• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Firsts: The 1970s - Volume 2

20 posts in this topic

Speaking of omnibus... these are looking sweeeet! I saw the 60s one in barnes, but I'm salivating for these. All the marvel bronze keys in 2 TPBs :cloud9:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/marvel-firsts-marvel-comics/1104266650?ean=9780785163800&itm=2&usri=marvel%252bfirsts

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/marvel-firsts-roy-thomas/1105175943?ean=9780785163817&itm=28

The covers alone should appeal to every bronze age Marvel fans!

Let's see if there's more volumes coming up- as there's too many cult favourite titles left out, Eternals and omega the unknown etc. And with Conan/Kull out i doubt they would include licensed titles like Logan's Run. There were so many characters and titles created in this true golden age of comics creativity.

The covers alone should appeal to every bronze age Marvel fans!

Let's see if there's more volumes coming up- as there's too many cult favourite titles left out, Eternals and omega the unknown etc. And with Conan/Kull out i doubt they would include licensed titles like Logan's Run. There were so many characters and titles created in this true golden age of comics creativity.

Correction, the 1970s and 1980s are actually the Golden Age of comics creativity.

Other than Ghost Rider what other 70's firsts were made into movies? I like to think that Kelly's Heroes was inspired by Combat Kelly but that might be stretching it a bit.

I'm purposely omitting Conan and Logan's run since Conan wasn't inspired by the comic and Logan's Run was a movie inspired book.

Other than Ghost Rider what other 70's firsts were made into movies? I like to think that Kelly's Heroes was inspired by Combat Kelly but that might be stretching it a bit.

I'm purposely omitting Conan and Logan's run since Conan wasn't inspired by the comic and Logan's Run was a movie inspired book.

Howard The Duck.

Well, Wolverine is the obvious one. Others I can think of besides Howard is Swamp Thing and Man Thing. The was also a made for TV movie featuring the New Mutants or Gen X, or whatever it was called (it was horrible). Many of the characters in the TV series Birds of Prey came from the '70s or '80s if I recall.

I was out of comics since the late '70s all the way up until this year so I'm not certain if there are any more.

Howard The Duck.

and a bigger bomb.

punisher80smovie.jpg

Howard The Duck.

God why did you have to remind me.

I just watched Howard the Duck yesterday with my kids. My son got bored (because he was busy playing Ocarina of Time on his new Nintendo 3DS) but my daughter sat through it all. I still like that movie! :sumo: For what it is it is not too bad.

Hope to see the not so popular titles and characters like Skull the Slayer, Ulysses Bloodstone, the Human Fly, Torpedo, Man from Atlantis, ... and even Starr the Slayer included in the 70s volume.

The Human Fly intrigues me,as not much information is known about him. I tried googling to no avail. hm

I just watched Howard the Duck yesterday with my kids. My son got bored (because he was busy playing Ocarina of Time on his new Nintendo 3DS) but my daughter sat through it all. I still like that movie! :sumo: For what it is it is not too bad.

One of the few movies I liked better watching a second time. It wasn`t as bad as I remembered it.

Hope to see the not so popular titles and characters like Skull the Slayer, the Human Fly...

:cloud9:

Hey, my entire collection is from that venerable "not so popular titles" category.

:takeit:

If the interior art was as promising as the cover art -and even storylines, speaking of the HF and a couple of others, like omega the Unknown, some of these books might have lasted far longer.