes not. But, I have never waited 2 years to try.

5. I am happy that you have a book that you always wanted. I am not trying to talk down your acquisition of it, just the way you handled the situation. Their are many ways to solve an issue, person_without_enough_empathying about it 2 years after the fact is not one of the good ways to do it.

If you please, another poem by Chia Tao (779-843).

At your remote temple

there are many tall trees;

with the skies clear,

I think again of visiting.

Stone chimes carry

over ditched field water;

autumn moonlight

enters Ts'ao-t'ang Temple.

Dotted with ants and lichen,

your cave is peaceful;

cicadas outside hide

in dense cypress needles.

You've often thought of traveling

to the sacred mountains'

wen will you come

to Sung-shan?

aszumilo, thank you for keeping to your 5 points.

#1 is a double standard. I won't accept it.

#2 I don't care what Metropolis is willing to do to make up for it. At present you are out of touch with your own emotions. Which is something,most likely, we all share in common.If a dealer misrepresented a comic to you, it doesn't matter how many years pass, you are going to have a negative feeling about them. Is this not true? Is this not true for everyone?

#3 I was wrong to wish that the karma sets in on them. That is just plain wrong.

#4 A few days ago, I spoke with Frank at Metropolis. He offered to take the comic book

back. He did not offer to pay shipping. We have a no go here.

#5 Thank you. I don't know whether I handled in the best way possible. Knowing me, probably not. But I don't care how long ago Metropolis cheated me, it is still alive in my memory.

Aszumilo, I appreciate your thoughtfulness. If you want to talk with me again, I would welcome the conversation. I would really like your response.

In the meantime, Vinnie and Frank, are nowhere to be seen.

Aszumilo, I would like to add a note to #4. I am not going to let Mary Marvel #17 ever return to the hands of Metropolis.

RockMyAmadeus, who is this guy?

:hi:

He is a worthy opponent.

I like to think so.

Come here my friend. Where do you come from?

My mother's womb.

I stand as a friend of the goddess. Who do you stand with?

There is no such thing as "the goddess."

Let us begin. May the powers of the worlds protect us and heal us and give victory to what is written.

Sure, go with that.

Let us shake hands and hug before the battle.

I'm not much of a hugger, with exceptions.

Power to the Great Mother.

Who?

Blessings to all living beings.

What about curses...?

So you spoke to Frank at Metro,and after two years they are still willing to give you a refund.Only to find that you won't because they will not pay the 5 dollars to ship it back? You have got to be kidding me. doh!

Free Forestdharma from the chains of solitude and injustice!!! Release him to the battlefields of righteousness and fortitude to reach back to our hallowed antiquity, and help him recreate the true fall of the mighty mighty comic bubble! FREEEEEEEDOM!!!!

I was too rough on aszumilo. And too rough in my own nature. I don't like that. He is a good person. And, as the hours pass into dark night, I was too drunk.

I am going to bed. Please accept this night-time poem?

The grass-covered path

is secluded and still;

a closed door faces

the Chung-nan mountains.

In the evening, the air's chilly,

but the light rain stops;

at dawn, far off,

a few cicadas start.

Leaves fall

where no green earth remains;

a person at his ease

wears a common white robe.

With simplicity and plainness

his original nature still,

what need to practice

calming of the heart?

Inconsistency and absurdity

There is almost unanimous opinion against me. That tells me something.

Damn straight, hold that thought.

I made some mistakes. I should have contacted Metropolis with the staple rust/foxing issues immediately upon receipt of the book. And given them a chance to make it right.

I should not have said that I don't trust Frank (at Metropolis). Frank tried to make it right yesterday.

We all make mistakes and forgiveness would be a good practice here... Many blessings to all of you on the "board" and to Metropolis and especially to Frank at Metropolis.

Let's all move on.

Accurate observations on your own behaviour. The best approach that could be taken followed...

I believe this will be my last post on this thread. I made a another mistake.

But then insanity returned and the blessed become demonic...

Cowards and heroes, come gather round me. Make room for everyone. Among us stand men and women who serve a demon and are hypocrites.

Suddenly Metro becomes demonic and, despite your own about face, others here hypocrites.

No chance pal, she wrote the insult below in her little black book and cursed you forevermore.

Metropolis' Army of Girly-Men

Why would they bother? You said it was all over and now you're in here with these ridiculous quasi religous ravings. What a flipping joke. :makepoint:

oakman29, I wouldn't pay a penny to ship it back and neither would you.

chespirito, forestdharma is in lower case letters, if you wouldn't mind.

Dude... You know how hard it is to post with an IPhone?

RickL... That post took a lot of thought... I don't think I can get myself to do that here, I've got enough with grad papers... This is my outlet from thought
I was challenged, it had to be done. Edited by RickL

Inconsistency and absurdity

There is almost unanimous opinion against me. That tells me something.

Damn straight, hold that thought.

I made some mistakes. I should have contacted Metropolis with the staple rust/foxing issues immediately upon receipt of the book. And given them a chance to make it right.

I should not have said that I don't trust Frank (at Metropolis). Frank tried to make it right yesterday.

We all make mistakes and forgiveness would be a good practice here... Many blessings to all of you on the "board" and to Metropolis and especially to Frank at Metropolis.

Let's all move on.

Accurate observations on your own behaviour. The best approach that could be taken followed...

I believe this will be my last post on this thread. I made a another mistake.

But then insanity returned and the blessed become demonic...

Cowards and heroes, come gather round me. Make room for everyone. Among us stand men and women who serve a demon and are hypocrites.

Suddenly Metro becomes demonic and, despite your own about face, others here hypocrites.

No chance pal, she wrote the insult below in her little black book and cursed you forevermore.

Metropolis' Army of Girly-Men

Why would they bother? You said it was all over and now you're in here with these ridiculous quasi religous ravings. What a flipping joke. :makepoint:

:popcorn:

Them's some hot newb-on-newb action goin' on rightcheer....

oakman29, I wouldn't pay a penny to ship it back and neither would you.

chespirito, forestdharma is in lower case letters, if you wouldn't mind.

Funny,you will certainly last here.It's not good to paint yourself a Psycho.People will never take you seriously,and any respect is thrown out the window. :insane:

Rick L, I'm trying to go to bed. Your attention to detail...that's a beautiful thing. I have made lots of mistakes in the past four days. If you want to share them with me, I welcome that. I am fallible. I do not want to have wrong understanding, wrong speech, or wrong action. When you share them with me, please be kind.

Chespirito, I am glad you liked the poem. It's from the book, When I find you again it will be in mountains. I find comfort in these poems. Chia Tao (779-843) was a Buddhist monk until the age of 31 who took the extraordinary step of leaving the Buddhist order. He devoted himself to his poetry.